It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking UFO News! - Stephenville, Texas Radar Report

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Oh, and I think people can stop dancing around the obvious. I am getting a bit weary of hearing "something was flying around that day." I hear it from researchers, folks following the study of ufos, debunkers, etc. Even Mr. Debunker was of the mind that "something was there."

It's obviously advanced technology, moves very quickly (ruling out things like balloon, blimps, etc), and the military has taken an interest. There is ONLY two things it could be. One: Our governments equipment. Two: Crafts not from this world. I don't know if that means from another solay system and planet, from another dimension, etc., but they are not from here. That imo, are the ONLY two explanations. If anyone thinkt hey can provide another alternative, I'd love to hear it. It would take billions of dollars to research something like that, ruling out everything except the governements of developed countries, that's it. Not even our richest corporations and individuals could do this.

So the viewpoint shouldn't be "something was flying around that day." It should be "It was either a United States military craft, or it was a vehicle that was not developed on our planet." Those are the only two options, imo.

So was it military, or not? Simple as that. I personally don't think so, for two reasons. One, we don't have technology that advanced (the amount of power it would take to make a craft hover without sound *and* air disturbance, and then accelerate at incredible speeds, well beyond anyone on the planet this moment), and two, if we didn't we certainly would not be flying it around over ranches and homes and cities. It's unsafe, and more important in the militaries mind imo, it would be a massive breach of security.

I wish folks like researchers would stop skirting around the issue, the time for that is past. If I were the fellow from UFO magazine, I would have in reply to the question about if he believed it were aliens, "I think it's a craft not from this planet, or our military."

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
So the viewpoint shouldn't be "something was flying around that day." It should be "It was either a United States military craft, or it was a vehicle that was not developed on our planet." Those are the only two options, imo.

Ah, you're being too modest with the "imo." Those are THE only 2 options, in FACT, except that the US military craft, if applicable, are of unrevealed technology; apparently of nonhuman origin.

Damn, it's good to hear some REALLY good news; with this and the corresponding Larry King show. I've been in a bit of a depressive funk lately, but this has really energized me! Peace and cheers.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think most of you deep down know that the military doesn't have a craft that hugh what does it take for people to stop denying I don't know. After the talk of this then we will go through worst with people fighting over who operated this.

I tell you this 1/2 by 1 mile craft isn't a mothership..... to small

Gathering ship

The government has to be very careful and deny because if not it would be in deep poo-poo from all the millions of people that have been taken. The government is in a no win situation and has be play stupid which I must admit they do an A+ job.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What about holograms. Some whistleblowers would have us believe that the US military's technology is alot more advanced than most people realise. They might already have satellites in orbit that can project holographic images anywhere on Earth. It would be the perfect tool for manipulating and brainwashing people.

How advanced is holographic technology - Some examples

Dancing holographic mouse

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Insightful article about The Super Secret Alien Government Conspiracy

Are aliens working with our governments in order to later reveal themselves?

By Greg Boone
UFOMafia.com

I think not. I just got an email from good ol' Vince White who is a one man wrecking crew in regard to getting full disclosure regarding aliens from our government. Vince is a really brave, and I mean brave man who fights a never ending battle for truth, disclosure, and the American Way.

However, on this one point I have to disagree with him. It's an issue I've batted back and forth with myself over the years. We've all heard stories about how our U.S. Government and other governments have known about the extraterrestrials and have kept the issue a secret beyond all attempts by their enemy governments to disclose the presence of extraterrestrials amongst us. We've heard and read stories about how these aliens have been behind great scientific discoveries, natural disasters, and even diaper rash.

I had to stop and think one day how could every government on Earth be so efficient that they could keep this covered up even when half of us hate the other half so bad that if we did know a secret why wouldn't we disclose it and ruin everything for our enemies? I pondered this and it just didn't add up. I do however understand that governments can keep secrets and the only way in heck these governments would mutually agree on keeping it a secret would only be because disclosing it would destroy any control our governments would have on us. Something like the aliens come from a more powerful and beneficial government that would sweep away anthing we've got on good ol' Earth. As grandiose as that theory was it still didn't make sense except for the greed factor because our governments can't even agree on air poisoning issues and one would expect breathing poison air would be very important an issue to handle.

Again, none of it made sense. I tried to incorporate that aliens didn't communicate with our governments and that it was all a sham and that disclosure was being controlled by hign end alien super intelligences that could whisk away crashed UFO debris and alien bodies. That they could wipe out memories en masse hiding their footprints from the brilliant human detectives who were hot on their trail. I was perplexed that how could beings that smart still crash, get caught on cousin Wilbur's pocket camera and still manage to evade the interests of the press whom we know are hard bent on reporting relevant news to increase our chances of survival like what new Miley Cyrus/ Hannah Montana adventure is a-brewing.

So again with the government conspiracies. Aliens working in secret with our elect or usurpers in high tech laboratories where the future miracles of technology will be revealed one day. I still don't buy it. Even so, let's say there is a semblance of truth to these stories. What kind of idiots are these extraterrestrials that they would only trust our politicians and world leaders? Can you name 5 world leaders or governments worth a flying fart that you would reveal your inner most secrets and such to? Democrat and Republican, how dopey are these extraterrestrials that they don't have a mysterious cosmic personal character machine that could detect crooked political slimeballs?

