It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge Ruling: George W. Bush is a Felon

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Originally posted by mind is the universe
I said America is brainwashed. I mean it was very clear in my paragraph what I talked about.

No America is NOT brainwashed. Maybe mis informed, denied information, told half truths, but they aren't brainwashed.

But That is exactly how you brainwash people....

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Starred

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

No America is NOT brainwashed. Maybe mis informed, denied information, told half truths, but they aren't brainwashed.

Misinformation is the key to brainwashing. It's done through half truths because they are far more potent than a flat out lie. Half truths are half credible... which means they are harder to detect as a lie.
Which is why they are used to brainwash... if you can't detect the lie, you won't bother to think for yourself.

Denial of information, well thats just standard propaganda.

Yes, the US is brainwashed. If you step back from the screen long enough, you begin to notice how obvious the mental games are in the media. But only after you've spent a good deal of time away from TV.

And it becomes all too clear when you access multiple sources from around the world, and compare. The US sources either omit key news broadcasts, manipulate it to sound like something totally different, or add portions that simply didn't happen. (If you call them on it, they claim it was an accident. But it's too late, the message has been delivered.)

Tell me. Whats the first thing you think of when you see a Muslim in traditional garment?
Do you think, I wonder if he could be a terrorist?
If that crosses your mind, thats an indicator right there of brainwashing.

YOU didn't see a Muslim man carrying out a terrorist act. So it's not a natural response. The Media made caused you to think like that.
In reality, you could take 100,000 Muslims at random, and the chances of one of them being a terrorist is still near nil. So rationally, it doesn't make a lick of sense to even bother pondering it.

Of course thats a very basic form of it. But most people have been conditioned to think this way. It was intentional, make no mistake about it. And there are hundreds of examples in the media of this same technique. There are a few that are a little more elaborate, but why stray from techniques that have been proven to work?

Essentially, it was this form of brainwashing that allowed enough support from the people for the government to wage war in the middle east.
Prior to the brainwashing, a war in the middle east would simply have not been possible, the people would have stood against it.

Even after the planes had hit the trade centers, nobody thought like this. It was only after constant bombardment of negative Muslim press that people became brainwashed. Constant bombardment of bias information combined with repetitive shock (repeating the image of the towers falling) is key in any brainwashing.

Even though most of the news briefs regarding Muslims has since been proven bogus, we still can't shake the overall message that the media was delivering... Muslim = bad.

... of those hijackers, how many turned out to still be alive?
... how many WMD's did we find in Iraq?
... Do we have a shred of evidence that shows Iran has nuclear weapons?

Most of the hijackers weren't actually the hijackers, yet we still hold those names in bad taste.
We found no WMD's in Iraq... but we were damn sure they were there.
We have NO evidence of Iranian nuclear weapons. But we assume they have them.

See? Isn't it obvious? These impressions are implanted intentionally.

The whole key to avoiding brainwashing is to question all sources of information. If you take the time to demand evidence before buying into the message, the message becomes just that... someone elses assumption.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
If you would bother to read the Constitution, you would see that judges can't decree anyone a felon without a proper trial. You would also note that Presidents can't be tried in courts, they can only be impeached and tried in the Senate.

Wrong...You read the Constitution. While you're right that the court can't decree that anyone is a felon before being convicted by Lawful Trial, you're wrong about everything else. But you have to admit that according to the preponderance of evidence from Mainstream & Alternative news sources, announcements of wrongdoing from other nations & the number of "whistleblowers" who were first-hand witnesses, that the judge has a pretty good case-file already built up...

Congressional trials for Impeachment can impose only one penalty in the case of a conviction: Removal from Office & automatic disqualification from holding any other Government Office or Office of Trust. But the Constitution also provides that a result of Impeachment also calls for a mandatory indictment in court and, if convicted, face the Lawful penalties imposed for such.

Here are the relevant Clauses from the Constitution:

Article 1, Section 2, Clause 5:
The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

This means that the House has the sole Power for Removal from Office (ie: Impeachment).

Article 1, Section 3, Clause 6:
The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

In practical usage, it's the House that formulates the case & then sends the case to the Senate for the actual Trial for Impeachment. While the Senate actually conducts the trial, the Chief Justice presides over the trial, as the representative of the Judiciary Branch & determines the sentencing in the case of conviction...The only sentence Congress can impose upon conviction is the actual Removal from Office.
Note also that a full Senatorial Quorum need not be present...Only a simple two-thirds majority of Senators present.

