It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banking regulators close IndyMac

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
reply to post by Swingarm

You think the fractional reserve system is to blame for an economic recession? This clearly illustrates your indoctrinated and conspiracy propagandized views on the subject.

Please do your research. I've provided several cites to peer reviewed sources about this already. Federal reserve conspiracy blogs is not research.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

Yeah it is the fractional reserve system and the privately owned banks including the Federal Reserve that is causing these problems and if you cant realize this then I dont know what to say. They are causing this to ensue a big power grab in which real assets can be picked up for pennies on the dollar. The media is playing right into it also.

The fact is all the credit issued at interest forces banks to create even more money to be put into the overall supply to accommodate all this created money. This is why we are feeling the inflation. On top of this all the government pork projects they are paying for without having the money. Yes this has everything to do with our banking system and our government in collusion. So how do we reward them? Give them all the assets ...there ya go. Shall I call you lightindarkness chavez?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by mybigunit

As I previously said, the FDIC creates a moral hazard. However, since its not going to go out of existence anytime soon, why should I not benefit from it? After all, lots of sheep are going to panic and run around in circles screaming hysterically, someone should profit.

You are right here. The banks caused this so the sheep would run and run they will so they can pick up all these assets. I just dont like that I have to pay for all this via my taxes and the inflation tax. I want to pay for it how I am paying for it now and that is using my money to invest in this stuff to make money. Im not going to run and hide by all means like everyone else because they will make it right. Its just we all will have to pay for it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

Your still proud you got my roommate banned aren't you? It shows just how little evidence for anything you have, going around trying to silence people because they don't buy into your brain washing. The good news is you turned yet another curious person against your conspiracies - which happens anyways, since you have no evidence.

I'm terribly sorry the facts disagree with your propaganda. The federal reserve is neither unconstitutional, nor illegal. Your living proof that you can show all reason, evidence, and reality to someone - but if they suffer from paranoid schizophrenia with delusions of grandeur - it won't matter a bit. Seek help.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Right, I agree, in my perfect world we wouldn't have the FDIC. It does little to stop panic, since the sheeple, as we see on ATS, will look for any reason to panic even if its invalid. I'd much eliminate the moral hazard and give people a real reason to panic.

There is no government "collusion" with the banks, at least not in the conspiracy sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

The banking system should be immune to bank runs through sound financial policy. Not a money from nothing scheme that can'y sustain itself.
The government are the only ones that should be in control of the money supply. Many may disagree, but to me it's the only way to stop usary by the private bankers on money created out of nothing by the commercial banks for loans to the private sector.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Your still proud you got my roommate banned aren't you? It shows just how little evidence for anything you have, going around trying to silence people because they don't buy into your brain washing. The good news is you turned yet another curious person against your conspiracies - which happens anyways, since you have no evidence.

I'm terribly sorry the facts disagree with your propaganda. The federal reserve is neither unconstitutional, nor illegal. Get over it.

If you want to refer to yourself as 'my roommate' then feel free, but don't insult my intelligence. The other handle you created to agree with you (pacific winds) was clearly you. Your writing style was obvious.

Anyhow, the Constitution states that only the Congress shall have the power to coin money. Not Private Banks!

[edit on 13-7-2008 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

No free market banking system is immune from bank runs. You believe in all of these off the wall conspiracies about the government, and you want to give them even MORE power and authority?

Giving government exclusive control (it already has partial control, the federal reserve is QUASI-PUBLIC and not private) over money gives politicians the power and political authority to create havoc with the economy in order to win elections. Unless you want this to become the next Zimbabwe, I'll take hysterical people screaming the sky is falling over a bank failure over a loaf of bread costing $6 billion dollars.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Your paranoid delusions only show how wrong you are and always have been. I know you can't actually win any debate on ATS without running to the moderators to get people banned, and kudos for being successful, but your paranoia I'm afraid does not reflect reality. Get over it. Seek help for your mental issues.

Please do your research. The federal reserve does not coin money. The US Mint, a United States Department of the Treasury organization, which is under Congress's oversight jurisdiction, coins the money. See? All those years of believing in conspiracies, destroyed by the cold hard facts that you could find in 2 minutes.

Try again.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

"If that mischievous financial policy, which had its origin in the North American Republic, should become indurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without a debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous beyond precedent in the history of the civilized governments of the world. The brains and the wealth of all countries will go to North America. That government must be destroyed, or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe." times london, after
Lincoln printed 400 million dollars worth of Greenbacks (the exact amount being $449,338,902),

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

“A Conspiracy!” cried the delighted lady, clapping her hands. “Of all things, I do like a Conspiracy! It’s so interesting!”

