It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clean Air Causes Global Warming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Occasionally the Masonic Overlords allow me to visit other forums in their ruthless quest to oppress humanity.

To your post; it took me all of 20 seconds on Google to locate this information which-while I thought I read previously but was uncertain of the details-is one of the reasons why I find the entire Global Warming Hysteria/Religion to be so alarming. Many people will not even attempt to research or verify their opinions or 'facts' that may be presented to them and which they then proceed to repeat to others creating a chain of ignorance.

As a further note, if there were indeed a rise in oceanic temperatures it would curtail stronger hurricane formation as temperatures would be more uniform and hurricane intensity would not be as severe.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Two Points:

When I was in school the biggest concern was the Ozone layer. I saw numerous videos on how the Ozone layer at the poles was increasing at a alarming rate. Where is the scary Ozone layer at now considering the NEW crises of Global Warming???

Another poster mentioned CO2. This gas is essential for plant life. Not only that, but if CO2 was the main culprit in Global Warming than there should be plenty of food for every person on this earth since plants (including FOOD) would be the most plentiful it has ever been in my lifetime.

PS. Famine in Africa doesn't seem such news to me since, again, when I was a kid this was a major problem. Africa has always had a famine since the early 80's from what I remember. So where was all the hoopla then??? If you can show me that the Ozone layer has a bigger hole now than in the 80's than I might believe in global warming. But, from other threads in this great forum I seem to remember that the Ozone layer has actually shrunk..........Seems to me Someone is trying to get rich..........

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Two Points:

When I was in school the biggest concern was the Ozone layer. I saw numerous videos on how the Ozone layer at the poles was increasing at a alarming rate. Where is the scary Ozone layer at now considering the NEW crises of Global Warming???

Good lord, I remember this too, damn I am getting old. Hoochy, ozone is so last season, get with the trends, Global Warming is the new chic.

PS. Famine in Africa doesn't seem such news to me since, again, when I was a kid this was a major problem. Africa has always had a famine since the early 80's from what I remember.

What did that great prophet Sam Kinison once say about deserts and sand...........?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

What did that great prophet Sam Kinison once say about deserts and sand...........?

If memory serves, it went something like:

"You know what this is? SAND! You know what it'll be in 100 years? SAND! MOVE TO WHERE THE FOOD IS! AAAHHHHHH!"

Edited for offensive language, of course.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who remembers him!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Maybe Sam was talking about Egypt???

Africa has the most diverse species of wildlife on the planet yet for some reason Africans cant seem to grow any food??? I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the British dumbing down of the population for all those years..........

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
CO2 does not cause cancer.

Yes it does, did you know that cigarettes emit CO2? Did you know cigarettes cause lung cancer? Cancer is caused by the intrusion of contaminants into the body. CO2 can most definitely cause lung cancer! How dare you say it doesn't.

CO2 is clear and tasteless and odorless.

OH REALLY?

Carbon dioxide is a colorless, odorless gas. When inhaled at concentrations much higher than usual atmospheric levels, it can produce a sour taste in the mouth and a stinging sensation in the nose and throat. These effects result from the gas dissolving in the mucous membranes and saliva, forming a weak solution of carbonic acid.

en.wikipedia.org...

CO2 does not contribute to acid rain.

ANOTHER LIE!!!

The principal cause of acid rain is sulfur and nitrogen compounds from human sources, such as electricity generation, factories and motor vehicles.

"Clean" or unpolluted rain is slightly acidic, its pH being about 5.6, because carbon dioxide and water in the air react together to form carbonic acid, a weak acid.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

CO2 making the seas more acidic.
www.truthout.org...

You know what happens when the seas are more acidic? The water evaporated from it is more acidic.

None of these are even proposed to be facts by anyone except you.

I want to put you on my foe list, but then it will say "respected" foe, and I don't respect liars.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Page 2 makes for some interesting reading!

You're failing to look at this as an energy system. The Earth can't heat more than the energy put into it (by the Sun).

The numbers don't mean anything; they're purely for illustration.

It's the middle of the day in the middle of Summer, and the sky is clear.

Sun -> Earth = 100.

It's now the middle of the night. Based on the premise of CO2 trapping heat, we get:

Earth -> Radiative Heat outwards = 94
Earth -> Radiative Heat inwards = 6

So the effect is actually very small indeed. It has the effect of keeping night time temperatures slightly higher (not forgetting of course the atmosphere itself, that is warm and radiating heat energy back towards the planet, which is why it isn't -200° at night!).

Another point that isn't mentioned is how LONG that heat is trapped for.

Of the '6' heat that is reflected back at Earth, some of it will again be re-radiated back out. Our 6 becomes a 1. Of that 1, 0.1 is reflected back at Earth. etc...

Obviously the Earth is constantly cooling over this period, until the Sun rises again.