Article 1, Section 3, Clause 7:
Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

Since the Senate can only impose Removal from Office & Disqualification from any other Office of Trust, the offender convicted by Congress shall be subject to indictment, trial, judgment & punishment by the Supreme Court.

To understand how this works, you should also understand the actual definition of Impeachment:

Impeachment
Impeachment, in the U.S. and Great Britain, proceeding by a legislature for the removal from office of a public official charged with misconduct in office. Impeachment comprises both the act of formulating the accusation and the resulting trial of the charges; it is frequently but erroneously taken to mean only the removal from office of an accused public official. An impeachment trial may result in either an acquittal or in a verdict of guilty. In the latter case the impeached official is removed from office; if the charges warrant such action, the official is also remanded to the proper authorities for trial before a court.
Source: Funk & Wagnall's Encyclopedia

Still, the functional definition of Impeachment & the explanation of the Impeachment process is clearly described in the main text of the Constitution.

Pelosi's continuing efforts to keep "impeachment off the table" would constitute a "crime of complicity" simply by not adhering to the Constitutional procedure for Impeachment & get her subjected to impeachment as well...

[edit on 17-7-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

Wrong! So many countries are becoming like America!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
just wanted to add a few clarifications for a few previous posters:

in Ireland it was the Prodestants who committed the terror attacks

In the USA Christian groups have bombed and burned down family planning clinics

In England Extreamist PETA members allegedly murdered cant remember the name and also desecrated this persons grave

i think in the 70's or early 80's the french government themselves used terrorist methods to blow up a greenpeace ship in New Zealand

In Australia a Croatian national detonated an explosive device outside the Hilton in Sydney in the name of Autonomy for his country or some crap like that

none of these people were muslims.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Starred!

Excellent well said. Mr Sky, you consistently impress me.

I have found it amusing how little context we are expected to have when dealt these half-truths of which you speak. My greatest fear is the subtle and utter destruction of our true history by dilution. I suppose that is how myths are born.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Jonsky. What great post. I really appreciate your insights and its very well said.

You've nailed it. People don't realise it fully until they actually look at the world with their own eyes. You become aware when you put your senses back into the world. People are absorbed by T.V and media, that people forget what reality is. They lose their awareness and the world around them.

P.S The media in Europe is now trying to become the next America. The European governments are trying to take more power from the people, through common laws. I can see it already with my own eyes. They are already trying to make English the main language. Millions of kids throughout Europe come To England and Ireland to learn English fluently every year. All taxes become the same. T.V and media has greater power, Media is now dominating Europe as it does in America. under the one langauge to a popluation now worth about 550,000,000 it will further detriorate. its becoming the united dumb Europe. The Governmnets of Europe is becoming a dictatorship. The Lisbon treaty is an example. People do not see how the government's are trying to control us.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Misinformation is the key to brainwashing. It's done through half truths because they are far more potent than a flat out lie. Half truths are half credible... which means they are harder to detect as a lie.
Which is why they are used to brainwash... if you can't detect the lie, you won't bother to think for yourself.

Denial of information, well thats just standard propaganda.

Yes, the US is brainwashed. If you step back from the screen long enough, you begin to notice how obvious the mental games are in the media. But only after you've spent a good deal of time away from TV.

And it becomes all too clear when you access multiple sources from around the world, and compare. The US sources either omit key news broadcasts, manipulate it to sound like something totally different, or add portions that simply didn't happen. (If you call them on it, they claim it was an accident. But it's too late, the message has been delivered.)

The whole key to avoiding brainwashing is to question all sources of information. If you take the time to demand evidence before buying into the message, the message becomes just that... someone elses assumption.

You aren't giving Americans much credit are you son.

The Fact is almost ALL Americans KNOW are MSM is Bullcrap moreover it is why we swept in all those democrats that stabbed us in the back when we thought they would do the right thing. They didn't either so we have another election comming up but I can tell you this smart guy.

You think the average American gets their news from the friggin TV! Get REAL! Most news agencies are besides themselves in a quandry because we don't trust them anymore and don't read the news papers or watch their baloney on TV.

We are NOT Brainwashed and if anyone knows what Bullcrap is, WE INVENTED IT! So many of us know it when we see it and don't need the enlightened hijinks of pipsqueek anti American naysayers to "school" us on the epiphany we are brainwashed.

