It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something about Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here is a pic of Mars: members.lycos.nl...

Could it be possible that the white stuff on the southpole is drawn or attached after the photo was taken?

I don't know but that white spot irritates me, I think it wasn't there when the photo was taken, it covers something I guess??

Other opinions?

Here's another pic of mars but you cant's see that spot, but on the other hand there's a white circle at the north.
members.lycos.nl...

A Hole to the inside of mars?

Maybe I'm a bit to fascinated in the possibility that the planets are hollow, maybe not

what do you think?

[Edited on 6-1-2003 by alienaddicted]

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is a link to a site (I found on this forum thx) with a video of Science report, a program taken in 1977, in England.

www.thule.org...

Click on part 4 of the video, FastForward to at almost the end of the video. There they talk about the moonlandings and something about a weird phenomenon on Mars. I don't remember it very well (and the video doesn't work for the moment), but it said something about that suddenly there are mega storms on mars en something is happening with the poles, and something about a black spot that appears....

take a look at it!

edit

nah, they say it was caused by a nuclear attack. ?

Major storms and whole the pole melted away?

it also shows a video of a marslanding in 1962? They first landed on the moon in '69?? This isn't real, is it?

[Edited on 7-1-2003 by alienaddicted]

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The white stuff is snow.

Here's a nice page about the geology of Mars. It's written by an astrogeologist for NASA and has correct information on it:

aerospacescholars.jsc.nasa.gov...

It's not edited in. You can see them for yourself with an ordinary telescope.

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
white stuff = polar ice caps

same as on Earth, Mars has them too

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
No no no....the stuff he is talking about is the white "haze" that seems to be in the equatorial regions too, look to the west of the planet, this is indeed a haze, an ice cloud if you will it is usually about 10-15 miles above the planet surface. Yep...Mars has clouds too.

Clouds, myst, fog, even evidence of recently free flowing water, they still are debating whether they have found lakes or not, they are not sure what it actually is, but it is a more reflective surface than the surroundings, I wish I had a picture to show of those, quite incredible.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
so it's nothing special.

Just thought it didn't fit with the picture.

Maybe I should have looked for myself first and don't bother other people with my lack of knowledge on the subject

But on the other hand, if they lied about the planets being not hollow, then they wouldn't show pictures of a hole at the poles and fake them.

I didn't find many pics about earths poles

the strange ones taken with the ESSA 3 and 7 or something in the late 60's, there's like a hole in the clouds, very strange, I saw a topic on the forum about a whole in the clouds, something like that but much bigger.

anyway, we know what they tell us....

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Nah...it doesn't look normal....
but this is mars we are talking about.

Everything I say though has only a 95% chance of being correct, because I soak up a lot of info, including wrong stuff
But National Geographic had the MOST amazing Mars issue to date like about a year back, maybe not even that.

They had a complete fold out map, the size of a desk, on one side it went over the peculiarities of martian climate, such as the mist and the even free flowing water that they do now know exists in EXTREMELY small quantities at certain times of the year...in small gullies.

The Ice clouds, Ice vapor whatever...earth has them too, they are high clouds the type you see that look like streaks, which might explain their "hazy" look. I can not remember where I read about those, probably an older National Geographic on mars or a planetary book (more likely the first
)

So I don't think I'm wrong, but further investigation still wouldn't hurt, to nail an answer.

I've seen this picture before I think, but never thought of why there was so much of it...the "clouds", I was always under the impression that they were there, but not of such sufficient quantity, maybe because they are seemingly near the terminator that it just has to do with a "morning" dew type situation, and the setting sun condenses the ice to form so much cloud layers...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hmm since you brought up the hollow planets thing, I'd also like to comment on that...

...I do not see how a planet, especially our own, can be hollow.

Our planet under goes EXTREME tidal forces, by this gigantic moon swinging around us (way bigger than is natural this is for sure).

Mars in the past probably had similar tidal forces as well, though it's "Moon" was actually a bunch of asteroids that eventually came down (all but the last two which they will eventually decay in orbit as well), and I would think that if planets were not solid bodies, these Tidal forces would fracture them no?

So I don't see how the Hollow planets theory is a viable one, especially considering we've been to our polls and no holes there

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
They've found the magnetic pole
and they won't tell us about the hole.

The tops of the earth are phantoms,
HOLES...OLES....oles...es....s

The earths crust is moved in according to the inner sun due to meteor strikes. That would be the reason why the holes don't fit the magnetic poles.

There are several facts that could lead to a hollow earth:

People who claim they've been there.
The byrd story (fake or not?)
Through the century's people talked about hollow earth
Plato one of them.
Munks of tibet believe in it.
Eskimo's believe they come from there.
The coloured snow on the poles.
The northern light.
The reflection of land in the sky reported by a lot of people who went to the northpole
Pieces of trees an vegetation floating on northern seas, some with still blossoms on them?
The sattelites US launched above the northpole which 'dissapeared', never found again. They've tried 6 times I think. I've read this somewhere, I'll try to look it up

maybe, maybe not

If I could I would buy a plane and fly me over there to see for myself if there is something. Is there a hole, then I'll fly in it, across the mountains to the green valleys: EARTH'S PARADISE

and then I'll stay there... maybe borrow a ufo to get my family and friends there

hehehh we'll see

[Edited on 7-1-2003 by alienaddicted]

top topics

join