It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H5N1: Team Of Scientists 'Turn Off' Host Genes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
As i mentioned a my previous thread, scientists have now identified 100 genes that host the Virus. Scientists have now taken this one step further and 'turned off' 3 of the genes that H5N1 needs to infect, once these genes were turned off they resisted infection. Could this be one giant step towards a vaccine, pill, cure and prevention ?

Fox

Article can be found here.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

Could it be a pretext for government to meddle with the genes of it's populace? I think Birdflu is some sort of conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Yer, a lot of people are almost convinced that bird flu has been grown in a lab much like how some people think that AIDS was created at Fort Detrick. I think that this is a possible way for the government to start playing with our genes as we all know they want too so much. Personally i think that H5N1 is a real disease and is going to kill a lot of innocent people unless something is done about it fast. I don't like the thought of the government having this kind of power of my work, social life and now my genes; but until some one can prove beyond a doubt that either there is another way or that it is a fake. Then people are going to cue up for the cure.

Fox

new topics

join