It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO UK 2008-with video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This was just loaded up on liveleak.....I don't understand how these guys can supposedly video tape this stuff and it be such poor quality.Well anyway here it is and I was wanting some opinions on this one.CGI what do you guys think...I am no expert.

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 7/11/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
A poor CGI attempt. You can easily see how dodgy it looks on the turning ring part. It just so happens to stop right behind the end of the branches? Theres no sound? And let's not talk about the hilarious way it flies off by half falling over and then zooming off in the least convincing way possible!

I'm going with fake, Capt...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I actually really like this footage, possibly because it gives me the creeps a little, seems quite 'alien' in its design or maybe because i'm getting sick of footage of just points of light or long exposure sausages!

Person taking the movie stays hidden under the bushes, i think i would do the same.

Is it easy to do a bit of CGI and the overlay branches over the top?

Would have been great to have sound, i guess its another mobile phone recording?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by azonic-mantra
Is it easy to do a bit of CGI and the overlay branches over the top?

I'm not an expert, but I don't imagine it's very hard, I believe some of the videos of the hoax caret drones moved behind things. It's also possible the whole scene is CG. There was a cool vid last year that people thought was pretty remarkable and took a long while before some cunning eye spotted that two of the palm trees were suspiciously the same. Turned out every damn bit of the video was CG...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

gonna reserve my judgement until jeffritz comes or some other video expert...ill tell you this...if it is CGI i really think thats a pretty good fake...most videos i have a pretty good sense of it being fake, but for some reason i just cant wrap my finger on this particular one...thanks for the post regaurdless of the authenticity

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The thing that is making it not seem fake to me. Is the person filming it with the way they are trying to zoom in and maintain some focus, then when it darts off, the camera seems to move back and forth the way a person would as if searching for something that has just moved out of the cameras view.I don't know it is curious though.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Cool bit of footage, even if it is likely CGI.
Its not so hard to overlay trees or branches, however the camera movements etc when it shoots of are either very well choreographed or that was filmed. Shame no sound.

[edit on 11/7/2008 by who-me?]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I just found another video although from a much further distance.It could be the same type of spherical ufo. In this video it is the first one they show...what do you think, could it be the same type if it is real?

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Of the two parter you just posted the first one looks very similar, especially the way it shoots off. The second one over the water is less than convincing though. Good find though.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm posting to bump this, just surprised we havent had more interest here, people are all over the treads where the points of light really could be anything but here we have an actual object in day light, a really creative fake or something very very alien.

Any experts want to look at this and gives us some info?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
hhmm,the way it moves through the bush,and the "front end" of it doesn't quite match up with how it should as it comes from behind the branch.

I'm going for cgi.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
COMPLETELY FAKE. PERIOD.

Its almost sad that I would need to list the reasons why this is fake around here anymore, but there is a sucker born every minute.

If you guys are waiting for an "image expert" to come in here and make up your ignorant minds then I recommend taking a break from the whole Ufology subject.

O.K. class, without even bother to analyze the video content itself, which is a whole different conversation, can any of you raise your hands and tell me why this is fake?

If you get that right then we will move on the the video content itself, but we shouldn't have to even bother after the first question now should we?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
*puts hand up sheepishly*

Because if it was real we would have some of the best footage ever taken and the world news would be all over it?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
COMPLETELY FAKE. PERIOD.

Its almost sad that I would need to list the reasons why this is fake around here anymore, but there is a sucker born every minute.

If you guys are waiting for an "image expert" to come in here and make up your ignorant minds then I recommend taking a break from the whole Ufology subject.

O.K. class, without even bother to analyze the video content itself, which is a whole different conversation, can any of you raise your hands and tell me why this is fake?

If you get that right then we will move on the the video content itself, but we shouldn't have to even bother after the first question now should we?

