It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO UK 2008-with video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am not going to flat out tell you why it is fake, and feel sad that I should have to. It would better serve you if I could educate you on the basic principles that you could apply to this and every other useless video posted around here to learn for yourself.

You know, give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach him to fish and he eats for life. Everyone around here screams for an "image expert" every time somebody throws a dead fish on the boards for simple stuff like this, and doesn't take the few moments to critically think about it themselves.

Guys, don't be discouraged. It DOES NOT TAKE A PROFESSIONAL IMAGE EXPERT to evaluate this and many other videos on here.

Tep had the right idea, you guys should use this thread to throw stuff out there, based on your own critical thinking, and use the process to educate yourselves how to spot obvious things in this video (and, also, things NOT in the video, lol). You will come away from the discussion better for it, and hopefully the thought process will become contagious...rather than siting around and waiting for the "image experts" to come in here and make up your minds.

Ever thought that an "image expert" could be one of the men in black? You guys claim so much government cover-up all the time, how they control everything and manipulate the public, but then wait around for some anonymous expert to make up your mind? You are an easy to control bunch if that's they way you go about this subject.

Sorry to sound aggressive, but after being around for years and seeing the same cycles repeat themselves OVER and OVER, but nobody saying or doing anything about it...it gets old. This subject needs to be changed from within, and that will only come through the applied use of logic, reason and common sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well "IgnoreTheFacts" as stated before I am by no means any expert nor am I looking for one...I never asked for an image expert nor did anyone else ask for one except one poster.That being said thanks for your posts for what it is, and moving right along again.Would anyone else like to put there two cents in as to is this video being real or fake? I am looking for some logical conclusions or theories here not bickering.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I actually dont think this is CGI....

It looks suspended. I bet if it were a clearer video we would be able to see the string.

Definitely a model hung from a crane or something.

Easily done....

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Yea I actually thought the same thing ...maybe a recking ball type thing.The only reason I don't think it is CGI is there does not appear to be any video distortion(not the proper term I'm sure) around the object.

[edit on 7/15/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It does seem a shame that quite a large amount of posting space has been filled up by some guys ego and although he could have quite easily helped some of us guys out, who to be fair probably are less experienced than him, by simply giving a few bullet points on why this is fake, he's spent much longer having a good old rant.

In response to the hanging object theory and just not being able to see the string, if the object was real but not a UFO how would they get that rotation effect, its a really cool design and must have taken a great deal of effort for such a short clip to construct a ball that has a metal finish and rotating bottom, unless the moving parts are CGI?

To save any more discussion on this if indeed it is fake, could someone, even Ignorethefacts come back and just tell me how to identify it as fake, i would really appreciate that. I just feel that this hasnt been given the attention it deserves as the treads discussing lights at night seem to get more and there are so many logical and scientific explanations for them.

Thanks again to original OP for sharing this

[edit on 17-7-2008 by azonic-mantra]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Anybody with the mood "Laughing at You" probably isn't worth learning from - I know none of my teachers laughed at me and I learnt a lot more from them.

Egotistical ramblings aside (I've seen many of those chaps come and go on ATS over the years), this movie does look a little ropey (meaning suspect). My main issue is the lighting. According to that footage (and I could be wrong) the sun (or light source) appears to be placed somewhere between the object and the trees, the silhouetted leaves suggest that the light source is coming from directly in front of the tree whereas the object appears lit from stage right. This would mean that the light source is between the object and the silhouetted leaves or that there are two points of light.

There's other tell tale signs too, I'll have a few more watches and add to the thread...

I may upload a 3D animation showing a recreation of the scene to illustrate my point, but will have to make sure no-one thinks I'm hoaxing the board. If I do, I'll post it in this thread and make it crystal clear that it's a 3d recreation of the original film. Give me an hour or so...

Cheers,

T

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
I actually dont think this is CGI....

It looks suspended. I bet if it were a clearer video we would be able to see the string.

Definitely a model hung from a crane or something.

