It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You may have seen the commercials--T. boone Pickens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
T boone Pickens Oil Guru is spending a lot of money placing this 60 second spot on primetime TV-

youtube.com...

Now meet the plan--

www.pickensplan.com...

[edit on 11-7-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
One thing you've gotta say is this guy has some brass and make sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My husband was talking about this the other day and was looking at the website. I agree that we need to move away from foriegn oil. I'm really not sure why we even use foriegn oil...I read somewhere a while back that the US has enough oil in RESERVES to last the country at it's current consumption rate for 20 + years. This is not including the oil that we are drilling for here on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'll all behind using wind power, etc. The trouble is getting the government to back it.

I read somewhere that they wanted to put windmills off the coast of Mass. Teddy didn't like it because it would spoil the view, and it was shot down.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I am very impressed with what T. Boone Pickens has to say.

I have become a big promoter of the Swedish Energytower and hope something like it could be deployed on homes and buildings. It is safer for birds than the great large windmill-style turbines.

Many in the USA could effectively use Solar Water Heating (rather than use natural gas), and the USA and Canada have done precious little with geothermal energy as well as energy from human waste and animal manure. The Norwegians are very much pioneers in that area and have already worked out many of the issues, so all North American governments would need to do is follow the Norwegian technology.

OSLO - In an extreme energy project tapping heat from raw sewage, Oslo's citizens are helping to warm their homes and offices simply by flushing the toilet.

Large blue machines at the end of a 300-metre long tunnel in a hillside in central Oslo use fridge technology to suck heat from the sewer and transfer it to a network of hot water pipes feeding thousands of radiators and taps around the city.

"We believe this is the biggest heating system in the world using raw sewage," Lars-Anders Loervik, managing director of Oslo energy company Viken Fjernvarme which runs the plant, told Reuters. The plant opened this week.

The heat pump, a system of compressors and condensers, cost 90 million Norwegian crowns (US$13.95 million) and has an effect of 18 megawatts (MW), enough to heat 9,000 flats or save burning 6,000 tonnes of oil a year.

And experts say sewers could be exploited elsewhere.

"The technology is there, so if the infrastructure is also there, this is a feasible solution in many cities worldwide," said Monica Axell, head of the International Energy Agency's heat pump centre. The agency advises 26 industrialised nations.

She said a bigger heat pump in Sweden, with a 160 MW capacity, exploited heat from treated sewage. And in Finland, a 90 MW plant ran on waste water.

Source link for the rest of the article

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Excellent thread, MM. Starred and flagged.

Pickens has some great ideas, and I respect his opinions. Using wind for electricity frees up natural gas for use in automobiles, and keeps $300 billion per year in the US. And the infrastructure needed is available and tested. And this can be done in a relatively short period of time.

He didn't even include nuclear power because they take a long time to come on line. But wind and ng, along with hydrogen, are the paths to cleaner fuels for the world, imo.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I grew up in TX and as long as I can remember, Pickens was labeled as a shrewd business man.

What he's not telling you in that video on his plan site, is that he's buying up water rights down there.

Pickins buys water rights

Now, he's pushing this whole windmill thing because he's looking for investors and wants to cash in on the deal. He's not being Mr. Nice, he's looking to get even more wealthy.

This is just more beating around the bush, avoiding free energy research and development.

I'm not totally against wind power. I wish we had a windmill attached to the house just for personal use. But they require a lot of batteries and cost more than we can afford to spend. There are many windmills where I live now, and one even runs the local ski hill. But wow does it ever ruin the landscape. It's more of an eyesore out in the country than power lines.

However, when you see thousands of windmills out there, it ruins the landscape. And windmills aren't cheap. They won't last forever and there might be some problems in future. The consumer will end up paying for it all while businessmen pocket the money. Then eventually you'll get to say that you're paying for air.

Also, look at where he's wanting to put it all. Now compare that with the NASCO highway map plans. I am guessing they will have windmills all along that highway.

They want to put in a huge windmill farm around Pampa, TX? That place almost got leveled a few years back from a mile wide tornado. What's going to happen with those windmills if another mile wide tornado strikes? I'm afraid to find out. No one is talking about tornado resistance. What happens if one of those blades gets torn off and goes flying about?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

I see no problem at all with Pickens making money from his ideas. That's the American way, after all.

So the windmills ruin the landscape? Oh, boo-hoo! I personally think that an well-designed engineering marvel is much more attractive than a bland hillside or a bunch of sheep. It shows what the human spirit is capable of.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
online rally

action.pickensplan.com...

www.youtube.com...

teslaandlyne (4 minutes ago)
Tesla and Dr Moray electric generators might help and Stan Meyer fast
hydrogen generators look promising. Wind and Sun are weak.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

The largest transfer of wealth in the history of mankind? Well... that would be until last week, when American taxpayers handed over $700bn dollars and more to a private corporation, the Federal Reserve, for the stability of the economy, and particularly the stock market.

new topics

top topics

join