It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women 'using web for abortions'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Abortion is one of those sticky subjects that can offend so many people.

I personally am all for it as long as the father also consents to the abortion.

Unfortunately, the father does not receive any choice, but if the mother decides she wants to keep the child, the father is stuck paying child support.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am not saying abortion is either good or bad
that is up to each individual and the situation they find themselves in

this is all besides the point
While there is a need for an abortion
then that need will be met
No matter what !!!

You cannot take away such a need
by simply removing the abortionist
or by saying it is forbidden

Abortion was made legal because of the risks
from the unskilled back street abortionists
Who made money out of the desperation of pregnant women
and was also to blame for many a womens death
through bad and unhygienic pratices

one thing about the internet which is good
is that information and the right help can be found

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here's a question: can you remember what life was like at birth? No?? Well how do you suppose something that isn't even fully developed is going to know, either?

I think women have a right to an abortion, up to say 4 months. I don't like the fact people smoke, or do drugs, but others do. It's the same here - it's a personal choice.

As was said above - there are too many people on this planet, and having more just for the sake of morality is (frankly) stupid.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubyGloom
A woman's right, is to just say NO.
I agree with abortion in only two instances..
Rape
Incest

All else is completely preventable.
All else is murder.

Now I'm curious... Why is it OK to end a (presumed for this arguement) life in the event of incest or rape, but not otherwise? That is totally absurd.

If it is wrong to abort, it is wrong to abort. HOW the "life" began is irrelevant.

Still, I am of the opinion that, as the God of the Bible told the Hebrews, the soul enters the body "at first breath." Ergo, if it's murder to kill a fly or a cow or a chicken or a cockroach...then it's murder to abort. If it is NOT murder to kill these creatures, it is not murder to abort.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceara
If women don't want to get pregnant, there are many ways to prevent it altogether.

1. Find a guy who's been "snipped." (My preferred method lol)
2. Close the legs and say no.
3. Protection
4. Get tubes tied

All fine and good. Except in moments of passion, control is often lost, in relationships things can go sour and a pregnancy can become unwanted, the "protection" could fail, and of course there's always rape. And likely situations I haven't thought of.

There are many reasons women find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy, so to decide that that woman MUST keep a pregnancy to term is intrusive and absurd.

Oh, and do you know how much it costs to have tubes tied? (And what if you want kids later...?)

Sure, it's good

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubyGloom
Then let me rephrase..
In cases of rape or incest, I find it appropriate action to abort, as the effects on the child after birth are to heinous to inflict on anyone.

ROFLMAO! Sorry, the affects of neglect and abuse of unwanted children are not to be considered?

Oh, geez.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Well I was a "mistake" baby. And I am extremely glad that my mother did not abort me. She had the choice.

I wouldn't be here if she would not have taken the responsibilty of her actions. Like I said I wouldn't be here right now, I am a living breathing human being, with just as much a right to life as anybody else, so what gives people the right to take away the future life of someone, just because they don't want to take responsibility for their actions?

Irrelevant. Forcing "responsibility" on others is not a workable solution. Forcing a woman to have a child she does not want only ensures that a higher percentage of humans will be raised neglected and abused.

Geez, again.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

But he does have a point, yes a lot have good reasons and excuses, but what about those who don't? The regular sex without condom group.

You would think that the fact they don't want a baby SO much that they are going to end it's life, would stop them? that they would have done everything they could to not get pregnant in the first place.
Maybe we need to educate more women and men about this, it seems some of these guys "forget"?

Just to clarify I'm not talking about all men and women, there are many situations, like the one time passionate night without a condom etc, not them.
I'm talking about the ones that do it a LOT, everyday without protection but don't want a baby. It does not make any logical sense.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Here's a question: can you remember what life was like at birth? No?? Well how do you suppose something that isn't even fully developed is going to know, either?

I think women have a right to an abortion, up to say 4 months. I don't like the fact people smoke, or do drugs, but others do. It's the same here - it's a personal choice.

As was said above - there are too many people on this planet, and having more just for the sake of morality is (frankly) stupid.

Well that is kind of illogical.

Do you remember what life was when you were 5 months old?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Interesting to see that no matter how much restrictions government wants to put on women and targeting women reproductive parts will not stop the pursue of abortion by any means.

This type of control over human body parts only brings dangerous results on the women been restricted.

But as usual is all about saving the littler fetuses and let the the despicable sinner die.

The hypocrisy is just to thick to swallow.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Queen Maeve

Amazing, isn't it?

