It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New scans show evidence of water on the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It seems that the Pheonix Mars lander is not the only device currently finding evidence of water elsewhere in our solar system:

WASHINGTON, July 9, 2008 (Reuters) — Tiny green and orange glass balls brought back from the moon nearly 40 years ago by astronauts show evidence that water existed there from the very beginning, scientists reported on Wednesday.

They used a new method of analyzing elements in the lunar sand samples to show strong evidence of water, dating back 3 billion years.

Their study, published in the journal Nature, could support evidence that water persists in shadowed craters on the moon's surface -- and that the water could be native to the moon and not carried there by comets.

Source

Nearly 40 years later, we are still learning from these samples that were returned from the moon...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Great find, it truely is amazing the stuff they keep uncovering all these years on. I wonder if the moon did once have water then did it once have life there too ??

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Everyday, it seems, science is echoing the conspiracy theorists. Anybody think this might be a little wierd? Look I have a feeling there may be a base on the moon already. And maybe they'll ease us into it. Look out for sci-fi films of this theme soon.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ive just had another thought regarding the information posted here. Since it has been found that the moon once held water in some shape or form, is it possible that moon could have once been a planet that has died and has been caught in an orbit around earth ???

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I never understood the excitement over such "news".
Almost all bodies have water in one form or another. Most of the comets are ice. And whats the big deal if there is some crystallized water somewhere in this vast space ?

What is rare is liquid water in LARGE quantity and in stable form. (which means that it hold in liquid form for years and years not for some seconds or minutes).

There is an abundance of organic matter in the empty space and also on bodies. This universe is a place for life and it takes hold very FAST as soon as the right conditions are met.

What is rare is complex life forms (and intelligent ones are rarer, it seems). Of course we don't have proof, but that another matter.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I already covered this

ATS Thread

What secrets are nasa going to next ..... thats my question !!!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
They got traces of water from one little spoonful of surface dirt forty years later.
Either they got extremely lucky, Or there is water everywhere. Probably rivers of it underground.
Either that or it is a bone. Attempting to passify the people.

top topics

join