It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge Ruling: George W. Bush is a Felon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Federal Judge Ruling: George W. Bush is a Felon

existentialistcowboy.blogspot.com

Chief Judge Vaughn Walker of the US District Court in California has ruled that President George W. Bush is a felon. The ruling stems from the case of Al-Harmain Islamic Foundation Inc. v Bush, a case which will now be remembered as making it official that Bush's program of 'warrantless spying' is illegal.

Judge Walker held that the president lacks the authority to disregard the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or FISA -- which means Bush's warrantless electronic surveillance program was illegal. Whether Bush will ultimately be held accountable for violating federal law with the program remains unclear.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
And yet again, some interesting news that the MSM hasn't touched with a ten-foot pole. So a FEDERAL JUDGE now has ruled that what this ever-criminalistic "Decider" has done to this nation was an ILLEGAL FELONY ACT.

The question is now, who will ENFORCE the law, now that we have a totally co-conspiratory congress ENABLING this administration to CONTINUE breaking the law at will?

The complete story at Sott.net outlines the sorry history of how the Bush administration has defined the law of this nation as well as the laws of common sense and decency to carry out a program that would have made even Richard Nixon or J. Edgar Hoover blush.

It would seem to me that it's now well established that Bush is indictable in a Federal Court. It is also my understanding that any sitting federal judge can now --upon his/her own motion --convene a federal grand jury to investigate Bush's many violations of federal law, not the least of which are US Codes, Title 18, Section 2441, which make Bush subject to the penalty of death for each death of his war of aggression in Iraq.

existentialistcowboy.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Great Find!

I doubt Bush will serve any time...though...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
superior judges wil throw it out
wait and see.

besides as long as he is spying on islamic organizations and those types that is fine by me. keep on keeping on bushy.

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

LMAO!!!

And you truly believe that?!? That this is limited to "islamic organizations"?

THIS is why these guys are able to KEEP getting away with this type of nonsense. Because people have bought into the fear and propaganda.

"I don't care about the 4th amendment, as long as my gov keeps me safe from all those evil terrorists".

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
wait and see.

besides as long as he is spying on islamic organizations and those types that is fine by me. keep on keeping on bushy.

So yeah lets single people out because of their religion. Thats exactly what all our forefathers fought against and died for. You dishonor all of them with a statement like that.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

who is more likely to be a terrorist, a white woman in her early twenties or a young islamic woman from the middle east?

when you can truly answer that question honestly, you will have broken the chains of political correctness and will be free...like me

they can spy on me all day long, i have nothing to hide...(no cameras though)

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

wait and see.

He's spying on YOU too. He's spying on Me, DD, and every other American. Is that "fine by you" as well?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Yep, just give up all your constitutional rights, because "you've got nothing to hide".

Awesome.

Well don't worry, because of this type of complacency, pretty soon there won't be any rights left for the little people.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

reply to post by bringthelight

who is more likely to be a terrorist, a white woman in her early twenties or a young islamic woman from the middle east?

when you can truly answer that question honestly, you will have broken the chains of political correctness and will be free...like me

they can spy on me all day long, i have nothing to hide...(no cameras though)

Well that answers my question. Essentially you're a Traitor to the United States Constitution, one who rolls over and allows tyrants to violate the rights laid out for you by the Founding Fathers. Do you have a problem with exercising your 4th Amendment right to Privacy?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

You say you have nothing to hide?

Well as long as American citizens keep saying that than soon we will have our rights vanish before us.

You have nothing to hide now, but the more freedoms they keep taking away, soon you will have something to hide.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The Christian Girl from the IRA.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I'm just pointing out that Christianity has it's fair share of terrorists as well.

Actually, if you look at the numbers, claiming that there is even a remote chance that an Islamic man or woman might be a terrorist, just defies the numbers.

Okay, the US has been attacked how many times by Islamic terrorists in this century?
Once.

... when was the last time they were attacked?
September 2001, 7 years ago.

How many Islamic people in the states have blown themselves up since 9/11?

ZERO

... clearly, there's no reason to be worrying about the Islamics.
I'd start worrying about the soldiers who are coming home with mental issues because they were forced to serve one too many tours in hell.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Okay, the US has been attacked how many times by Islamic terrorists in this century?
Once.

... when was the last time they were attacked?
September 2001, 7 years ago.