It's yet another major point that is overlooked. The heat reflected back isn't constant, and its effects aren't permanent (e.g. it won't be +1° warmer all night as a result of CO2 - it will cool eventually). Just what is the actual figure for this???

Here are some other details to consider:

Clear skies: hot during the day, cold at night
Cloudy skies: warm during the day, warm at night.

Tonight they're going for 3° or 4°C in Scotland! It's the middle of July!!! I don't see much warming due to CO2 there. How do you explain that? Every day now the Sun is slightly lower in the sky the the day before.

Explanations please.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Uh...

Have you lost your mind?

"The more solar activity.. the cooler the earth gets"

I need 10,000 words to deal with this kind of logic... so the following is it.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

OooooKaaaaay...

Glad you got it all figured out.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wow, allisone.

To quote your favorite source, Wiki:

Smoke contains several carcinogenic pyrolysis products, particularly the polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), which are toxicated to mutagenic epoxides. The first PAH to be identified as a carcinogen in tobacco smoke was benzopyrene, which been shown to toxicate into a diol epoxide and then permanently attach to nuclear DNA, which may either kill the cell or cause a genetic mutation. If the mutation inhibits programmed cell death, the cell can survive to become a cancer cell

Just because cigarette smoke may contain CO2, that does not mean that the CO2 is causing the cancer.

As for the CO2 causing acid rain, your own argument actually argues against yourself. Your quote calls it "clean" or unpolluted rain, meaning that it is slightly acidic and that rain must contain at least this level of acidity, because of course, this planet needs CO2 to survive. And someone else already stated that cars emit sulfur oxides, the culprit of real acid rain.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by AHostileMe]

Edited again to add something to go in line with the original post. Sorry, don't want to look like a troll here, picking fights. The original post is quite an interesting thought, something I would not have thought of in a million years. Can't wait to use this one on my mother-in-law. She likes to preach global warming sermons to my children. I have to undo some of her preaching, but it's tough. I'm the boring ol' daddy, she's the spoiling grandmother.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by AHostileMe]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You guys need to stop living in your world of separation and start living in a world of sub-atomic particles that create this entire universe as a whole.

Excessive amounts of CO2 can kill a human. Excessive amounts of any foreign substance in your lungs will give you lung cancer. You must think on the atomic scale.

Once you reach my level of understanding then maybe you would never argue with me, until then, you all will just die slowly and I will watch.

This thread itself is a joke, Clean air causes global warming, holy crap when did the devil write this crazy thread?

You have to be a complete fool to think this is true.

Even a 5 year old child will tell you that when you don't have an atmosphere, like the moon.... in the light is extreme hot, BUT, in the night is extreme cold. It's basically the same thing with clear skies. Get a clue.

also... enjoy this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-7-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
When you people see the world like me, instead of relying on other people to tell you what is true or false, and instead of following the status quo, when you actually learn something about the atomic universe. You will feel what I feel, see what I see, and hear what I hear, and scream what I scream.

You will see the chemicals in your food that don't belong in your body. You will see the chemicals in your water, and the dirt and rust in the inside of your water pipes along with off balanced pH acid levels causing galvanic reactions, and the plant and tree roots growing in your water pipes being fed to kids at school though germ infested water fountains. When you see the chemicals in the air, and the germs and bacteria on all the objects you touch. You will see the harmful electromagnetic waves from your electronic devices, and from not so advanced technology You will see the human and animal feces in your oceans, and man made chemicals that are soaked into your plants and fruits and vegetables. Then you will sit back and wonder why anyone can let this happen, and then you get your answer from a forum full of people who are blind.

You wait for someone to agree that it is true, then by the time that happens it is too late.

You are a follower trying to follow who you think is the smartest most trust worthy. Well news flash, the smartest people are not the most trust worthy, they are actually the most un-trust worthy because they are smart enough to take advantage of someone who knows nothing about the world, and who sits back to wait for some "evidence". You expect "evidence" from people who don't even fully understand the world, but understand it better than you.

You are looking for answers from others, instead of getting them yourself.

When you are in my position, you will see how hard it is to explain the unexplainable. Have you ever tried to explain something that nobody knows about? Nothing to "link" to. No resources from a leader...

When you are a leader, do you know how hard it is to show evidence? Nobody to quote, nobody to point to, just followers that understand or don't understand. It's tragic.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
You guys need to stop living in your world of separation and start living in a world of sub-atomic particles that create this entire universe as a whole.

I tell you what, you shrink me down to the size of a subatomic particle and I'll start living in that world

Excessive amounts of CO2 can kill a human.

Too much O2 can also kill you btw

Excessive amounts of any foreign substance in your lungs will give you lung cancer.

Really? Here I thought it was only carcinogens that did that. Btw if you suck in too much CO2 you will not get lung cancer; you will suffocate

You must think on the atomic scale.