Ok I asked for opinions on this video not arrogant posts degrading people as ignorant.Try to be a little more tactful please. No need for the insults.Thank you

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
First of all, calling someone ignorant is not an insult. Ignorant does not mean stupid, which you seem to have ignorantly confused it with. Ignorant is simple a lack of knowledge or experience leading you to a wrong conclusion. I could spell out your specific lack of knowledge, but it would serve you guys well to spend a few minutes of critical thinking and come up with the answer to your ignorance yourselves. Again, sorry you don't understand the difference, calling someone ignorant is NOT AN INSULT, unless you are to ignorant to understand that, LOL

The mere act of ignorantly giving foolish, immature fake videos like this attention does nothing but to undermine the whole subject, and makes sure it will remain relegated to slow news days, and always ending with the news anchor laughing while cracking a joke about UFO nuts.

Look, I'm sorry some of you are so eager to believe and so easily fooled by such nonsense. But you have to realize that encouraging ignorance by, propagating these type of videos is a fruitless endeavor and only serves to hurt the very cause some of you (overly so) believe in.

Repeat after me, ufology is not a religion...ufology is not a religion. Good, now that we have that settled can some of you put on your thinking caps, overlook your anger at being so easily fooled (and it being pointed out to you). Please, exercise reason, logic and common sense before replying with the typical blind believer and wishful thinker nonsense.

On the other hand, the more of you that are exposed to utter rubbish like this might not be so easily fooled next time and so on. So it does serve a purpose, unfortunately that does not make discussing it help the cause at all. There should be a separate forum around here for those that feel the need to blindly debate foolish videos such as this, and those that want to actually discuss the pros and cons of the real subject in an intelligent manner, devoid of the noise that this stuff (and those that give it the benefit of a doubt) cloud the signal with.

The signal to noise ratio regarding Ufology is HUGE. Please, try not to ignorantly contribute to it for as long as you can hold your wad and in many years of intelligent debate, the stigma of idiocy might be reduced enough to propel a real mainstream investigation by the only folks who are able to get to the bottom of it. But this will not happen until this type of thread is no longer looked at as even remotely genuine or possible. Sorry if you don't understand what I am saying, but, honestly, if you don't I fear you are a part of the reason those of us with common sense, reason and logic can't discuss this stuff seriously in public. THINK ABOUT IT.

You may hate the way I say it, but if you have a clear head and can see the big picture you know I am 100% correct. Don't kill the messenger guys. You have been crapping where you eat for far too long, and then have the gull to wonder why your not taken seriously

[edit on 15-7-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
WOW...Ignore...man are you in a mood today or what brother...im seeing alot of aggressive posts by you today...not everyone has the keenful eye as yourself...some people are just starting there search for "the truth" be patient brother

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It does not take a "keen eye" to judge this video. As a matter of fact, it does not take an eye at all. You can judge this video without even debating the content.

Yeah, I do need to have a beer or three though.....lol. Heading to the fridge as soon as I hit post

But I have not broken any T&C's that I know of, and I know some in this thread are probably feverishly hitting the "alert" button because they don't like getting hit in the face with cold hard reality. But I have not insulted anyone directly that I know of, and if I did so it was unintentional. Ignorance does not = stupid in my book. You can fix ignorance, but you can't fix stupid.

Now, about that beer.......

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

LOL enjoy the beer man...have one for me...nah im not sayin your breaking T & C or anything im just saying they very well just might be rookies to the whole subject...thats all...nothing more nothing less...anyhoo take care man...and make it a heniken if ya could

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I know I know ...

1. If it was from a camera, it would have focused 100% better.
2. The focus would have been on the branches OR the ufo at all times.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

First off the aggressive tone does not help matters at all and further more I asked for opinions on this particular video not your own personal statements on how people here are ignorant or not.No one here needs to have your aggressive tone regarding the definition of ignorants.What you are doing is indignant.If you took the freaking time to read my first post you would see I asked other members for their opinions and also stated I was no expert.You appear to be talking down to people and it comes across as ridicule.No wonder people don't like to talk about these things out there that is why they come here. You are not the end all get all of UFO investigations and you still have not stated why you think this is a fake and you want others to state it.Others have posted why they think it is fake or real...give us a little idea of why other than "It's fake period."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join