It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implications of anticipating 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ok, so I’ve been thinking about writing this for some time now, so here I go.

My own personal situation is that the whole 2012 phenomenon/ prophecy has so far had a great impact on me as a person and my existence as a human being living in this timeframe. I am in a point of my life where I am on the verge of undertaking my education at university which would take me about 3 years to complete and due to other circumstances I am thinking of taking another year to catch up, which will mean that I’ll be done in 2012. Now as I said the whole 2012 phenomenon has had a great impact on me so much as to the point that I can not see anything NOT happening in the years up to and in the year 2012.

And well my “dilemma” is which I want to focus on, my education or my anticipation of 2012? Should I focus on my education and hope that nothing happens so that I can expect getting a job when I’m done or should I take my education less seriously because of my belief of some upcoming change? It’s demoralizing to say the least every time I turn on the news and hear of all the supposed “signs” of desperate times coming with the weakening economy especially in the US with the credit crisis, mortgage/ housing crisis, the possibility of events escalating to war with either China or Iran or both which in turn will effect the rest of the world.

I do live in Europe but the US economy and especially the war in Iraq has a great impact on the European countries and the rest of the world. Combining that with the oil prices hitting new highs everyday to the logic inevitable peak oil prediction (with Russia recently saying that it can’t up it’s production anymore and by 2020 it will be out of oil reserves) to climate changes and global warming either resulting in rising tides, erratic weather phenomenon or even the possibility of a new ice age beginning.

Further combine that with the different spiritualist prophecies of James Gilliland saying major climate changes by 2010, coinciding with DarkKnight’s predictions of global cataclysmic events starting in march of 2009, the Mayans calendar of 2012, and a whole list of other anecdotes from supposed contactees and unveiling of the ufo cover up resulting in a (hopefully) new way of life.
Also don’t forget the Svalbard “doomsday vault” in Norway, with illusive “confirmed” reports from project Camelot of a possible preparation for 2012, and on exopolitics.com of supposed secret UFO-meetings being held at the UN.

So all of this coincides with a choice I have to make, on the one hand I can choose to ignore the whole thing which is pretty hard and at this point would seem to me pretty naïve to just expect nothing to happen and expect to get a job when I’m done in 2012, or anticipate that something is and will indeed happen by 2012 and take my education less seriously and instead focus on my spiritual awakening/ growth and philosophies in anticipation of 2012? I just don’t know.

Note: If I just had a regular job I would just go about it everyday and still anticipate 2012 but this is a matter of working really hard to get a degree that I’m not even totally sure that I will get to use when I’m done, if things unfold the way some have been saying as we approach 2012.

What do you guys think? And what’re your thoughts on anticipating 2012?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The fearful pay attention to the destination, the observers pay attention to the journey.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Interesting quote.

Anyway, I am not fearful, I'm just awaiting and anticipating...
Trying to figure out which way to go...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphA1551

Therefore you are an observer. As an observer, the only way to go is to learn. Knowledge is power.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moegli
The fearful pay attention to the destination, the observers pay attention to the journey.

One of the best quotes I have eve heard. Starred.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Oh?

How would that work?

Don't you normally face your destination as you travel along on your journey?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.
If you put your education on hold for four years, and nothing happens, you will be kicking your own ass.
Take your courses, but while you do, set yourself up for a plan B.
In everyone's life there should be a plan B..for all situations.
No one expects any of us to stop living a normal daily life just because a disaster may happen. Once you let fear take over too many aspects of your reality, you withdraw and start to miss out on what being here in the physical world, and experiencing life as a human being is really about.
Don't live in fear of 2012, live to plan for it..in both ways.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Indeed, thanks for the reply.

However I do plan to undertake my education it's more a matter of how much effeort and time I want to invest in it and what I want to focus on.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

Oh?

How would that work?

Don't you normally face your destination as you travel along on your journey?

In terms of self contemplation and acquiring knowledge and understanding, what really matters? Well, both....yet one needs the other, yet again one happens before the other. What is the destination if there is no journey to find out? What does the journey reveal if there is no destination?

The ancients were truly wise indeed.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Moegli]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

yet one needs the other, yet again one happens before the other.

What is the destination if there is no journey to find out? What does the journey reveal if there is no destination?

The ancients were truly wise indeed.

Actually, it's cyclic.

knowledge of one's destination will lead to greater understanding of one's journey, and an understanding of one's journey will lead to a greater knowledge of one's destination.

I suppose it depends strongly on what destination you have inside your mind.

After all, you'll never reach your destination if you don't move towards it.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

It is indeed cyclic, and cycles are infinite. The destination I'm referring to, the ultimate of destinations, is when one becomes fully aware of infinity. The last pieces of truth will have formed a complete understanding of One, all of one, infinite being.

There is a unifying factor with two sides of everything.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hmm this thread has hit a sidebar and spun out of control.
Back on topic please.

I would like to hear what your thoughts are on anticipating 2012?