I'll admit with all our so-called supremacy as some love to call us humans the highest of life forms and supreme lords over the Earth but we still elected George W. Bush twice. Ever see the Mugabe elections in Africa? We're no champions on the stage of smarts ourselves and the aliens only want to work with our governments? That says a lot about these aliens doesn't it? The trust level is somewhere down there with used car salesmen and those late night real estate get-rich-quick infomercials. Can things get that low? I know they're one step lower than snake spit in quicksand but they belong there.

So, maybe these aliens aren't the happy go lucky benevolent aliens we see in those Stephen Spielberg movies. Maybe these aliens are more of the Snidely Whiplash brand from those old Dudley Dooright cartoons by the great Jay Ward. Maybe these aliens are just another brand of sucker of the P.T. Barnum measure.

Either way, if there are aliens and they're working in secret with our governments we don't want to know them. The old saying goes here, if you lay down with dogs you'll get fleas. In this case, if you lay down with politicians you'll get politicians.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just to give our gov't the benefit of the doubt for a second... Has anyone ever thought that maybe possibly yes they know they exist and we need to discover these truths on our own for our individual mental health about it. Maybe they are benevolent; so benevolent that they know that our collective conscience isn't quite ready for this knowledge so it is disclosed little by little. Maybe to ease us into each and everyone of ours own sanity about this truth.??

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Quick note for all those people asking why the military would fly secret aircraft over populated areas. Consider the possibility that they do it all the time using these types of technologies -

"Army tests James Bond style tank"
www.dailymail.co.uk...

"NASA Tech Brief - Adaptive Camouflage "
www.techbriefs.com...

It's a very plausible scenario that if this craft was ours that it used adaptive camouflage technology and there was a malfunction. Not to say I don't think it could have been alien, but it's not so simple an argument as "they wouldn't fly over populated areas so therefore it must be ET". This also goes a long way to explain why you couldn't see crafts of this size using satellite images in most cases (optical arrays on both top and bottom surfaces making them invisible from below and above).

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I want to point out that NONE of the radar data can confirm the size of the craft that the witnesses describe. Nor, of course can it confirm that gov't agents have intimidated witnesses. I think this story may be a little "taller" than a lot of people think. Everything is big in Texas....The tall stories, and the size of UFO's.

full disclosure: I believe UFOs were sighted in Stephenville that night. I just happen to think the story is being embellished for attention and ultimately, for money.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I've never really felt that the government was working with aliens. I think they can't catch them, they know they are there, and they don't want to admit: 1. They've been lying to us all along, and 2. They cannot stop a foreign agency from flying around at will anywhere they want over our soil. I think that's why the lack of disclosure. What good would telling us do, if they can't tell us anything else? "Yes, we know they are there... no, there is nothing we can do, sorry." At least, that's sort of where I've sat for years on that.

And I do not believe for a minute that they would fly a craft that not only is vastly, and I mean light-years, ahead of anything we currently have over civilian locations. Why would they disclose to other governments that they have this? They would not. Like the Stealth, they would keep it secret until it's time to use it. If they don't know we have it, they can't plan for it. You don't parade it around in front of people. Not even to test any sort of camoflauge / cloaking. You can do that just as easily over military installations.

That aside, I still don't think we are even remotely close to having the sort of technology that would allow this sort of flight, seriously. I can't even fathom it. We've never had a leap in technology that large in the past. It's not just propulsion, but the acceleration and also the size of the ship. Even if they did create a new sort of propulsion, I doubt their flagship test unit would be a massive device like the rancher saw.

As far as holograms goes, I could not begin to think why they would pick some kind of alien craft to depict to citizens. I also don't think we have stuff that advanced right now, that can be launched from a satellite. I don't know what the point would be. Why not planes and ground units, stuff that would actually be of use in military operations? What would be point of an alien ship be? I would put that theory way, way out in left field. Not saying it's impossible, I just can't think of a reason why they would do that. When at a time the government is trying to deflect from the truth of UFOs, that would be the last thing I would think they'd choose as in image.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have to say after watching the Larry King Show that the one guy who was standing directly beneath the craft (I forget his name), on his land, sounds to be very credible.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
I want to point out that NONE of the radar data can confirm the size of the craft that the witnesses describe. Nor, of course can it confirm that gov't agents have intimidated witnesses. I think this story may be a little "taller" than a lot of people think. Everything is big in Texas....The tall stories, and the size of UFO's.

full disclosure: I believe UFOs were sighted in Stephenville that night. I just happen to think the story is being embellished for attention and ultimately, for money.

That's pure supposition on your part. You don't know the character of the witnesses, or that they are even getting monies for presenting their stories. You are basing your opinion that they are exaggerating the story based on what facts?