America is down but she sure as hell ain't out and we have been here before but the American Renaissance is far from over pal and Americans are STILL Americans.

That means we will rise to ANY occasion, it is people like you who under estimate us that get the biggest surprise when they find out we ain't as stupid AS YOUR POST,

IS IGNORANT

- Con

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Just exactly right. We aren't fooled one bit. The ones who seem to be fooled are the ones who keep screaming that the sky is falling and we're too stupid to understand!!
Zindo

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It is brainwashed. Not trying sound harsh, but when your brainwashed and not aware of it, of course people are going to say they're not.

Most of the western world is constantly bombarded with the media hype. America suffers more from it. The truth is the behaviour is very obvious, especially in your country. I can see it happening in Europe now. They want to make the united states of Europe now and turn into a dumb single nation.

I was talking to a friend of mine on the phone (shes an intelligent America women) But she is brainwashed too. We had a talk on something that was of outside U.S discussion. Its was lunacy with the nonsense she was coming out with. I just ignored it, because there is no point trying to reason with delusion. Seriously she was rambling about these terrorists, that didn't even make a pile of sense. trust me its all hear-say crapology that is spun in and out daily over there. She had told msomethings that gave me some hope for America though bear in mind. She is a republican, but now she is really angry over the Bush admin. But I know she is brainwashed, because she fears the outside world still, which is all media and government doing. Creating and provoking fear in you. I talked to an American, I can make my own mind up, and take both sides of the story.

People here are not bashing America, but the fact of the matter is, it is totally brainwashed and comes with that is ignorance and arrogance. We had to put up with thise behaviour for the last 50 years. The leaders and governments are not stupid, and are responsible for the deception and brainwashing in your own country. They have tricked their own people to go into a war (which was all based on lies) Can you tell me the people didn't fall for it? Bush in twice, they fell for that. They fell for Iraq and 9/11. People believed everything the Bush Administration said. Look at the mess now. Now Iran is the next target, will the American people fall into the same pattern of backing the government for another full backed war(on half truths and bull0 Look at the responses that we get from you even today lol.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It is brainwashed. Not trying sound harsh, but when your brainwashed and not aware of it, of course people are going to say they're not.

No you don't sound harsh, you sound indoctrinated that all Americans are brainwashed and you got your damn brainwashed effing mind made up about it I sure can't change that and confuse you even more with the facts.

I mean after all YOU spoke to an American and she was a republican!
This is why they are turning europe into (whats the words you used?) Oh yeah "One Dumb Single Nation" just like the one dumb single nation America huh! Next dumb thing they'll do is start sayin it's one dumb single nation UNDER GOD!

And you are right because you are a human behaviorist and we show all the signs of a brainwashed zombie because we don't agree with you.

But I know she is brainwashed, because she fears the outside world still, which is all media and government doing. Creating and provoking fear in you.

Let me tell you something Jack,, NO ONE is instilling fear in anyone here, NO ONE Got it. We may have been conned a time or two but we ain't Brainwashed and the last thing we are is skeeeeered of ANYONE and the only one provoking is YOU and it sure the hell isn't my fear you are provoking, Got it Mary?

It's obvious you don't know Jack Squat about Americans but what would I know,, I'm just one them evil American Veterans sitting on my duff all day my eyes mesmerized watching our TV news and I be "HYPMOTIZED" !

I just can't get enough of Britany Spears while I am shivering, hiding under the covers because the terrorists are coming the terrorists are coming

Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!

Just out of curiosity genius,,,

where are you from

I got a hunch

- Con

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

lol.... I'm not going to argue to such childishness. Its really pathetic tbh.
America is brainwashed. and if your not why are you been so defensive to the point of been angry.

We all get brainwashed to a certain degree. Its nothing to be so ashamed about. The most intellegent people in the world can be brainwashed. dThe Media brainwash people, that's their job. It works very successfully in America. Because the Majority of American's don't travel. They depend on the Media to tell them what goes on in the world. Something like only 5% of American's have passports. Alot of Americans and relatives that come to Ireland are even able to tell me their own nation is brainwashed and controlled by the governmnets.

Its about been aware and learning from the past mistakes. Would you grow and stop behaving like a a spoilt child with my way or the highway attitude. Lets debate not attack each other please. You sound like a 14 year old!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

We all get brainwashed to a certain degree. Its nothing to be so ashamed about. The most intellegent people in the world can be brainwashed. dThe Media brainwash people, that's their job. It works very successfully in America. Because the Majority of American's don't travel. They depend on the Media to tell them what goes on in the world. Something like only 5% of American's have passports. Alot of Americans and relatives that come to Ireland are even able to tell me their own nation is brainwashed and controlled by the governmnets.

