It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human and ghost symbiosis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have just moved into my grandmother’s house, an old 3 story farmhouse that has been lived in before by at least 4 other families. Now I have never had a paranormal even happen to me that could only be explained as being of paranormal origin. In my grandmother’s house, I sometimes hear footsteps, and things being moved, or falling, that do not physically fall. The first night I was there, I heard a pencil fall and roll across the floor, and of course, there was no pencil. Other things like this have been happening, like footsteps that sound as if they are being made on a hardwood floor rather than out carpeted floors. Also one night After I woke up at 3am I looked at a door in the room, and it opened a good 3 feet.

Now, these sounds all behave as if they are actually sound waves, and not projected into my head (as If I could tell a difference). But I have noticed that these sounds seem to not fit current time. The footsteps happening on wooden floors for example. So I wonder, if these "ghosts" are some kind of memory of sound, that is being replayed in the house by some connective consciousness.

Is this understandable? Can these be explained as some memory being re-played by our collective or greater consciousness forsaking the construct of time?

thanks guys

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think I get you- maybe these are sounds form past experiences in the house. Is that what you are thinking? I think it is called "imprint". There is the theory that homes hold trace memories of past inhabitants. Maybe that is really what ghosts are. There is no reason you cannot live in a simbiotic state if you are not being harmed.

spelling edit

[edit on 11-7-2008 by raven bombshell]

join