Amazing even still - how many of those creatures grow up to be monsters because their parents were never ready to make that transition. Simply because pregnancy is beautiful does not mean the results of it should be taken lightly, or undertaken at all.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
All life that contains the DNA of humanity must be protected as being "human being".

That includes what is living and growing in the uterus and that also includes all living beings that have had their species compromised through genetic modification with human dna.

[edit on 11/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
To reiterate what amonkey said. Men should have more legal choice in the right to choose since he is expected to support the child if she chooses to keep it. After our last child two years ago my wife got a tubal ligation (tubes tied) and yet she is now two months pregnant. I don't know if it has a soul but it does have a healthy heartbeat. If we chose to abort it would certainly be for selfish reasons.

I don't care if people choose to abort but I do believe most are out of selfish reasons such as "I'm too young", "it will interfear with my career", etc... As far as christianity goes, a soul would probably be grateful for abortion as it does not have to take that big risk of stepping onto the wide path that leads to eternal hell.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blairco
Amazing even still - how many of those creatures grow up to be monsters because their parents were never ready to make that transition. Simply because pregnancy is beautiful does not mean the results of it should be taken lightly, or undertaken at all.

I'm fed up with parents being always blamed because their grown children make monstrous decisions or engage in diabolical acts.

Each person is responsible for who she is. Full stop.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
All life that contains the DNA of humanity must be protected as being "human being".

That includes what is living and growing in the uterus and that also includes all living beings that have had their species compromised through genetic modification with human dna.

Humanity isnt a gene...its a certain mode of mind...*people* are not human...just most *people* are human...again its not a species,its a cullture and way of thinking....i'd class many other primates as people or humane...course thats just an opinion not use of words..but well your logic is flawed for one reason...what about the dna on your skin...or armpit....or nose...wham bam...little bit of sperm lovely human being...should we all start living in bubbles,stop washing...etc etc...agreed bit of a crap argument but it only reflects what you said....

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
Humanity isnt a gene...its a certain mode of mind...*people* are not human...just most *people* are human...again its not a species,its a cullture and way of thinking....i'd class many other primates as people or humane...course thats just an opinion not use of words..but well your logic is flawed for one reason...what about the dna on your skin...or armpit....or nose...wham bam...little bit of sperm lovely human being...should we all start living in bubbles,stop washing...etc etc...agreed bit of a crap argument but it only reflects what you said....

I find no merit in anything you have written here.

The only scientifically quantifiable way to define human being is through the DNA itself. (Related to it are the structures generated by the DNA.)

Perhaps later it will be possible to read the electromagnetic signatures of human beings to quantifiably demonstrate why that energy is different from other lifeforms. But we aren't there yet.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

Originally posted by Lethil

I find no merit in anything you have written here.

The only scientifically quantifiable way to define human being is through the DNA itself. (Related to it are the structures generated by the DNA.)

Perhaps later it will be possible to read the electromagnetic signatures of human beings to quantifiably demonstrate why that energy is different from other lifeforms. But we aren't there yet.

Yes well it is not about merit,just common sense and the realisation that woman should have the choice what to do with their body(although i will akcnowledge it makes me uber angry *especially here in the UK when young 19yo *slags* right word? get pregnant because the guy says it doesnt feel good when he uses a condom etc etc then they wonder why they are pregnant.on beenfits and their whole life wasted because they didnt use any common sense or planning....that does make me angry,but the choice should never be taken away....whatever people say...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PellevoisinThe only scientifically quantifiable way to define human being is through the DNA itself. (Related to it are the structures generated by the DNA.)

Please, in a scientific manner, explain what makes the human animal so special. You respect science, and obviously understand DNA...please enlighten the rest of us.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Just to make my position clear on this, I believe in a womans right to choice - I don't believe that misguided religious views should interfere with the emotional well being, physical health or safety of a woman who has an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy.

To me, this article underlines just how desperate some women are to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, despite the dangers posed.

It's time for the PTB to wake up in some parts of the world and recognise that women have the right to choose - after all these are decisions that will affect a womans life for years, and perhaps even decades after they are taken.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
a womans right to choose is before she decides to spread.........well you get the idea, just the same as if a boy isnt ready to be a father, keep it in your pants, how can you really agree with the murder of life, even if it is still being formed?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

Yeah and you were speaking "scientifically". Please do elaborate about that scientific dna and how it defines humans. Have the Christian scientists discovered the dna strand that holds the soul?

PLEASE enlighten us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join