Its about been aware and learning from the past mistakes. Would you grow and stop behaving like a a spoilt child with my way or the highway attitude. Lets debate not attack each other please. You sound like a 14 year old!

I get it, when you don't have anytihng substantive to say you attack age and maturity. I remember my kid sister used to do that saying to anyone that didn't agree with her saying "You're so immature" lol

You want to debate like "mature adults" but you don't want the education that goes along with that, you just want to run your mouth and bash Americans like you are some expert on Brainwashing and now you say we are all brainwashed! Do you even know what the hell you are talking about.

Nope

mind control (brainwashing)
Mind control is the successful control of the thoughts and actions of another without his or her consent. Generally, the term implies that the victim has given up some basic political, social, or religious beliefs and attitudes, and has been made to accept contrasting ideas. 'Brainwashing' is often used loosely to refer to being persuaded by propaganda.

www.skepdic.com...

So the next timne you start running your mouth about us Brainwashed Americans acting like you know what you are talking about,,

DO YOUR HOMEWORK

Thanks

= Con

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Sorry, dude, you're arguing with a brick wall. It doesn't matter what you say, their comeback is, "Your statements prove you're brainwashed!!!"

Some people here on ATS are under the impression that you have to be from Europe (or wherever) to be "enlightened" to this fact, since ALL Americans are "brainwashed.

Hey, mind is the universe, I have a question for you: How do you know your not brainwashed into thinking Americans are brainwashed?

That ought to put a kink in your colon.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
okay guys go create a thread on brainwashing.

I have my opnion, so lets just get back to the topic.
There is no point arguing rants like this.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

... of those hijackers, how many turned out to still be alive?
... how many WMD's did we find in Iraq?
... Do we have a shred of evidence that shows Iran has nuclear weapons?

Most of the hijackers weren't actually the hijackers, yet we still hold those names in bad taste.
We found no WMD's in Iraq... but we were damn sure they were there.
We have NO evidence of Iranian nuclear weapons. But we assume they have them.

See? Isn't it obvious? These impressions are implanted intentionally.

That is NOT us being brainwashed Johnsky get this through your head.

We were NOT then and are not now Brainwashed.

What we were was LIED TO. If we were brainwashed they wouldn't have to lie to us because we have a mind of our own and one they knew would not approve!

Big Difference Johnsky

HUGE Difference

- Con

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

What we were was LIED TO. If we were brainwashed they wouldn't have to lie to us because we have a mind of our own and one they knew would not approve!

Big Difference Johnsky

HUGE Difference

- Con

I'm laughing all the way through this post. Lieing is a way to brainwash you, FACT. That's the main way to brainwash people To get you to believe thier story. People follow this lie, this is brainwashing.

Seriously you need to get real here.

Lieing to get you to do something
Brainwashing you to do something

Is basically the same when you look at the result. I've never withnessed such crap in all my life. It really proves how deluded the world has become.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Is basically the same when you look at the result. I've never withnessed such crap in all my life. It really proves how deluded the world has become.

Did you research the ex article on mind control and brainwashing yet ?

Lieing to get someone to do something is a METHOD to manipulate a person but that is NOT brainwashing them.

Brainwashing a person is another type of method but they are not the same. You can't even brainwash someone to do something against there will under hypnosis guy C'mon get REAL! Check the links on it for CIA research on it. Your argument is BUNK pure BUNK and you haven't shown an IOTA of evidence to substantiate your ignorant claims, nothing.

Of course not because you are wrong. Brainwashed are not deceived likek that they are putty guy got it! You are the one that is delusional.

You got any facts any proof we are all brainwashed?

Actually the whole idea is absurd and so are you. Like I said Quit being an ignorant spreader of disinformation and get the facts

It seems then, that if we define mind control as the successful control of the thoughts and actions of another without his or her consent, mind control exists only in fantasy.
www.skepdic.com...

With your silly logic, everytime someone lies someone else is brainwashed LMAO. Sorry pal that doesn't fit the definition of brainwashing, NOT even CLOSE. Do some research and quit embarrassing yourself.

I already proved what the word means and we don't fit the profile pal so put up or shut up

- Con

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Conspiriology]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join