It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Washington Area Sniper Sentenced to Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Breaking news, CNN.COM is reporting that John Allen Muhammad has been sentanced to death for his actions in the shootings in and around Washington DC.
Convicted sniper John Allen Muhammad was today sentenced to death for killing Dean Harold Meyers -- one of 10 people shot to death during the October 2002 sniper shootings.

CNN.com

Most of the sniper victims were gunned down in the Maryland and Virginia areas around the nation's capital.

Meyers, 53, was shot and killed October 9, 2002, while he was pumping gas at a Sunoco station in Manassas. It was one of 13 shootings that terrorized the region during a three-week span.

Muhammad's accomplice, Lee Boyd Malvo, 19, was convicted in a separate trial of another sniper shooting. A jury sentenced him to life without parole. His formal sentencing is set for Wednesday.

In November, a jury convicted Muhammad and recommended he be sentenced to death.

Prince William County Circuit Judge LeRoy Millette Jr. made the decision Tuesday after reviewing the jury's recommendation.

Muhammad's attorneys had pleaded that his life be spared, arguing in court papers filed Friday that "if someone is able to change from a loving father to a killer, then time can also change him back yet again."

I personally used to feel that this world was and "eye for an eye", but I don't know now. Is it right to take one's life for murdering another ?

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Its not an eye for an eye when this psycho gets a much more humane death that his victims. He gets to prepare for death by making peace with whatever god or demon he believes in, he gets put under anethesia before lethal dose occurs and won't experience the pain his victims had at their death.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's still taking a life. I really used to believe in it, take 'em all out, kill 'em all, if you hurt me or my family then look out. I just don't feel that strongly about it anymore.

I guess I'm getting older and "softer" ?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
elevatedone, your right just not the way you think you are.
Why should the government have to kill this piece of human crap.

I say release him on the streets of Washington - of course after letting the relatives of the victims know the time and place.

You then can feel comfortable knowing your government did not take the life of someone, the families can sleep better knowing he'll never bother anyone again.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Life in prison is good enough for me.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think life in prison should be worse than death.

As a matter of fact, I think that everyone sentenced to death, should be given an option for life.

Should the choose it, they will get put in a "special" prison to work like slaves, and we can not be held responcible because they chose it.

It is not in humane treatment if it is by choice.

new topics

top topics

join