It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SECRET FOOTAGE. Russian time traveler in Palestine Y. 33 aC.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeah, it's fake.

But, if it were real ... I'd have grabbed a sample of Jesus blood and traveled Back to the Future and cloned him and made him preform miracles for money like a circus act.

Would that be considered the "Second Coming"?

I could arrange trumpets to blow every time he walked out on stage.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? You tell us that skeptics and debunkers will flood this thread and then tell us that we should take an objective look at this video? To be objective is to adhere to truth-conductive methods of thinking. That usually implies fair skepticism which you haven't even hinted at.

The video itself? It's a hilariously bad trailer (segment) of a ridiculous B movie. I wish there was a clap smiley but this'll have to do.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by openmind15

One other problem I have with the video is the time format and frame
rate. the 03-11-2039 date is written using an almost an exclusively
American format of day-month-year when most European, middle east
and most asian cameras would use Year-Month-Day as the
default date setting....and I would also like to mention the
the difference between 29.97 NTSC frame rate versus the PAL 25 frames
per second used by most of Europe and Asia so I say BS on the video!

I would also mention the date & time stamp and clock counter
look rather clean versus the rest of the video so this means
a POST-PRODUCTION OVERLAY was done (i.e. a layer alpha-channel
keyed over a secondary main layer of video)

And I say that because even AFTER compression to the Youtube video
format, the text and counters STILL look clean so it indicates to me
multi-layer compositing in post-production.

I should ALSO MENTION the video was shot or compressed
anamorphically which means to compress the horizontal portion
of the video in such a way so as to fit a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio
onto a 4:3 aspect ratio screen, therefore you see the weird squeezed-look
on Youtube. Anamorphic lenses (or cameras) are usually professional
level and not usually present in handy-cam style cameras and thus
indicative of a PRODUCED video rather than a Live scene.
My guess is a Sony PDP-150 or Canon X1/XL2 or similar camera
was used for the type of video I see... and the video intentionally
downgraded to make it look like a consumer level video.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This video is fake, just a movie, it shows a man with long hair. most
christians falsely believe Jesus had long hair.

Jesus was Jewish, and looked like any normal Jewish man
of his time, Jewish men kept their hair short. (1Co 11:14)

And no, Jesus
was not a Nazarite, but he did grow up in Nazareth.
We know he never took the oath of a Nazarite because he drank wine
(Mat 11:19) and touched dead bodies.

any true footage of Jesus will show him with short hair.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
also, the Jews had burial customs they followed.

they anointed the body with oil/spices and wrapped it in linen cloth.
even the Bible tells us this is how they buried Jesus.

your footage shows a body with no preparations done at all,
there are open wounds
and blood still dripping. no jew would bury their loved ones like this.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by openmind15

It's one thing to be open-minded. Time travel is, I suppose, theoretically possible.

But to prove it by going back and getting footage of Jesus Christ?
Why not something that is historically proven to have existed?

And I haven't seen the video because I can't access YouTube, but pretty much anything can be staged these days.

This topic reminds me of a weird novel I read called Fishy Fleshed, about a bunch of people from a future where it's commonplace to walk on water (with special wet suits) and turn water into wine and whatnot, and they decide to go back in time to find Jesus. Or maybe imitate him, I don't know.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In 33 AD they would not find Jesus in his tomb. The roman calendar is off by about 4 years. His burial would've been around 4 years earlier by actual timekeeping, so they would have to look for him around 29 AD or thereabouts. The gregorian calendar is messed up.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
sorry to burst the bubble but i'm gonna debunk aswell, it does not state anywhere in any of the texts what jesus' appearance was. the image of jesus that we all know is a complete invention created a lot of centuries after his supposed death, one can assume from this that anyone appears like this is not jesus ( although he could of looked this way, we dont know), besides all of this jesus did not die on the cross, he was healed by some rich sugar daddies and sent on his way to afganistan where he lived until the ripe old age of about 80, it was only on his death bed did he reveal his true identity as the propet from israel,

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I cant believe people are even spending their time trying to debunk this. what a joke this website has become

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankP

I understand where you're coming from but had this post sat around with no attention then the op would have had no way to grow from it - at least intellectually. is that not the point? The purpose of this place is to find the truth. That's the assumption I'm under in any case.

