It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clean Air Causes Global Warming

page: 1....the
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Clean Air Causes Global Warming

newsbusters.org

GOODBYE air pollution and smoky chimneys, hello brighter days. That's been the trend in Europe for the past three decades - but unfortunately cleaning up the skies has allowed more of the sun's rays to pierce the atmosphere, contributing to at least half the warming that has occurred.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I mean, what can I say?
This is just another nail in the coffin for the Global Warming theorists. Let's face it, scientists have no idea what they are doing regarding this issue.

Once scientists said that humans exhale a pollutant (CO2), I knew they were clueless but now clean air seems to also cause global warming. This is just laughable if it were not so serious because politicians are trying to tax the population on a unproven theory.

newsbusters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was waiting for something like this.

Whatever happens, IT WILL AFFECT THE CLIMATE! Clear skies are a bad thing - it lets more energy in so things can warm up. At least the clouds keep the temperature down due to "global dimming".

Don't you just love the way these people pick and choose their facts?

CO2 is NOT a pollutant! WTF are they on about? I suppose O2 is a pollutant, too??

I've written this lot off as junk. The whole 9 yards.

YES clean up pollution and stop polluting rivers etc.. that kill things and make people ill, but to start isolating one or two gases that are a fundamental part of life on earth, that's just stupid!

There wa sa photo of foaming rivers in India printed in a newspaper here in the UK a few months ago - now THAT is FAR more serious than a bit of CO2.

If it kills here and now, that is dangerous, but a bit of CO2 etc.. that causes a bit of warming doesn't kill, so IMHO it is right down at item number 10,000 on the list of things to fix.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
There is a new book out which tackles stuff like this, I believe it's called

More sex is Safer Sex.

It actually shows how abstinence causes more STDs when seen from a collective perspective.

The one thing Humans have no idea about is the consequences to their actions. Now some on the right will argue that this should mean we would be better off taking no action at all, but that in itself means "Let's keep taking the actions we currently are".

Anyway, I think to assume that a rag tag band of monkeys (us) can do *anything* on a global scale is a fools game.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There's a similar article here as well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess the 'carbon-tax' folks don't pay attention to such findings as these...

there's no money in it for them.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

O2 causes rust, rust causes...... rust causes.......umm.......global climate warming changes.....um...guess I'm not a scientist. I have to run out now and buy come rust credits..hey I just found out how to get rich..."RUST CREDITS" from a new NWO!!!!! It could work!!!!!

zindo

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If we have clear skys we have global warming, if we have dense clouds we have global warming... you know why? Because we orbit a great big huge ball of warmth (nuclear or electric, dosen't matter, thats another thread). Climate changes, it's a long term fractal cycle, and everyone needs to get used to it, it is not the climates fault that human beings are dumbasses and tend to build their biggest shiniest cities at sea level. There is no cure for climate change, regardless of what we do, and nobody, let me say that in bold, italic and caps, NOBODY should be paying for it.

Pollution is a whole other problem, but CO2 is not pollution. And pollution is a largely corporate problem which points us squarely to the source of all these problems, our sociopathic elites.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is precious. This combined with the recent case of diagnosing children with "climate change alarmism" as a disease....man, the eco-facists have really screwed themselves over this time.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

To quote Joe Jackson:

"Everything causes cancer ... and you! don't touch that piano."

So in my lifetime global cooling didn't work well enough to cause humanity to be in perpetual panic, and now global warming is being dealt with for the bad science behind the myth, so now let's trot out something else to cause people to panic -- and maybe there is a way for government to tax someone for something out of it -- like breathing.

[edit on 11/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
reply to post by WhatTheory

So in my lifetime global cooling didn't work well enough to cause humanity to be in perpetual panic, and now global warming is being dealt with for the bad science behind the myth, so now let's trot out something else to cause people to panic -- and maybe there is a way for government to tax someone for something out of it -- like breathing.

[edit on 11/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

Hush! Don't give them ideas!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Really nature is doing its thing..and we are a part of nature so its only natural...When will people stop thinking our measly little CO2 emissions is going to change anything...stop farming livestock, that will cut down global warming far better than if every single country in the world stopped releasing CO2....

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wow, the standards of ATSNN sure have plummeted. Blog spam as news. Wow. just wow. SO should just rename it ATSDigg.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Wow, the standards of ATSNN sure have plummeted. Blog spam as news. Wow. just wow. SO should just rename it ATSDigg.

I think you should say the standards of posters because if you would have actually read the link, you would have noticed that he was refering to this article:

Sou rce

He quoted directly from it and actually had a link to the source.
So please before you start making retarded comments please read the links provided before you criticize.

Perhaps I am being to hard on you because maybe your comprehension skills are not that great.

WOW, just WOW!

[edit on 11-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'll be concerned about blogspam as news once we clear up all the left-wing political hack propaganda websites that make up 90% the sources for most threads here. Funny, I don't see you complaining about huffingtonpost, dailykos, alternet, crooksandliars, or any of the other know propaganda outlits that are cited here daily. Fix that, then we can move on to blogs.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes and theres scientific proof that theres more ice than there has ever been in the last 100 years
global warming is another money making scheme

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
we should have a big feet tax..cough let me explain...big feet need big socks and shoes which use up more resources and take longer to make...washing them uses more water than small feet...big feet cover more ground when walking so wear the pavement out faster than smaller feet...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

Someone else that remembers the 1970's, when we were heading into an ice age. Someone want to tell me WTF happened between then and now?? We were freezing, now we are burning up!

I read that they were worried about Global Warming from the fires in California. Now, if they were caused by a thunderstorm, are they going to outlaw lightning???

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
we should have a big feet tax..cough let me explain...big feet need big socks and shoes which use up more resources and take longer to make...washing them uses more water than small feet...big feet cover more ground when walking so wear the pavement out faster than smaller feet...

Laugh, they said that hybrid cars actually are worse for Global Warming because they take up more energy to produce than what they actually save!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
THIS IS NOT BREAKING NEWS

ahem

Old topic Global Dimming is a well known fact and has been used in many of the data and meta models for climate change projections.

To use this factor that pollution blocks out some UV to allow pollution to continue is well... naive maybe, closed minded, external locus of control I postulate.

Global warming is real and happening now.

Wake up by the hour things get really bad!

The first year on record that we have no Ice for The North Pole a huge probability

this week as every week another major global warming event!

hourly now, Reported first just 4 hours ago

Antartic Ice Breaking Up in Dead of Winter!

Now this is the Antartic! if that melts the seas rise , this one thing just found out today totally negates all the "conservative" climate models,

Really Guys its not a political point its everyones earth!

Regards

Elf

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
CO2 is NOT a pollutant! WTF are they on about? I suppose O2 is a pollutant, too??

Actually, O2 is a corrosive, but don't tell any enviro-wackos... they'll try to outlaw it.

I'm loving all the new info that's coming out to debunk the GW bunk. The only thing I worry about is whether or not enough people went along with the idiots to give them enough of a head start to actually tax breathing (which is the ultimate purpose of GW).

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join