It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judas Friend or Foe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There was a Topic Posted some time ago about Judas, I mentioned a Show about it saying perhaps Judas was asked to do this by jesus rather than being a rat.

It is on the History Channel Tonight @ 8 EST.

If your into it please watch and then discuss. I will bump the post tomorrow hopefully people will watch. it made alot of sense to me.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
nfo On the Show

Tuesday, March 9 @ 8pm ET/PT

He was one of the 12 apostles, one of the elect. Yet for 30 silver coins, Judas Iscariot turned on his teacher and closest friend. Historians, psychologists, theologians, and religious scholars investigate Judas's childhood, relationship with Jesus, and monumental decision that would characterize him for all time. Did Judas believe his betrayal would force Jesus to display his divine power and thereby prove he was the Messiah? Or was he acting on directives given by Jesus to fulfill a prophecy? TV PG

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The character of Judas needed to do those specific actions in order for Jesus and christianity to do/become what they did. Just like it wouldn't be much of a story if Alice never went throught the looking glass.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
::Show was Just on Anyone see it::
BUMP

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I've been trying to argue that point on a few different threads here... that Jesus (or God) had wanted/asked Judas to do his thing. It was, after all, part of the plan. But, because we have free will, I was saying he was asked...

People have tried to reason the devil made him do it. Bah! Lucifer wanted Christ alive... why'd Satan want to save all mankind?

But I did enjoy that Jesus's death coincided with Judas'. Always felt Judas was in heaven. After all, he did God's will... but it never occured to me that the washing away of the sins also affected Judas... never made that connection

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Anyone Else See this show?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Well I watched the movie "Judas" on CBS a week or so ago. From what I could understand is Judas looked at Christ as a leader in opposition of the ruling Romans. The people were in dire need of change and freedom of oppresion. He was angered that Jesus was helping everyone, Romans and Jews alike. Judas was a true Jew, awaiting the Messiah that Jews predicted would come and actually, physically save them, create an army and smash out the tyranny of the rule of the Romans. When Jesus failed to fit the description of the prophecied Messiah he lost his faith........ sold him out. Although he respected and loved him as a person he was not what was expected of the messiah. As to this day the Jews do not consider Jesus the Messiah for those exact reasons.

This may not be the same show you were talking about but it was a very interesting movie nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

join