Says the guy that thinks CO2 causes cancer and acid rain

Once you reach my level of understanding then maybe you would never argue with me,

Your level of understanding? You mean paranoid, delusional, germaphobic, chemophobic..etc.. We would never argue with you then? We would all become bubble boys and never see the light of day?

until then, you all will just die slowly and I will watch.

You know they say stress is the number 1 killer, so it could possibly be the other way around.
Oh yeah and you are free to enter reality whenever you choose.

This thread itself is a joke,

Apparently you didn't get it

holy crap when did the devil write this crazy thread?

Well I guess the devil figured all of this talk from the doomsayers on earth saying that the earth's temperature is gonna rise a million degrees, that he might as well pick up some more real estate

You have to be a complete fool to think this is true.

It's funny you say this and then go on to say:

Even a 5 year old child will tell you that when you don't have an atmosphere, like the moon.... in the light is extreme hot, BUT, in the night is extreme cold. It's basically the same thing with clear skies. Get a clue.

So which is it? Is it premise of the OP true or false? Perhaps we need more 5 year old children posting on this forum

also... enjoy this thread:

I did not enjoy it. And also the other posts in this thread you discredit yourself. Before using external sources to back up your claims, perhaps you should read them first because each one of them have condradicted your claims...Oooops

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Hand Luke

Go read a science book. You don't even understand that you are a floating collection of sub-atomic particles. And that will be what ends you.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I am more than aware that fact but you said to achieve your level of enlightenment, we had to live in the sub atomic world. I made a joke. Granted it wasn't a good joke. But then again it seems you have no sense of humor

And that will be what ends you

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Cool Hand Luke]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Allisone,
I wouldn't recommend anyone get any where near your level of understanding. Zelots are usualy to blind to see any other so called truth other than they're own. Your so far above us that you have run out of oxygen and are killing your brain!!! Your science is JUNK and your findings greatly flawed!!!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Really? Because I don't see you actually proving me wrong.

I know 0ne simple Universal law of science. EVERYTHING IS ELECTROMAGNETIC.

That means, air is electromagnets, water is electromagnet, dirt is electromagnet, fire is electromagnetic, CO2 is electromagnetic, and also, YOU are electromagnetic, LIGHT (photons) are electromagnetic. All of it is a collection of particles, and I know for a fact that ALL particles are connected because all of those things are touching each other, and according to the laws of electromagnetism, that would mean we are all 0NE OBJECT.

Prove that wrong, oh you can't...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Lets see you pick up Water with a magnet..thats electrified???? Lets see you pick up AIR with a magnet???? Lets see you pick up Non ferros DIRT with a magnet??. I don't know where you got your degree in scientific data but I'm willing to bet it was a mail order cracker jacks box. You have absolutely no grasp of scientific theory or its paramiters. If anyone needs to go back to school its you!!!!

Zindo
PS on a molecular level very little is magnetic!

[edit on 7/15/2008 by ZindoDoone]

(Mod edit, please refrain from name calling)
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by asala]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Lets see you pick up Water with a magnet..thats electrified????

I can comb my hair with a plastic comb really fast, put it next to a stream of water and the water will bend towards the plastic comb. Static electrically picking up water! Wow you can even find videos of it on YouTube.

ELECTRONS (electromagnetic) collect on the plastic comb, and it can pick up water. I even made a thread about it!

Lets see you pick up AIR with a magnet????

Those "air purifiers" or "ionic breeze" that you put in your home, they electrically "pick up air" by static electrically charging the metal plates that are in there. Actually there are "anti-gravity" devices that lift up by "ionizing the air".

Lets see you pick up Non ferros DIRT with a magnet??.

Because you have no clue what you are talking about, let me explain something. Even though ALL DIRT IS ELECTROMAGNETIC, some of their atoms are arranged in such a way that it will always be "attracting" and "repelling" equally making it really hard to pick up with a normal magnet. BUT, it is still possible to do that with static electricity! But you would need a lot. Just like SALT, and SUGAR, they are "non-magnetic" but I can move them with static electricity!

I don't know where you got your degree in scientific data but I'm willing to bet it was a mail order cracker jacks box. You have absolutely no grasp of scientific theory or its parameters. If anyone needs to go back to school its you!!!! What a fool!!!

Zindo
PS on a molecular level very little is magnetic!

Zindo, you have no clue what you are talking about, and you call ME a fool. I think you need to learn something about quantum physics, also, seriously EVERYTHING IS ELECTROMAGNETIC!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Excessive amounts of CO2 can kill a human. Excessive amounts of any foreign substance in your lungs will give you lung cancer. You must think on the atomic scale.

But are these cancer-causing excessively high levels of CO2 possible without other more deadly problems-e.g. asphixiation-arising first?

Once you reach my level of understanding then maybe you would never argue with me, until then, you all will just die slowly and I will watch.

That is a rather condescending posture to take; How do you know that other posters on this forum are not fluent in Quantum/Particle Physics?

[edit on 15-7-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join