It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MCCain is not a Natural born U.S. Citizen.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So, as of the act of 1795, people born outside the US to US citizens were simply citizens.

Naturalized citizens. You know, because it's called the "Naturalization Act".

So, if you're born a naturalized citizen are you not "natural born"?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
No facts no figures no nothing, just speaking from my sense of logic ............

It just seems that if two Amercan folks happen to be temporarily out of the country, no matter the why, that while they are out they have a child, and that child too is coming back to America with them to be raised just as the parents were, well ............... how the HELL would that kid not be American by birth?

That's all I have to say about that.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You know, I remember a phrase from before, it went something like..
With a scheister,
when the facts are against him, he pounds on the law
when the law is against him, he pounds on the facts
when both are against him, he pounds on the table.

you all realize just how much you guys are fitting this criteria, right?

give it up, you all lost.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

US Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, Clause 4. “No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.”

The language speaks for itself. The Founders KNEW the difference between a NATURAL BORN citizen and a citizen. Using the two different terms in the same sentence to mean the same thing would be nonsensical. Instead, the Founders were distinguishing between 2 classes of citizens in a clear way. Those born here and those born abroad. The first class of citizen was eligible to be president, the second was not. They understood what NATURAL BORN meant.

Congress has power to make anyone a citizen. Congress has seen fit to make persons born abroad to American citizens, a citizen of the US without further ado. Congress can do that. But Congress cannot make a person born aboard NATURAL BORN. And therein lies the rub.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You are being quite ignorant.

Amendments to the Constitution referenced previously all say that he is a natural born citizen. The Constitution isn't set in stone, as it has been modified via such amendments for ages. Learn how our government works. I suggest civics classes.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

The Constitution isn't set in stone, as it has been modified via such amendments for ages. Learn how our government works. I suggest civics classes.

Good observations, Mr J/S. This is my 5th post on this thread so I'll let it be my last.

On the issue of what class of citizen can be president.

US Constitution,
Article 1, Section 2, Clause 2:
No person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the age of twenty five years, and been seven years a citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an inhabitant of that state in which he shall be chosen.

Article 1, Section 3, Clause 2:
No person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the age of thirty years, and been nine years a citizen of the United States and who shall not, when elected, be an inhabitant of that state for which he shall be chosen.

Article 2, Section 1, Clause 4:
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

Argument.

I am embarrassed to have overlooked this self-contained explanation written by the Founders themselves. When read in this context, it is clear the Founders knew there was a difference in being a naturalized citizen and a natural born citizen. As to whether Congress has power to make a person "natural born" I say NO. See Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4: [The Congress shall have power] To establish a uniform rule of naturalization . .

I would ask anyone who thinks Congress can make persons born outside the United States a "natural born" citizen to answer this: Would you also say living outside the US, in the Panama Canal Zone for example, for 14 years but otherwise not in the US, would satisfy the presidential residency requirement? If "yes" then you have no problem with "natural born" but if "no" then you do.

Conclusion.

Not being a religious person I hesitate to say this, but it is so succinct that I'm going to say it anyway: Congress can make anyone a citizen but only GOD can make a natural born citizen.

From Headline Captoin
On May 1, 1992, the third day of the L.A riots, Rodney King appeared in public before television news cameras to appeal for calm, asking:
“People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids?...It’s just not right. It’s not right. It’s not, it’s not going to change anything. We’ll, we’ll get our justice....Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. I mean, we’re all stuck here for a while. Let’s try to work it out. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to work it out.” In October 2008, King will appear on the second season of Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7/15/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Of course he is natural-born. Test tube babies weren't born until he came home from Vietnam.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Yes, you are right. I believe he was born naturally (although there may have been a C-section)

Good post Don White.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

FBI is withholding 30 tapes of McCain playing part of Tokyo Rose telling pilots that they are conducting an immoral war.

Sounds like Hanoi Jane, but more convincing.

