It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MCCain is not a Natural born U.S. Citizen.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

"federal law states that "Any person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this chapter"

might want to read this line kleverone

[edit on 15pmu82007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Because the Constitution says for a person to be president, they have to be a NATURAL-BORN Citizen. A NB citizen is someone who was born IN the US. Not Panama or a US base abroad.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Look up the definition of Natural Born Citizen. The is argument for either side. I see this, why don't you?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I wonder why Obama is remaining so silent on the matter? Could he be afraid someone might demand to see his BC and his passport records if he speaks out?

Maybe we have two imposters that aren't qualified to be President now.. It's Bush's third term by default!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I'm still waiting for that duplicate thread discussing this artilce in the New York Times. If you are going to make accusations such as this, please back them up with proof, and please do not refer me to some obscure thread or link in 20008, just copy the thread in question and then hit
paste. If you have any questions on how this is done please feel free to U2U me.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I wonder why Obama is remaining so silent on the matter? Could he be afraid someone might demand to see his BC and his passport records if he speaks out?

Maybe we have two imposters that aren't qualified to be President now.. It's Bush's third term by default!

Good point

though....Obama's birth certificate...excuse me "Certificate of Birth" has already been solved by a Hawaiian State official

I wont to say - when i opened this thread, i laughed. I laughed hard, because this is the first image that came to my mind

oh my god this is too good.

I'd like to be captain obvious for a second.

When Barry-o's certicate is brought up - we are able to define, undeniably, that his birth was, legally, to merit him citizenship.

it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt

then the argument shifted to the validity of his birthcertificate

proven, with only a shadow of a doubt

im making the "educated guess" here that this whole "obama has a faked birth certificate" was actually just a shaky argument started by McCains internet squad in order to pull attention away from the geezer himself.

My how the tides have turned

If you werent a mod, and i was...a....mod....

i'd give you an applause for every response in this thread

BRAVO!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Because the Constitution says for a person to be president, they have to be a NATURAL-BORN Citizen. A NB citizen is someone who was born IN the US. Not Panama or a US base abroad.

The United States Constitution does not define the term "natural born citizen"; however, it does confer on Congress the power: "To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

source en.wikipedia.org...

sadly congress does not share your oppinion.

i looked it up and is says its up to congress to decide and they have. so i guess he is infact a natural born citizen..

[edit on 15pmu82007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Dale...you give new meaning to "dont judge a book by its cover"

you really should read further down

this is from the link you provided

"The constitutional wording has left doubts about whether those born on foreign soil are on an equal footing with those whose birth occurred inside the country's borders, and whether they have the same rights."[1] Though every president and vice president to date (as of 2008) has either been a citizen at the adoption of the Constitution, or else born in a U.S. state or Washington D.C.[2], a number of presidential candidates have been born elsewhere.[3]

and

However, it should be noted that the law that conferred this status took effect on August 4, 1937, one year after John McCain was born.[7]

not to mention the fact that,
, john mccain SUPPORTS THE IDEA that you should not have to be a 'natural-born citizen' to be elected president

Change rule barring immigrants from running for president. (May 2007)
Source

and offers us this explanation

Q: Should we change our Constitution to allow men like Mel Martinez, born in Cuba, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, born in Austria, to stand here some night as candidates for president?

HUNTER: We haven't seen his endorsement yet. That's a no.

GILMORE: No, I want to amend this Constitution in a variety of different ways, and this would be not a good start to do it that way.

McCAIN: He and I have many similar attributes, so I have to seriously consider it.
Source

Yeah. Im sure thats his reason. :shk:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Don't forget this one taken from Dale's source

Persons born in the United States, and persons born on foreign soil to two U.S. parents, are born American citizens and are classified as citizens at birth under 8 USC 1401. There is some debate over whether persons who were born US citizens and are classified as citizens at birth under U.S. law should also be considered citizens "by birth," or whether they should all be considered to be "naturalized." There is also some debate over whether there is a meaningful legal distinction between citizens "at birth" and citizens "by birth" since U.S. law makes no such distinction, nor does the Fourteenth Amendment use the term "at birth." Current U.S. statutes define certain individuals born overseas as "citizens at birth."[10] One side of the argument interprets the Constitution as meaning that a person either is born in the United States or is a naturalized citizen. According to this view, in order to be a "natural born citizen," a person must be born in the United States; otherwise, he is a citizen "by law" and is therefore "naturalized."[11] Current State Department policy reads: "Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth."[12] However, this does not affect those who are born abroad to U.S. citizens and who otherwise meet the qualifications for citizenship at birth.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

its funny they leave out certain parts of their own sources

In typical "neo-con" fashion - its easier to omit the things that make you wrong, and post what is left that makes you look right

nice find Kleverone.

S&F

im still laughing.

[edit on 7/11/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
he was born on a us military base by american parents.

us military bases are us soil. he may have or at least used to have a dual citzenship.

go cry your non-sence some where else..

"Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth."

Thanks for providing me with the link that proved you wrong.

Link

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

its funny how liberals only hear the part of the conversation that supports their agenda.

if you read the entire thread and use your brain to put two and two together. then you would see that these points you brought up were taken into consideration..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Really? Care to point those out instead of referencing them vaugely? At least you are consistent.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Benevolent Heretic brought that up on the first page. same exact source.

even if i was wrong on that point congress declaired him a citizen with the 14 amendment.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

pointing them outl:

evey post above.

im not gonna quote the entire thread..

link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

When Barry-o's certicate is brought up - we are able to define, undeniably, that his birth was, legally, to merit him citizenship.

it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt

then the argument shifted to the validity of his birthcertificate

proven, with only a shadow of a doubt

im making the "educated guess" here that this whole "obama has a faked birth certificate" was actually just a shaky argument started by McCains internet squad in order to pull attention away from the geezer himself.
When was anything proven Andrew? Neformore bunch the thread all up where it's practically indecipherable.. That's not proof of anything except maybe bias, and the state registrar made no such confirmation. You're suffering from a case of wishful thinking. If they screwed up on McCain being a natural born citizen, then it's also feasible Barack slipped through the cracks as well.

I can't wait to see the Democrats attack a war hero's citizenship because he was born in Panama, to two American citizens, while his father was serving his country. That should lose them a lot of votes!

My how the tides have turned

If you werent a mod, and i was...a....mod....

i'd give you an applause for every response in this thread

BRAVO!!!
You've lost me big guy.. I'm not a Mod.

[edit on 7/11/08 by LLoyd45]

link   

So wait.

you're "right" until you're proven wrong...

then you're "right" again because congress says so?

Ok.

So if congress says the govenator (arnold) is a citizen, can he run for office too?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

"Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment.

Do you really have any idea what you are talking about?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

no im right because i say im right.

and my point is right because congress said so..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

no im right because i say im right.

would you mind if i made that my new signature. Of course i'd give you credit for being the one who said it

im sorry, but according to people who know a LOT more about it than you - The law says mccain isnt a eligible.

[edit on 7/11/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join