It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pickens Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Are you frustrated by $4-$5/gallon gas? Are you confused as to why many our elected leaders are still resisting more domestic gas and oil exploration and production? Are you worried about our ever growing dependency of foreign oil and the billions of US dolllars that leave this country every year, and end up in countries that harbor and support enemies of our way of life?

Several options:

1) Make it clear to your state and federal representatives that you will not cast a vote for ANYONE who is not 100 percent behind more domestic oil and gas production.

2) Check out this site

The Pickens Plan

When I first heard about it I was skeptical, but what he is saying makes sense.

This could be the begining of a sea change in the way our country uses it's energy resources. A way that will provide all the energy we need and are accustomed to, a way that reduces our dependancy of foriegn oil, and protects our national and economic interests.

Check out the website. If you agree w/ what Mr. Pickens is saying, join the movement and urge 4-5 others to do the same.

Now, I'm not naive enough to think he's being completely altruistic. I realize he's getting into the wind business in a big way, but if he can help the country and make a few (billion) bucks at the same time, more power to him...I mean after all, that's the American way.... right?

This thread could have been posted in a number of forums:
Fragile Earth, Politics, Peak Oil, Political Conspiracies, Technology, etc. Please feel free to move it if neccessary.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think this is a wonderful plan, and I wish it would get more attention...and that more oil men would step up to the plate and address the fact that oil dependency is destroying and robbing our country of it's wealth. I salute Boone Pickens, I know he plans to profit from this, but I think is a good motivator for more people to join in.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbluesky

OP I beat you to the punch --- thread topic is here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
That's a bit suicidal.
More oil and gas is not the answer.
I would vote for representatives that support renewable and clean energy initiatives.
Increasing production of a finite resource only increases the amount of time before it's all gone, whereas switching to an infinite resource provides higher national security, makes for healthier life, and doesn't totally destroy the planet.
So yeah, I don't like the plan, I see the point behind it, gas costs too much, I reckon if it costs too much it's time to switch to alternatives, or at least heavily fund research into; you and the planet benefit from renewable energy resources - even if that's just personally a solar panel for a laptop, or a wind generator for a house in a rural area, it's not impossible, and it's alot better than continued fossil fuel usage.
No disrespect, I just don't think that more fossil fuel usage is the answer the planet leads, and your plan would lead to it.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I posted an response on the other T. Boone Pickens thread and I never know what the protocol truly is when ATS has 2 similar threads going at the same time.

At least T. Boone Pickens is offering a plan and an idea. For Texas' sake it would be far better to have him as governor than either the Bilderberger Rick Perry (a.k.a. Governor Zoolander) or the extremely disappointing Kay Bailey Hutchison.

What he needs to add to this though is an elimination of the Enron Loophole allowing speculators to cause the price per barrel to skyrocket without any discernible reason. That is a U.S. Federal matter, of course. A pity that neither Republicans or Democrats have either the will, the intelligence, or the sense of obligation to the People to put an end to it.

[edit on 12/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

top topics

join