It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking UFO News! - Stephenville, Texas Radar Report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Fantastic, a lot of questions i had have been covered by the report, some answers where not what i expected to be honest, i was certain it would all come down to training that came across an odd UFO flying around, it sounds more and more to me while im thinking about it, that maybe the UFOs where doing a search for something they lost?

It also has me wondering as the report said why where all the radar tapes wiped from the Aircraft themselves? it wasnt like it was weeks or even days for that matter before the story broke, and the Military where aware of the publics concern about the freedom these objects had during the incidents, the way the Military responded to the FOIA requests saying the capacity of these tapes is limited, so therefore they had been recorded over??

Isnt that illegal?

After reading the MUFON report (excellent BTW) i can only consider the fact that something is being hidden on purpose, nothing new there right?

I have to admit i thought the AF lied about 10 jets being airborne at the time as did many others, This does not alter the fact that the UFOs where caught on radar and confirms the testimony of witnesses.

So it was true, people did witness UFOs, and there is nothing pointing to them being of Military origin, either by the radar information released, or by statements issued by Military spokespeople, or any of the eye witnesses.

Does this mean we have positive proof of UFOs, we didnt need proof of UFOs, we did need proof they are Extraterrestrial however, which this report cant do.

I guess its upto the individuals concerned what they believe they where, ive always believed most UFOs where ET, like i think this incident was, and nobody would convince me otherwise without very strong evidence.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have always put the Stephensville lights phenomena at the top of my most believable UFO's list. This is exciting news. It seems that these types of sightngs have increased. Some of the UK sightings seem to be very much like the Stephensville sightings. Does anyone know if there has been anything captured on film this time around... maybe we will see tonight on Larry King?

oops... I thought it said June 2008. Not a new sighting just paperwork and press releases of eye witnesses to it. My misunderstanding.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by anyone]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thanks for all your compliments and U2U’s so far, I really appreciate it, but it is really no big deal from me because I am only the messenger and all the credits are of course deserved by the people of www.mufon.com... for there excellent work for making such a important report.
And this is an important one, no doubt about that.
I won’t take to much time here now because I have just get other Breaking News, I just become a proud grandpa of a healthy grandson Nick,
My wife, now a proud grandma and I go now to my son and daughter-in-law to see this little one.

Regards.

[edit on 11/7/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I've been waiting to hear more out of this case~! Glad to see the data results.

Loving the site you posted..www.ufocasebook.com~!

thanks !

Originally posted by ufo reality
Nice...

Looks like the UFOs were on a direct path to the Crawford Ranch. BJ Booth at www.ufocasebook.com... was right when he posted an article a few months back that the Secret Service made him take down. Now I know why...........HE WAS RIGHT!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Cha-Ching

This is awesome, and is the best thing that has happened in a long time. I just skimmed through the report and it was very well presented.

This report is the best tool that we have to make a good push for disclosure. Thank you to all of the hard working people at MUFON, your efforts will make a difference.

This just seriously made my day.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

why didn't the authors send a FOI request to NORAD?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Who thinks it would be awesome if the ufos were Daleks?
Right so great post!!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The report is actually around 44 pages in essence (77 including everything).
I found these things most interesting:

- From radar data the min. size of object is over 500 feet.
- It had no responders (was not of any known tech and was not following rules)
- The radar trace is very strange (see the snapshots)
- The max velocity is 1900 mph, from the data. Its not sure whether it is meaningful here.
- Some interesting plots from the report :

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
- The max velocity is 1900 mph, from the data. Its not sure whether it is meaningful here.

There's a few references to another speed: 2100 mph. Which if my calculations are correct, it would mean something like Mach ~2.8.

Radar detected an unknown object 7 miles due north of Selden at 3 seconds after 6:15pm. Radar detected a second unknown object 20 seconds later that was northwest of the first detection and about 9 miles north of Stephenville. This movement mimics what the primary Selden witnesses saw when they described the object coming in from the northeast then moving to north of their position and then to the northwest of their position, before becoming stationary to the west. If the two unknown objects picked up on radar are one and the same, then the object moved at about 2100 mph.

I think, however, the most important detail of this report, was the trajectory of the unknown:

Much more important than the possible sudden acceleration shown by the object is its trajectory heading. This object was traveling to the southeast on a direct course towards the Crawford Ranch, also known as President Bush's western White House. The last time the object was seen on radar at 8:00pm, it was continuing on a direct path to Crawford Ranch and was only 10 miles away.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by danx]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Now this is exactly what I was looking for when I joined this site a couple weeks back. I love cases like this. It is THESE cases, studied carefully, with very reliable sources (i.e. radar in particular), which will really help progress studies, and finally get our goverment to divulge information.

There are a couple of other cases I'll have to search this site for, that really interested me. One was I think in Missouri, where a UFO was spotted by many sources (truck driver, filmed by a police officer, etc), from different towns in a span of time. It was rather like this one, and I'd like to know if a serious study was done of it. Another was older, but even better, as it had a UFO that was followed by two air force jets. Caught on radar and followed, the UFO was playing keepaway from the jet, and kept out of reach no matter how fast the jet went. It easily outdistanced the fastest jet at the time, which is what makes it so reliable, and was seen by two towers, folks on the ground, not to mention the pilot.

