It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banking regulators close IndyMac

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes

Bailed out!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA, with what? Fiat money from Benny and the Inkjets, that will dilute the currency so much that its cheaper to wipe your A$$ with fiat then it is with Charmin?

You are talking of a combined TRILLIONS of dollars. The Fed budget is only 2.5 T and we are so far in the hole that we cannot see the light of day. No, the pain will be here for a long time as the regulatorsd slice and dice these companies and sweep the collatoral damage under th rug. However, the implecations will be far reaching and it will crush the banking and credit businesses of the world...

Yup thats exactly how we will do it. We will print the money and the people wont say a word. They will print these fiat dollars to bail these guys out and oil will shoot right up to $200 At this point oh its all IRANS fault oil is this high so lets go bomb them. Hehe its pathetic how our government works but I think change is very unlikely so we might as well learn how these theives work and make some money off it.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The collapse of the Banks isn't what's gonna get ya. It's the money that will be printed to shore them up through the FDIC, Fed Drive up window, etc,etc. We will face hyperinflation behind this crap. Just look at the Weimar, Yugoslavia, Zimbabwe experiences to see what we will face. A horse by any other name.......Bankrupt is Bankrupt.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Yes, they certainly will sell the mortgages off to other banks.. When Bank of America bought out a good portion of Country Wide, the Fed had to give BOA a crap ton of money, to the tune of tens of billions to "secure" the loans.. so that they don't take on the bad mortgages when they are themselves on shaky ground..

So who ever gets the sub prime accounts, the Fed will have to give charity to the buyer to secure the loans in the first place.. the charity money then will be used to speculate oil -- guaranteed income -- to secure the bad loans they took on, and their own. Oil at $250 by Autumn? I think so..

mybigunit

Lehmans shares have been decimated, the company is insolvent or near insolvency.. yes, they will get bailed out .. imo, it will be like Bear Sterns.. mp question the bank is in trouble though ..

If the market tanks on money Im jumping in for the long run

I will be in the Forex, betting the Dollar takes a nose dive against World currencies.

HimWhoHathAnEar

It's the money that will be printed to shore them up through the FDIC, Fed Drive up window

I agree, more Dollar de-valuation .. which is why I am betting the Dollar tanks..

Of course, this is a World economy.. if the Dollar keeps up it's current dive, (30+ percent lost value since Jan) inflation in Europe and Asia, and the ME, will continue to accelerate..

Driving oil prices up.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have a theory that I'm putting to the test. When bear stearns collapsed, their stock went to 2.00 a share. After the bailout it went to 10.00.

Indymac is at .28 a share today. I just put in an order for 10,000 shares. Hopefully it will go to 10.00 after the bailout.

If so I will have $100,000, if not I lose 2800$.

I will let you all know what happens.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Charles Schumer -- Asshat of the day.

The banking regulator said it closed IndyMac after customers began a run on the lender following the June 26 release of a letter by Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., urging several bank regulatory agencies that they take steps to prevent IndyMac's collapse.

In the 11 days that followed the letter's release, depositors took out more than $1.3 billion, regulators said..

Here is what I want a little speculation on:

The FDIC planned to reopen the bank on Monday as IndyMac Federal Bank, FSB.

My sourcey source....

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes

Originally posted by mybigunit
reply to post by Rockpuck

You are talking of a combined TRILLIONS of dollars. The Fed budget is only 2.5 T and we are so far in the hole that we cannot see the light of day. No, the pain will be here for a long time as the regulatorsd slice and dice these companies and sweep the collatoral damage under th rug. However, the implecations will be far reaching and it will crush the banking and credit businesses of the world...
You will get burned and burned big time. The bottom is no where close.
[edit on 11-7-2008 by pityocamptes]

My God man... You are talking financial Armogedon here. 2012 crap and all that is what we are really talking about. The entire banking and credit businesses of the world crushed because of all of this? It really will be every man for himself in a world like that....

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

Dude, just look at the numbers. Deritives up into the hundreds of trillions, massive bank losses, etc. This is only the beginning. Look at a US dollar fiat chart - we have started to go exponential - you can't print your way out of that sort of situation... another GD if we are lucky is coming...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Current price is .18

Bought to soon my friend.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Ok so let me get this straigh it will now be owned in a sense by the FDIC. Isnt the FDIC an arm of the federal reserve so in a sense the federal reserve will own indymac now? If this is the case WOW>......talk about a power grab. The thieving company called the FED is at it again. Causing the runs and then gobbling these places up for pennies on the dollar.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It was released after the bell. Most people who follow financials already knew they were dead, so it's not a total surprise. Hell we've been talking about it for a few days now.FDIC always goes in on Friday. I'm not sure of the particulars of how FDIC is funded but they are an insurance company, and I'm pretty sure insured institutions pay some type of premium. I know that given the role the FDIC plays in the confidence of our financial system I'm 100% positive if they needed the cash CONgress would give it.

Seems like what I've read so far, FDIC is doing things a little different with this one due to the size. I see some reference to a bank they closed down like this back during the S&L crisis.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I thought only those who have preferred stock get paid out in the event of total collapse and bankruptcy? Those with common get shafted...

Like I said in another post the FDIC only has 50 B left. Insiders are saying that Indy will, at a minimum, cost 20 B to save - the insiders know this and are playing the numbers down. I really do not see a "bail out". Just a slice and dice and ultimate bankruptcy... oh, and the CEO gets his golden shute

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Ok, so I am ignorant as to the ramifications of what may transpire on Monday. If everyone panics and Freddie and Fannie go the way if IndyMac what can we expect?

Is that a real in your face point of no return for even the ignorant laymen like me? I mean if it is how does the MSM and the government spin it? Or do the sheeple shrug as the tilde wave hits? Not much they can do anyway but you would expect more laymen like me to be at least a little bit interested.

I am scared out of my wits about this and I really have nothing invested in the stock market but then again this is much larger than the stock market isn't it?

This guy freaks me out more than ATS here...

Ambrosw doom and gloom here...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You realize that if oil goes above $200 a barrel, that would be the end of civilization as we know it here in the US, right?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I don't honestly know WHO they are now owned by... technically speaking, they are still a publicly traded company, because the stocks are still being sold in after hour trading -- about .18 right now --

I assume it's .. still Indymac .. it's just under the leadership of the Federal Reserve now .. so I assume they are still publicly owned.

I have never studied the difference between "Federal Bank" and "Corporation" ..

My guess though, it's being held up by the Fed to be sold off piece by piece..

Personally.. I would not have bought stock in Indy after the Fed announced it was getting shut down...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

You realize that if oil goes above $200 a barrel, that would be the end of civilization as we know it here in the US, right?

No, it wouldn't. It would make gas around $4.50-4.60 .... which would NOT shut the US economy down ... it would make it harder for many, but eventually you'll learn to not eat one night a week to afford the gas to get to work..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Where is alightinthedarkness ? He will have all the answers for all you doom and gloomer conspiracy shills

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 11-7-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Light is the sexiest & most intelligent man on earth and does not deserve to be treated in this fashion swing that is not right at all

[edit on 11-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

HEY ...

Don't pick a fight with Light when hes not here..

Let's stick the TOPIC people and lets NOT go down the road of flaming trollish BS ..

Intellectual conversations ONLY. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
Where is alightinthedarkness ? He will have all the answers for all you doom and gloomer conspiracy shills

ahem
Clearing throat to add something obvious:

Hello Swingarm.
I'd like to point out something that slightly obvious to most members here.
ATS is a CONSPIRACY related discussion board. I hope you realize what that means. Thank you, and carry on.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

have you seen this chart from the fed?

research.stlouisfed.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join