How many Islamic people in the states have blown themselves up since 9/11?

ZERO

clearly this administration has done a superb job of keeping this country safe as outlined so well in you post.
we may not be so lucky with the next batch that gets in office.

like i said, i have nothing to hide, spy away, i am very fre in the most free country in the world. i own land, horses etc.., ( yes i own, not the bank)
and I am very happy to be an American.

what is so terrible about living here?

where else would you rather live?

NO WHERE THAT'S WHERE

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

clearly this administration has done a superb job of keeping this country safe as outlined so well in you post.
we may not be so lucky with the next batch that gets in office.

like i said, i have nothing to hide, spy away, i am very fre in the most free country in the world. i own land, horses etc.., ( yes i own, not the bank)
and I am very happy to be an American.

what is so terrible about living here?

where else would you rather live?

NO WHERE THAT'S WHERE

Um, actually, I can name a good number of countries that have more freedoms than the states.

And I didn't say it's terrible to live in the states.

Now as per your remark that the current US administration is doing a superb job of keeping the US safe...

... nobody managed to carry out these attacks prior to Bush's administration, but they did during it.
That's a line of thought that has too many easy answers, it can't be used to defend Bush. Only during his presidency was the US attacked by these guys.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

like i said, i have nothing to hide, spy away, i am very fre in the most free country in the world.

Hate to break it to you, girlie. But if the government keeps chipping away at our liberties then you won't be free much longer.

Deny ignorance, don't embrace it!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

wait and see.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Now read that and ponder it for a while.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
With all the talk about impeachment. Well I have one for you.

You can look at the results since 9/11 and determine that attacks were prevented because of this practice. If he refused to monitor communications, I would be the first to call for his impeachment.

You can't restrict gathering of battlefield intelligence. Since we were attacked on American soil on 9/11, America is a battlefield.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

So it doesn't bother you that the government could listen to your most intimate phone calls without your permission? They could arrest you, perhaps mistakenly, and hold you without cause for an indefinite period, all while denying you the rights you likely would have had prior to 9/11. That doesn't upset you? You have no problem with Habeas Corpus being thrown in the trash?

What about the freedoms of others in this country? Don't you care about that? If an American citizen, who happens to be of Arabic descent and practices Islam, is accused of terrorism even though they have done absolutely nothing but abide by the law and been a wonderful positive person in their community, and is then sent to Gitmo for who knows how long, don't you feel that they deserve the same freedoms that you enjoy? Oh, but wait, due to their heritage and religion they're more likely to be a terrorist, so they don't get those freedoms. Is that it?

How long can you tolerate the Constitution being whittled away into nothing but a memory before you realize that the government has been abusing the concept of swapping out freedoms in exchange for protection? There's a reason that the USA is the country it is today, and much of that can be credited to the Constitution and the freedoms and rights it grants to American citizens. As the impact of that document slowly crumbles away in the name of the war on terror, so to do the very things that the USA stands for. People don't move to the USA because of the great protection from terrorists, they move here because of the opportunity to make a name for themselves and the chance to be happy. Without the Constitution, the "American Dream" ceases to exist.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You mean kind of like when he ignored over 40 briefings prior to 9/11 that the attack was being planned out?

The sad thing is, most everyone knows this has NOTHING to do with "fighting terrorism", and everything to do with intimidation and squelching dissent from an ever-growing unhappy populace.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
You can look at the results since 9/11 and determine that attacks were prevented because of this practice. If he refused to monitor communications, I would be the first to call for his impeachment.
[edit on 11-7-2008 by RRconservative]

These radicals have wanted to hit the states for a long time... but the previous presidents seemed to have kept them from carrying out any attacks without warrant less spying on their citizens.

Besides, why should the citizens have to throw away their freedoms just because there are a few crazy people out there?
Sounds pretty illogical to me.

The US has always had people that want to do harm to her. As have all countries around the world.

Then comes along this new breed, who's ultimate goal is to instill fear, if we lose our freedoms, thats another win for them.

... and we're HANDING it to them??

Whatever happened to defiance?

The ONLY message the US should be sending them is, we are not afraid, and we will continue to live free and go about our lives as we always have with or without you threatening us.

Not... okay, lock the borders down, strip the freedoms, and be afraid, VERY afraid!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join