If Obama becomes President, these tapes may leak, hopefully the FBI also leaks the Pentagrams 80 tapes from 9/11.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Link

McCain is not a natural born U.S. citizen nor is he a naturalized ctitizen until he's sworn in by the Dept. of Imigration

This means, if McCain is elected and his citizenship is finally questioned, Palin will become president of the (so-called) free world. Or, as the Republicans have consistently done in the past, most likely McCain’s first act as president, after being sworn in to protect the Constitution, will be to throw out the Constitution regarding his eligibility.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by vanosman]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Oy! Shrub said the Constitution is just a "gd piece of paper".

I believe that is a treasoness statement. But that's how he rolls. And that is how McCain will roll.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't know where this came from or what it means, but this image has definitely been altared. Look closely at "USA" in both the mother and father's lines.

Originally posted by DocMoreau
Here is a copy of McCain's Panamanian Birth Certificate, courtesy of coolieno99 in the thread I mentioned in my last post. Very interesting question if you ask me. He was definitely born in Panama, but was he born on a U.S. Base, in a Boat going through the Panama Canal? Isn't airspace even considered the country of birth, I know I have heard of babies born on planes. Maybe the point is moot if the Congress can just 'declare'...
DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
ROFL... Nothing here to see

Move along

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
why do you say that. I'm not drawing any conclusions. I'm just pointing out something quite obvious and I haven't seen it mentioned before. and I would like to know why it appears that something was erased on this image and USA was added. Is this document authentic? Just look at it and tell me.

Originally posted by SGSPatriot
ROFL... Nothing here to see

Move along

[edit on 31-10-2008 by conwaylemmon]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

It just seems that if two American folk happen to be temporarily out of the country, no matter the why, that while they are out they have a child, and that child too is coming back to America with them to be raised just as the parents were, well ............... how the HELL would that kid not be American by birth?

I did not read all the posts here, I hope this is not redundant. Let's go to the source.

US Constitution. Article 2, Section 1, Clause 4. No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President;

Fourteenth Amendment, Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

US Constitution. Article 1, Section 8: “The Congress shall have power . .
Clause 4. To establish a uniform rule of naturalization . .

ALL NATURAL BORN persons are citizens but NOT ALL CITIZENS are natural born. Congress can make you a CITIZEN but only GOD can make you NATURAL BORN.

"Natural born" meaning of course, to have been born INSIDE the United States.

Panama is NOT now and was NOT ever the United States.

Yes, the Canal Zone was under the jurisdiction of the United States of America by a Treaty signed with the Panamanians but no matter how much you want it to be so, the Canal Zone was not then nor was it ever a part of the United States. Fini?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by conwaylemmon

. . this image has definitely been altared. Look closely at "USA" in both the mother and father's lines.

But being a Republican, he ran anyway! I cannot see any problem with the "USA" you noticed. I do wonder out of curiosity if Colon is inside the old Canal Zone or outside?

First,
the date of the photocopy document is "28 March 1980" which may have been the first time John McCain ran for Congress and it was required by the Arizona electoral authority to prove his elieibiity for Congress.

Next.
In the upper left hand corner of the document it says " 63-A" and just below that it says what appears to me to be "Rev 10/70" which means this photocopy is of a document prepared in 1980 using a form revised in 1970 and probably "Form 63-A."

It is easy to imagine John McCain had never been required to furnish proof of birth before as his father was an Admiral in the US Navy and you don't muck with an admiral's son.

Last,
it has been suggested John McCain's mother was in a Panamanian hospital at the time of his birth and NOT in a US Navy hospital located INSIDE the Canal Zone. That would explain the Spanish language Birth Certificate and not signed by an American Navy doctor. But where OUTSIDE the US he was born does not alter McCain's NOT being a natural born citizen. He is a NATURALIZED citizen by Act of Congress because his parents are both citizens and his father was in the Military.

[edit on 11/27/2008 by donwhite]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join