It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US shows off new Raptor jet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
BBC NEWS VIDEO LINK

Wow this baby is awesome , its a Stealth Fighter. Well i know their is a Stealth fighter but this looks the size of a Mig or normal mass aircraft.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The agility of that plane is exceptional. Think of how deftly it could distribute food!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Your sarcasm is not lost on me , i just have a bad feeling at the moment , every country is showing Bravado, Sides are being taken , and alliances brandished for the world to see.

I got a feeling that we are all on a 'side' or group in this world that may soon have to face another group with completely different ideals. be that religous or nationalistic i don't know.

The West think's it is the pinacle of civilization right now. they are probably wrong , Remember Rome?

I posted this because if push comes to shove and its all out war , i for one would like the latest tech on our side for the safety of my family and our way of life. Although i do not know how i would cope with such a situation.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Raptor pilot Captain Mike Trujillo sounds like he rehearsed that whole speech.
All in all, Im not that impressed with his little flying machine,,HAHAHA
Im still a fan of the F-4 Phantom, I know its old as dirt and many think it is ugly but I dont know it just has the right feel for me.
I wish there was a way to see the raptor in real action, see it compete with an A-typical jet fighter like f-18 hornet or F15 Eagle.
I would enjoy seeing how maneuverable it is compared to the older generation.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the post.That craft would eat any other fighter alive.Yeah i can just see the posts now.Oh the mig blah blah.Don't compare to this cookie.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So that's what a financial meltdown looks like in the air...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
So that's what a financial meltdown looks like in the air...

LOL.

Yup , whilst my Family and i starve due to the lack of food or price of available food, ( i believe we are facing a world population crunch, as well as a credit crunch , and lets be honest an oil crunch)

We can rest easy in the knowledge that the skies above our head are populated with the most advanced aircraft, reassuring eh?? lol

You know a lot of replies on ATS recently , are glib , and ironic. people are depressed , they feel the darkness looming.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
More than feel it, it's plain to see, and has been for a fairly long time. While people in africa, south and latin america are still having a hard time getting themselves above the poverty line because corporations and corrupt local governance reduce their options other people are thrown back into poverty because their government sees it fit to spend 200 million on an overpriced piece of shiny crap that does nothing but add unease to international relations.

It's evil times when people would rather point a gun than share some food, especially evil when there is more than enough food to go around.

When I was a kid I used to think these planes were the coolest thing on earth. Now I see them for the useless waste of resources they are.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I don't ever see any Americans complaining on this board about the economy.Just proves other countries like to dig the wound and twist it.Don't worry about our economy if your not from out country.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
I don't ever see any Americans complaining on this board about the economy.Just proves other countries like to dig the wound and twist it.Don't worry about our economy if your not from out country.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by alienstar]

Plenty of Americans have authored threads with regards to the downfall of the U.S economy , However

The term 'Credit Crunch' , refers to my own country the U.K, Hardly a day go's by without the word ' Credit Crunch' being used on MsM, thus i was not directly refering to the U.S even though it has been a major contributer to factors world wide.

Whats the saying? 'when America coughs , Europe gets a cold'

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This aircraft has nothing to do with someone not eating. End of story.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
"walk softly and carry a big stick"

Seems to be the Raptor is the biggest stick in the air, no?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Awwwwww man that thing kicks ass!!

it's going to destroy anything that will attempt to tangle with it in the future.

Makes every mig look like crap. DOn't get me wrong migs can be pretty, but this raptor is built to kill from the ground up. form following function.

the best part is whats hidden under the skin of this beast. what secret tech in the manner of electronics does this thing pack. bet it's at least a decade ahead of everybody. their on;y showing what they want us to see and know about the raptor.

A raptor against the most advanced mig or even f15 will be like clubbing baby seals.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Raptor pilot Captain Mike Trujillo sounds like he rehearsed that whole speech.
All in all, Im not that impressed with his little flying machine,,HAHAHA
Im still a fan of the F-4 Phantom, I know its old as dirt and many think it is ugly but I dont know it just has the right feel for me.
I wish there was a way to see the raptor in real action, see it compete with an A-typical jet fighter like f-18 hornet or F15 Eagle.
I would enjoy seeing how maneuverable it is compared to the older generation.

Oh the f-4, careful don't get to close to ANY aircraft that has any sort of cannon. especially if you just fired your last missle.

also, how is this new?
I made a model of this aircraft in like 2002 for AFJROTC

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Technically it's a piece of junk. If you consider how they turned a perfectly good concept of a pure interceptor into another fighter-bomber concept it is a waste.
So it is not only a moral waste of money, but even a waste in their own standards.

Nufsad

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Its the thrust-vectoring which makes the maneuverability superior, and also the electronics. Also has a lower radar signature. This plane is nothing new though. The "UFOs" will still dance circles around it.

F-22
www.youtube.com...
Eurofighter
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
Its the thrust-vectoring which makes the maneuverability superior, and also the electronics. Also has a lower radar signature. This plane is nothing new though. The "UFOs" will still dance circles around it.

F-22
www.youtube.com...
Eurofighter
www.youtube.com...

Nothing new? Compared to what? Something that officially doesn't exist yet?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
you should see some of the bombers they are working on. Apparently it is like a flying fortress with the capabilities of launching 22 ARAAM missles plus its bomber payload.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The F-22's have been rattling our area for almost a decade....given their speed there's few areas along the east coast who haven't seen one now and then for many years.....

I was surprised they haven't flown in Europe before I have seen them for so long.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yeah the raptor is huge . The stealth are short range fighter airplanes . They launch off the Florida aircraft carrier groups stationed in Europe . Those brave men sail from florida to Europe and then stay there and work with everyones permission to help out the entire planet .

The CF 18 can fly from here to anywhere and back , only Russia and Kanata have those planes now . The Untied States will have its own long range fighters ready in a few years to fly with the carrier groups .

[edit on 13-7-2008 by jokerdazey2]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join