It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American bluff revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Earlier this week Iran showed off missiles capable of travelling 2000 km. This shows that the missle shield planned in Poland is unnessesary, as it is more than 2000 km there, says russian foreign minister Sergej Lavrov. This may show that all USA is doing is rearmament close to the russian border. USA says they want the shield there to protect poland and its allies from "bandit states"

[From testshooting in Iran]

USA says the danger of rocket attacks from countries like Iran and North Korea makes a threat to USA and Europe American authorities will by 2012 place a radarsystem in the Czech Republic and rockets in Poland.

[The map shows the range of the rockets Iran has fired (2000 km)]

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Daniem]

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Daniem]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You think that is it - that they are not going to keep extending the range every few years until they have true ICBMs?
And when they can they will switch from conventional or biological to nuclear warheads.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think the whole thing is stupid and both sides are wearing the dunce caps. I'm not really convinced that land-based ABMs in Poland would be the best way to deal with present and future missile threats from "rogue states" and seriously wonder why this administration is pushing for this so hard. I think a sea-based system would be a more realistic option if Iran and N Korea get button-happy. Having said that, the Russian hysterics over this proposed ABM system is way over the top. I can understand them not being happy with the US setting up shop in former Warsaw Pact countries but does anyone think that such a limited deployment would negate the Russian arsenal?? Russia can claim the recent Iranian tests mean something in this argument but that implies Iranian or other "rogue states" will never advance in their ballistic missile development...which is more stupidity.

IMO is this just childish post-Cold War behavior from both sides.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think that in these modern times of histrionics, we can take the term wartheatre to have two meanings, one being the actual geographic location of military activity, the other the theatrics these parasites do to try and get peacefull populations to go to war with each other.

F'em.

top topics

join