It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recession started? - DOW Jones under 11000 ! what is next?

page: 1

join
share:
sty

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

DOW under 11000 ! what is next?

uk.finance.yahoo.com

Investors seemed unimpressed by a statement from Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, who said the government's focus is ensuring that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac remain as presently constituted to carry out their mission.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-7-2008 by sty]

sty

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
wow, DOW Jones is now around 11000 (was 10950 minutes ago!). This level is the warning level for the worldwide economy , so my opinion- we are IN recession now. Petrol is nearly 147 too, so i guess next week we will be constantly well under 11000 with Dow Jones.. what is next ?

How can someone without finacial resource get prepared for the recession to come?

what jobs will still rurvive?

hm.. hard questions

uk.finance.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-7-2008 by sty]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What's next? Do you have to ask?

It seems like this is the start of the economic crisis that will result in the NAU and the Eighth World Power - the United Nations. That's what it looks like.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
its not over yet, i still havent got my stimulus check

maybe i can help out somehow

sty

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
yes, I agree it is just a begining. Some said it will last for 6-8 years, but how can we get out of this without petrol? the worldwide demand for petrol will double by 2030 so it is clear that the high prices for petrol are here to stay . EURO zone is now prepared for recession (i have no ideea what do they mean with this , but the European Central bank claims to be prepared for the recession to come).

now to us , the little ppl - what are the best jobs to keep, and what sort of jobs should we quit?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
For the sake of speculation. How fast would things go down the trash if brokers lose faith in the stockmarket completely?
Would it be detectable for the common man right away or will it creep in slowly?

sty

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I guess it is already fast enough ... we got an average drop of 30% from the begining of this year . A lots of job-cuts for the autumn I guess..

so what is happening? factories are closing as the ppl do not have money to buy their products. And the people do not buy stuff because the factories are closing? hm..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Didn't any of you guys get the GOP memo? It's not a recession until they say it is!

Sorry, I keep referring to this economic slump we're in as a recession, and no sooner then I do someone not-so-gently taps me on my shoulder and shouts it ain't so.

So, yes, I think we're headed toward a long economic cold spell.

sty

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
here is the link with the full Yahoo story:

biz.yahoo.com...

they do not act like it is a big deal, but as far as I know 11000 points for Dow Jones is the serious warning level for the economy. Europe is not doing any better, we got 10 % drop this week alone..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing news discussion found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join