posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:25 PM
Sorry but you guys are a little naive. You can laugh and snicker all you want, your world view is biased in the extreme.
You don't think luck pays a huge part in peoples success?
Do you really think only those that succeed work hard, and those they don't didn't work hard enough? That is just total naivety.
You obviously don't really understand the system you support, either that or you need to believe in the myth to justify your actions.
Wealth distribution is concentrated in a very small group of people, the real minorities, the real wealthy, the folks that dictate policy to maintain
their wealth at the expense of the rest of us. Did this 5% work harder than the rest of us? You obviously didn't work as HARD as them lol?
The top 5 percent own more than half of all wealth.
In 1998, they owned 59 percent of all wealth. Or to put it another way, the top 5 percent had more wealth than the remaining 95 percent of the
The top 20 percent owns over 80 percent of all wealth. In 1998, it owned 83 percent of all wealth.
This is a very concentrated distribution...
...Wolff: The bottom 20 percent basically have zero wealth. They either have no assets, or their debt equals or exceeds their assets. The bottom 20
percent has typically accumulated no savings.
A household in the middle — the median household — has wealth of about $62,000. $62,000 is not insignificant, but if you consider that the top 1
percent of households’ average wealth is $12.5 million, you can see what a difference there is in the distribution...
(just using that as a source for the above I don't necessarily agree with the conclusions)
The richest 2 percent of adults in the world own more than half the world's wealth, according to a new study released by the Helsinki-based World
Institute for Development Economics Research of the United Nations University.
People who have worked HARD all their lives are losing their homes, are being made homeless. Where did their hard work get them?
Yes work hard for the M.A.N. and end up poor and homeless anyway.
When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him: 'Whose?' Don Marquis US humorist (1878 - 1937)