To the OP, now that we've settled that this video is infact a piece of fiction I wanted to encourage you not to jump to the conclusion that any man showing the marks of the crucifixion must be Jesus. The Romans crucified thousands of people. During this time period crucifixion was as popular as the gas chamber is today - it was the prefered method of state sanctioned death. So, had this video been even remotely true - we'd still have no way of knowing if the man laying prone in the tomb was who you believed he was.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
the closest thing i have heard to witnessing jesus's crucifiction was William Cooper (RIP) stating in a lecture how gray aliens showed the covert rogue government , a holograph image of jesus's crucifiction using time travel to obtain it. cool video though

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So Jesus was a white man now, was he? With long fair hair?

EDIT: What does this have to do with aliens, anyway?

[edit on 11-7-2008 by triplesod]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
Let's see, we have a video tap that still works after almost 2000 years, a white anglo saxon male being presented at the Christ figure from the fairy tales of the Bible, and less than a minute of video. This has to be a fake. If I traveled in the past with a video tape camera I would take more than one minute of film to document the "proof" and be smart enough to bring the tape back with me.

Why would the person who is in this video (a modern day person of European origin) have to be Anglo Saxon?

So you know what an Anglo or a Saxon is? Never mind an Anglo Saxon. Or is it just a catch all term for a white person in America?

And why would the tape be 2000 years old? Are you suggesting that the "time traveller" never returned home, just buried the tape somewhere to be found in the later 20th century? Does it say somewhere that he did that? I don't know the story behind this.

I never know whether to laugh or cringe or sigh when I hear of people believing this sort of stuff. The op tells us to view it with an open mind, something he/she unfortunately neglected.
EDIT: I see. It does explain the vid being 2000 years old.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by triplesod]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Hey openminded, your openmind has to come to reality some time,,,did you bother to read the youtube comments. Did you think that after being beaten for hours his face would be so pristine. I cant believe the kinda crap ppl are trying to push off as real stories. Also you stated "Its a Known FACT that time travel is going on" WOW since when was this a known fact....?? My god this is a stunning development, where can I go see and touch and experience this proof?? I DONT THINK THERE IS ANY, hehe

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Would be interesting if it was real, but the phony looking fuzz when the camera went in and out gave it away. It looks like a cheaply done movie.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Although I think the poster should have done a little research before questioning the origins of this video, ( would not have took long), I am still pleased it was posted, because now I have a new movie to see that I did not know even existed, Das jesus video.

And the write up, it has on ibdm does not look too bad aswell.
So thanks only on this occasion to the poster for being too quick of the mark putting it on here without first doing any homework.

Shows that sometimes these waste of time posts can be useful I suppose.

Has anyone seen this movie, if so is it really worth me hunting it down.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
C'mon. Of all of the millions of people in the world at that time, this "time traveler" would just happen to come across the body of Jesus Christ? How convenient. He could've taped any of of thousands and thousands that the Romans killed during the 1st century AD. That is, if this were real. Psssshaw...Whatever.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It seems to me that if you are going to go back or forward in time, you are going to make sure you have a good camera and/or video equipment to devote the required attention to detail.

Also, if I were going back in time, or foward, I would sure leave some sort of numerical clue as to my presence that only I or this period in history would understand. That could validate the occurance that you actually did go back in time.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I just don't see how people can post rubbish that is clearly fake. People just keep posting rubbish and we waste our time shooting it down. The real deal is getting lost in the mix.

P.S. Controlled time travel is NOT humanly possible and the implications of the achievement of such technology is not seen today. So get time travel out of your head!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join