Multiple witnesses that do no know each other, triangulation, and radar returns do prove they are not lying about the sightings. The rancher in particular, does not seem at all like the sort that would embellish a story. Of course, that's just supposition on my part as well, I don't know the fellow personally.

But the witnesses seem quite credible. I cannot think why they would embellish. To me it seemed as if the rancher was PO'd at the military, from how he described it, it did not seem fake. I do hope someone is able though, to investigate, and see if his phone received a call from the base. That would go a long way to proving his story.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Yes, I am making a supposition on the radar and wether it could confirm size, but that fact is according to the radar expert's own words on the show last night.

I can't speak to their character either, I don't know them..I only can go off the words that come out of their mouths. Also, I don't know that they are not getting money either. If they are, more power to them.

How do you or anyone know if they don't know one another?

Was something on radar and triangulated? Yes I don't argue that something wasn't actually sighted or picked up on radar.

Yes, a phone record would be rather helpful.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
What about holograms. Some whistleblowers would have us believe that the US military's technology is alot more advanced than most people realise. They might already have satellites in orbit that can project holographic images anywhere on Earth. It would be the perfect tool for manipulating and brainwashing people.

Well, do holograms show up on radar as targets?

I don't know much about radar, but I'm pretty sure holograms wouldn't show up on radar. At least, it wouldn't return anything the radars would even consider of interest.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The second youtube vid you posted is fake, the guy admits it on his website...

The third one linked up to a very interesting website, Holophile (Holography History), where a very comprehensive history of holography is laid out. I was very interested with the whole read, particularly the end, discussing current day applications:

The Air Force Scientific Research Office has taken the wraps off a research project that uses holography to create high-definition, 3-D images.

I think that it is very interesting that they are capable of high-definition 3D holographic images and may actually lend a bit of credence to the various holograph theories, Blue Beam, etc...

However, in this case, with the report produced by MUFON, it is pretty clear that the objects in the sky were real tangible objects and not hallucinations/holographs/chinese lanterns/swamp gas and so on. That is not to say that this is 100% alien or 100% military, we simply don't know, but it certainly was a very large thing that is unlike any thing that we know of...

Anyways, sorry to go off on a tangent, but great post OP, and great work MUFON!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

disclosure=the end of our world, IMHO......

most people who hav seen deeply into the 'alien' situation see disclosure as a detrimental things. the truth is so much weirder and complex than the 3-dimensional human mind can comprehend (unless you've been through the 'Majestic Initiation' like me) that the 'truth' will most likely remain hidden from the masses, just as it has been since the stone age.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
Yes, I am making a supposition on the radar and wether it could confirm size, but that fact is according to the radar expert's own words on the show last night.[...]
Was something on radar and triangulated? Yes I don't argue that something wasn't actually sighted or picked up on radar.

You haven't read the report have you?

I will quote you some relevant passages:

Since most witnesses will overestimate the apparent size of an object, a range of 0.5-1.0 degrees will be used in the calculation. This gives a size for the object of between 524 feet and 1,048 feet.[...]

As with the previous witnesses we will havle the apparent size so that we look at a range of 1.5-3.0 degrees. This gives a size of the object of between 912 and 1,825 feet.[...]

Using the two distances as a range, the apparent size of the object, and assuming that the apparent size could have been smaller (0.5 to 1.0 degree), the resulting size of the object is between 1,400 feet and 3,300 feet.

They calculated the size of the object and took into consideration that people might have exaggerated the size and accounted for that.

Their conclusions:

As to what these witnesses saw, it is difficult to determine. It was not any known aircraft. The enormous size of the object, its complete silence, and its ability to travel at high rates of speed and to also remain stationary or travel at slow speeds, is not explained by any known aircraft. The smallest size calculated from witnesses descriptions was 524 feet and most of the calculations based on approximate distance of the object and witness descriptions of degrees of the sky covered by the object indicated an object closer to 1,000 feet in size.

So people have an idea, an F-16 is 49 feet. Whatever it was, it was big.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't think what Ricky saw was a hologram. And anyone who thinks Angelia or Ricky are making money off of this is just WRONG.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just bumping this one to keep in on the front page. Forgive my one line.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

From your own post......

""The smallest size calculated FROM WITNESSES DESCRIPTIONS..."""(emphasis mine)

I say again...the radar data does NOT confirm what the witnesses described. Re-watch the show, this is stated. I'd love to be proven wrong on this. I'll be the first to admit it.

Believe me, I wish it would have. When I heard the radar expert say this, my heart sank. I wanted to see incredible speed, and a confirmation of size.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm curious. Can someone explain to me why there is no mention of the dancing lights displaying different patterns showing the primary colors?

Why is this not discussed? Why is there only focus on testimony of bright orbs accelerating at high speeds and no mention of the strange virus type shapes in the night sky? I'm sure everyone on the Larry King panel has viewed the tape, including Larry. Why no mention of the virus lights? Does anyone else find this odd?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

This was not mentioned in the show of course, but this was debunked here at ATS even before UFO Hunters did it on their show. It was a camera anomoly, most likely showing a bright star.

It looked cool though, cool enough to show the squiggly star for a few seconds.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join