Easily done....

A)

Respectfully disagree on account that many CGI Videos lack audio. The OP's vid lacks audio. Putting Audio in a CGI vid means you have to go out in a similiar setting and record a reproduction of a person filming something amazing, plus the sounds of nature. Alot of effort. The people making these creations may be good visually, but they're not actors.

B)

Its very hard to re-create (or create) the emotion of seeing a ufo for the first time. You can tell when someone is 'acting' very easily. Not only that. Most of these filmmakers are too lazy to add audio because they know most of us are suckers. (Haiti UFO had audio, but cloned trees)

C)

When you look at the blur ratio of the object zipping away, thats the dead giveaway. I've seen that on countless SFX TV samples.

D)

Also, look at the dark and blurry nature of the whole video. This is a continuos element found in many CGI recreations. The whole video frame by frame is darkened,contrasted, and blurred slightly so as not to give away any real details that would prove suspicious.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Right ho, as promised I've done a (very quick and dirty) 3d animation recreating the video that is the subject of this thread.

THIS IS A RECREATION, I AM IN NO WAY CLAIMING THIS AS REAL UFO FOOTAGE!

Its sole purpose is to demonstrate how light affects a movie/picture

Video No. 1

This shows how the light would affect the UFO, on the basis of how the trees are silhouetted in the foreground.

Notice that the unidentified object appears dark - this is because the sun (or omni light in this case) is directly in front of the trees & the UFO thus causing both to be silhouetted

Video No. 2

In the original video, the light appears to be coming from in front of the object. This rendering shows how if the light source was in front of the object, it would prettty much HAVE to affect the trees also (as video 2 shows).

Please bear in mind that this isn't my best work, just a couple of quickies to illustrate a point regarding positioning of lights etc. Also seems like a long winded way to get a point across, I know, but the OP asked for thoughts etc.

Cheers for reading =)

T

I can't quite work out why my youtube links don't seem to be working, so I'll pop them here too, just to be safe...

Vid 1: uk.youtube.com...
Vid 2: uk.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Can I give you guys some advice before you waste any more of your valable time?

You can evaluate a video of this type before even getting to analyzing the content of the video itself. Its very simple, and you will NEVER be wrong.

Someone mentioned that I should put up bullet points for you all to swallow, but that is lame. Anyone who comes on here and does that just gets blasted by the blind at every corner, and then has to waste hours defend their correct observations which led to the easy to read and swallow bullet points. I say heck with that. Keep using this thread to catch your own fish, thus eating for life.

Look, we all know its fake, nuff said. Let see you guys work this out amongst yourselves with all the reason you can think of, you will be a better ATS citizen for it. You will be taking "Deny Ignorance" seriously, and maybe in the future you can help out folks just like yourselves with much better tact than I have the patience for. But the main point is, you can forget someone coming in here with bullet points telling you what you need to figure out for yourselves. Blast me all you want, that doesn't make you guys any less gullible or ignorant though.

The way I see it, is that you guys should split your reasons the video is fake into two parts. Discuss the video presentation and distribution, and the video content itself. As I have mentioned several times, after discussing the video (and not the actual content) briefly some of you will wake up and smell the coffee. But if not, moving onto the actual content should do the trick.

I would love to participate, but nothing I say would mean anything to you guys without perspective. And there are patiently more people around here with the patience to impart their perspective in this thread with gallons and gallons of reasoning.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tandino

Excellent, this is a great post and really helps to explain things so thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by azonic-mantra

No problem, glad I could help. CG isn't just for hoaxing!

I could be well off in my theory, but even if it gives you a rough idea then it's been useful.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is a hoax. See YouTube member 'Thefakinghoaxer'

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
well it seems that this is truly a fake video as the maker has come forward to confess. He has quite a production thing going on as well. So I am going to post his URL as well so if anyone sees any of these videos in the future they can show his videos in the making. Take a look at some his other fakes...I have seen some of these around for a while now.

Here is his URL
uk.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join