It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State USA: Spying as Law of The Land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Another must-read from Global Research.

Anybody here who has not seen the movie "V for Vendetta", I highly recommend doing so. We are literally seeing this movie come to life (minus the "terrorist" who takes on the totalitarian / tyrannical gov) here in this nation, as well as the UK. The gov, through FEAR, is obtaining unheard of power and surveillance against the populace, and through this same campaign of FEAR, is eroding the last semblance of constitutionality and civil liberties. It has spun completely out of control, with no end in sight. Fascist TOTALITARIANISM is upon us all.

On July 9, 2008, the US Congress overwhelmingly passed legislation permitting government spying, including immunity to telecommunications companies involved in secret domestic surveillance programs. With the stroke of George W. Bush’s pen, the US is now a police state by definition.

The extent of the spying program, and its larger implications, have been revealed by Mark Klein, who blew the whistle on secret domestic spying program of Bush/Cheney’s National Security Agency (NSA) and AT&T:

AT&T whistleblower: spy bill creates infrastructure for police state

The update of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, called the "FISA compromise", or more appropriately, the "spy bill", largely completes the triumph of the Bush/Cheney administration and a bipartisan criminal consensus. By convenient design, the FISA revision derails pending law suits filed against the Bush administration’s corporate spying partners (AT&T, Sprint Nextel, and Verizon), silences (the largely empty-to-begin-with) congressional investigations into Bush administration’s illegal domestic spying program. Presidential nominee Barack Obama and the Democrats have now moved to silence all discussion about the issue.

Full Article:

www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 11-7-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
We may be well and truly doomed DD. We see so much of this coming down the road that it appears to not even raise any feathers anymore. This administation has us so consumed with the price of oil, the mortgage debacle, bank failures and dropping stock markets that no one pays attention to the real issues at hand. Have a star and flag for this.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Doesn't this only apply to international calls and not domestic local calls?
I am going to have to go read the bill and not rely on other people interpretations.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
DD, V for Vendetta is one of my favorite movies. I have to say that it will take a movement like that to change the way our gov't is acting. It has been till now that I have noticed what a police state the UK is in. How much longer until we are in the same situation? Are we going to allow it? We have already allowed our president and congress to tear up the constitution and burn it. When is enough- enough?

And referring to the movie...who will be V? I think that we are definitely lacking that figure in the soon to be American Revolution!

[edit on 11-7-2008 by goopity]

new topics

top topics

join