- Lewis Carroll, My Lady, Sylvie and Bruno (1889)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Your paranoid delusions only show how wrong you are and always have been. I know you can't actually win any debate on ATS without running to the moderators to get people banned, and kudos for being successful, but your paranoia I'm afraid does not reflect reality. Get over it. Seek help for your mental issues.

Please do your research. The federal reserve does not coin money. The US Mint, a United States Department of the Treasury organization, which is under Congress's jurisdiction, coins the money. See? All those years of believing in conspiracies, destroyed by the cold hard facts.

Try again.

Sorry I have to disagree with you...(Gee this would be the first *cough*) Actually the constitution says the following

www.usconstitution.net...

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To coin the money which the US mint does and set the value thereof which the federal reserve does. This is the big issue Ron Paul tries to get the government to admit. The treasury secretary says one thing and the Fed head says another. The fact is the supply of the dollars and the setting of the interest rates is what sets the value of the dollar and now more than ever we can see this.

Ron Paul tried getting this clarified here but they refused to answer the question who sets the value of our money....

When you control the supply of money and the interest that it is loaned out at you control the value of the dollar and that is unconstitutional. The FED is not government and they dont even claim to be a government agency.

My point to you is its a corrupt system might as well learn it and make money off it. If you cant change the thievery then join them

[edit on 13-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Who loans money to the Treasury at interest so that it can be printed into existence?

And let's not revise history. Several people in a thread called you on your other handle and a mod was one of them. No one 'ran' to anyone. Your age is showing, I'm surprised you have so much time on your hands, what with studying for all these 'degrees'. I think your probably some punk kid sitting in a dark room somewhere making all that up.

Edit to add: I'm headin' out the pool to catch some Rays. I think I'll put light on Ignore now.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The US Mint coins the money and sets the value. The federal reserve at no point sets the value of the U.S. currency. It decides at what percent the money is loaned out, which has nothing to do with the value of the currency itself. The U.S. mint determines what amount of coins equals 1 dollar, not the federal reserve.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

3v1, how surprising. Why is it no one can support these conspiracies on their own?

Your delusional paranoid mental issues continue, I see. Please stop making things up. I notice you only bother to respond during a forum gang bang on me, because you realize just how little evidence you have for anything you say.

Fact: US Mint coins the money and decides its value. In line with what the Constitution requires. No matter how many people pile on to try to disprove the facts, they remain, despite your desire to create conspiracies about them. The Federal Reserve refunds all interest loaned, minus its operating cost (surprise, even if the government did this itself it would have its own operating cost), directly back to the treasury. Our net cost? Zero.

Try again.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

forum gang bang on me
not me I don't go for that. You are your own worst enemy.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The US Mint coins the money and sets the value. The federal reserve at no point sets the value of the U.S. currency. It decides at what percent the money is loaned out, which has nothing to do with the value of the currency itself. The U.S. mint determines what amount of coins equals 1 dollar, not the federal reserve.

That's a good one!

Edit to add. Are you serious? That was a joke right?

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Maxmars]

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/7/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Oh I know, speaking truth to conspiracy theorists elicits an almost rabid foaming at the mouth response. I expect it, but it never ceases to amaze me how no one can address it by themselves.

However, I'm not here to be a member of the ATS Hive Mind and blindly believe what conspiracies fit my narrow worldview. I make decisions based on facts and truth, which is understandably unpopular here.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'm afraid theres more than 3 reread the thread, We still love you though.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I'm talking about at the moment. I have no doubt there are more than that who want to ignore the truth and the facts.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Nope. The US Mint coins the money and sets the value. The federal reserve at no point sets the value of the U.S. currency. It decides at what percent the money is loaned out, which has nothing to do with the value of the currency itself. The U.S. mint determines what amount of coins equals 1 dollar, not the federal reserve.

Ok so the people that control the volume of dollars that is conjured into existence (The FED) and the people the control the cost of that money conjured into existence (The FED) doesnt control the value of the money its the person who creates the money (The Mint) after being told to create the money by (The FED)....ok I get it.....

Light listen to me please the mint hasnt set the value of our currency in YEARS!!! How can they our currency is paper with no backing. Its not tagged to anything. So the mint wakes up one day and says hey our currency is worth this? I mean Im sitting here chuckling because it is so far from the truth its laughable. Yes the mint says hey 4 quarters = a dollar sure but who sets the value of that actual dollar? Sorry my friend the mint has nothing and I mean nothing to do with setting the "value" of our currency.

BTW not trying to gang up on you even though you should be used to that by now.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by mybigunit]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join