Great stuff, will have to read in detail later. The whole "heading for the ranch" thing really makes it sort of surreal though. Makes me wonder if it was perhaps ours, unless aliens have regular meetings with Bush at his home away from home.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Click on the image to enlarge for reading ...

VIDEO :- www.youtube.com...

Source :- www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com...

After studying more then 2 hours this 77 pages report i think one thing for sure that over GOv hiding some thing from Us for sure.If we talk about last few months ufo sighting lots of activity is going on.Here in Uk we have UFO flap and when this report came out over internet finally i think we need to ask our gov to explain whats going on & i think people are smart now day and they know what is flares and what are real ufos.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by alien_soul]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This has to be one of the best detailed analysis of an event that has come along. The fact that radar and multiple witnesses coincide within a very acceptable margine of error leave little doubt that this was a UFO, though belonging to who is unanswerable at this time. (The performance details of 1900-2100MPH at the very least point to an unknown technology base.)

This needs to be made as public as possible, and for that reason, I urge everyone, even the casual reader, to Flag This Thread.

I feel sure that the debunkers are even now beating their heads against the wall in an effort to find something to use, but it would seem that for once, they may not have their way in screaming fake till everyone turns away from the evidence. And as a community, we cannot let this just go away.

I would suggest copies of this be emailed to every MSN source in the nation and beyond.

Kudos to MUFON. :up

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
MOD

" I feel sure that the debunkers are even now beating their heads against the wall in an effort to find something to use, but it would seem that for once, they may not have their way in screaming fake till everyone turns away from the evidence. And as a community, we cannot let this just go away."

)
)
)

I think this time no one call it flares and make those feel like stupid who really witness it ..let me tell you mu uncle here in usa witness this ufo sighting too

but still i dnt find this news in main stream media whats going on cover up .........or media black out?????

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Springer, has this report given you any feelings of "Deja Vu" yet?

Consider, a large, unidentified, aircraft appears, apparantly from out of nowhere, in US airspace. It encroaches on, or potentially encroaches on a restricted air-traffic area, lingering for a period of time more than long enough to enable a security response from the appropriate authorities...

Yet no response is forthcoming.

Remind anyone of the O'Hare incident?

Another thought:

As I've demostrated in many past threads, I'm no math whiz; however, it seems to me that with the infromation available from this report could some work up a possible mass for this "visitor", given currently known materials?

If the craft was 500-1000FT long and capable of speeds of 1900-2100MPH, how powerful would its engine(s) have to be if it were to utilize aircraft aluminum or carbon-composits? (not saying it did of course!)

The reason I ask? I don't think anyone on this planet has an engine, or engines, capable of flying anything that large, that fast.

With no sonic boom. At less than 5000Ft altitude.

"...Panic and distrust of the Government" (from Mr. Booth's quote) ?

You Betcha!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't think its been mentioned yet, but:

www.cnn.com...

Larry King Live: We are revisiting the Stephenville, TX UFO case. Witnesses for the first time speak out! Plus, our guests include three of the History Channel's UFO Hunters!

9PM ET/6PM PT

Now it's time for me to start reading... Thanks for posting this.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I just called and spoke with Major Karl Lewis again. He's the head of 301st Fighter Wing Public Affairs, and the guy who put out the one and only press release stating there were 10 F-16s flying a training mission after he had first said there were no planes in the sky on January 8th. Funny how I am able to talk to this guy but the History Channel UFO Hunters dorks weren't able to on their Stephenville episode.

I asked Mr. Lewis if he knew about the Stephenville show on Larry King Live tonight. He said no he wasn't aware of it.

I'm sure they're tracking the heck out of me by now. But that's OK...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Not only that, but it would have to be VTOL, as the report states that it stops moving at some point.

For another thing, can someone answer me as to why the pilots would just ignore this?

I mean, I know some military guys, and the average pilot from the average base, would not just let this go.

Did they lie to our pilots?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelsonDid they lie to our pilots?

Yes. I have no doubt.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alien_soul

I think they're trying to figure out just the right way to present it. If you spend years laughing at UFO reports, and then one as credible as this, complete with radar analysis by people that you can't write off as "just another couple of kooks", comes out, it has to be hard to do a 180.

But to rub their noses in this, we need to make sure it gets the attention it deserves. That was why I asked people to flag it. ATS gets noticed, and the first MSN to break ranks may open a floodgate of demands for disclosure.

One point that cannot be overstated is that in a post 9/11 world, whatever this was, it traveled into restricted airspace near Bush's ranch. You just can't ignore that part, no matter who owned the object.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

My first, "gut instinct" conclusion:

The government/military know that these "things" are not "ours" (not of this Earth) and They have been warned, convincingly, and in no uncertain terms, NOT to interfere.

Kinda explains the "Public panic and Distrust of the Government" reasoning the Secret Service allegedly provided, doesn't it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join