[edit on 11-7-2008 by AlphA1551]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The point is not to anticipate, rather you should be in your present awareness. IIf things are changing, what is the point of anticipation? The thoughts you have now might not necessarily be the thoughts you would have tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Right, I did get your input. However this is not a philosophical debate nor a forum for such debates. I would like to hear other people's thoughts on the matter. No offence intented.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What I would do in a case like this, would be to maybe send myself to medical school or maybe thru nursing school where you will learn how you can help others if something should happen. If it doesnt happen you can still make good money in the field. There are many other fields as well that will be helpful. just look into some of them including some in botany. Which can even be in the medical field.

That way you can learn how to use wild plants for medicinal purposes.

Hilda

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphA1551
Indeed, thanks for the reply.

However I do plan to undertake my education it's more a matter of how much effeort and time I want to invest in it and what I want to focus on.

Educate yourself in something that would be useful no matter what happens - like medicine (with a side emphasis in holistic pracitces ) or architecture - engineering - always a usefull trade if something needs designing or building....or agriculture ( with a side emphasis on smaller farming enterprises) - in other words something people will always have a need for...food, housing, health care....get and read a book called "Small is Beautiful".....learn how to become self sufficient...if you chose engineering for example, could you design something to live off and away from the grid? Get my drift?
Best of luck!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
PLEASE don't let anything stop you from fulfilling your potential.

I understand exactly what you are saying, but these prophecies have the potential to cripple people. Your entire generation could just give up if they let the fear of 2012 colour their attitude to everything.

I wonder sometimes if this isn't just some evil social engineering. If it isn't, how many prophets of doom are actually sincere in their warnings that the world will end? Even the sincere ones are irresponsible. And how much money can they make from it?

Imagine if you go to college but don't study as well as you should and a few years down the line your fellow students graduate with As and Bs and you scrape through with a C. How will you feel? What sort of job will you get against the competition of students who appear brighter and have applied themselves more?

The world is being run by malevolent, greedy people who are taking so much for themselves and leaving ever fewer crumbs for the rest of us. They've got a vested interest in allowing us to think that we only have a few more years to struggle on until the end of the world.

If we all thought we'd live to 90 we'd want a bigger share of the cake.

Your best bet is to do your very best in whatever you choose to do. Even if it's only tidying your room, do your best.

To be spiritual you have to BE spiritual. You can do so much in the ordinary course of your life without ever picking up a book or meditating, if you don't have the time.

Keep developing your feelings of love and compassion towards all living creatures and you will come on in leaps and bounds. You might never be in a position to influence events in the world but you can be an enormous influence for good in the lives of those around you.

Put as much care and consideration in getting a spider out of the bath as you'd put into helping an old lady carry her shopping. If you can go to bed each night knowing that you haven't intentionally hurt anyone and that you've found opportunities to actually help (however small), when you do have the time to study 'spiritual' things you'll come at it from a position of love and kindness. Some people go into it for the good of their ego and will eventually come unstuck - I'm not suggesting you're one of those.

I read somewhere that in 999 people thought the world would end in the year 1,000. I don't know if that's true, I imagined that not many people in the dark ages had access to a calendar, but who knows?

Life and civilizations will always evolve and change. But you are responsible for you and how you make your way.

People who have responded to your post have taken a lot of care and obviously had your best interests at heart. This is the sort of positive experience you might want to focus on when you're worrying about the state of the world. You will always find someone who will care about you.
And you can be the person who cares about everybody else.

I've just got someone else's opinion on this and he said:

How silly will you look in 2013 if you've missed all your opportunites because you think the world will end in 2012?

hmm..... if only I could have been so succinct

[edit on 13-7-2008 by berenike]

[edit on 13-7-2008 by berenike]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
2012 is the real deal. However what does this mean you should do? Should you spend the next couple years screwing off? What are you going to do? Should you spend the next couple of years "prepairing" for something that you can not prepair for? No. So go on with life as normal. Take some time each day to enjoy a normal moment in life because every day closer is one less day of "normal" to enjoy to say the least.

Totally go back to school. Learn something that will surve you well. Just the learning aspect, learning to learn, of college might prepair you better for what is to come.

I don't understand why you can not both do the spiritual and the college. I did, and it worked for me.

The "Spiritual awakening" part is already been taken care of. It's called the Urantia book, and college will help you understand that book.

2012 is the real deal. There is nothing you can do now that will in any way prepair you for what is to come. So just do life as normal.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I'd like to know how you know its the real deal?

It could be to help make this world we live in into a terrified society, you know, its so much easier to control people begging for mercy.....

This is the other side of the coin nobody seems to be looking at!!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi there. Thanks for an inspiring message.

Though I don't think it's the end of the world. I do however hope for a new consciousness unfolding, making way for a new way of thinking and understanding the world and ourselves. I do think there will indeed be some possibly dire events unfolding the next few years as the Earth changes which may also coincide with new wars and other political tension.

So to make myself clear: I don't fear the upcoming changes as much as I anticipate them unfolding for better or for worse, and I am wondering how others are anticipating and what the personal implications for their lives are. In other words how do you guys anticipate the next few years unfolding and how does this affect you?

[edit on 13-7-2008 by AlphA1551]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join