It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking UFO News! - Stephenville, Texas Radar Report

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shhmeat

"ET's don't exist" is making a big assumption without having all the facts. The entire point of UFOlogy is to look at facts and facts alone and come to a conclusion based on the witness testimony and the evidence. Noone in MUFON is trying to get people to believe in UFO's.. Even well known, well revered American astronauts have come forward claiming to have seen these objects in orbit. We have recorded radio transmissions of astronauts calling objects in orbit UFO's and alien spacecraft..We have NASA footage of objects appearing and disappearing in UV light wavelengths with no explanation, And we have a massive stockpile, in general, of UFO footage taken by our own space administration (yes, they are UFO's because they are unidentified). At least the more pertinent examples of unknown objects exhibiting behavior not associated with anything we would ordinarily expect to see in orbit).

People claim there is no evidence but there is actually an endless supply. The problem is that there ar so many hoaxers and talented CG artists that UFO's have been given a new-aged type of association in our society which is always looked down upon by most. And then we are forced to sift through all the evidence objectively because there's no way of knowing what is a hoax and what isn't until the evidence is looked at with a fine-toothed comb.

But make no mistake about it. There are some extremely well documented UFO cases that simply have no explanation. You can't just toss out the small percentage of credible, well-documented, multiple-witness cases of UFO's (compared to the larger percentage of hoaxes) just because you think UFO's aren't real..

There is no question that UFO's in general can easily be used as cover for actual covert military testing/operations. Area 51 is a classic example. But this doesn't in any way, shape, or form take away from the fact that there are MANY well-documented UFO cases that are extremely interesting that involve credible witnesses.. Sometimes even police, astronauts, airline pilots, military pilots, ETC..ETC... ETC... And many of these encounters have well-documented radio transmissions, personal accounts of events from credible witnesses who cannot not benefit in any way by lying (in some cases putting their reputations and careers on the line). Many a pilot have been grounded for coming forward with their UFO accounts..

This is a very real phenomenon that many may not take too seriously just because of the heir of looniness, how crazy it sounds, and how our society has come to view UFO's as being fit for crazy people with nothing better to do.. However, what pre-judged opinions people make simply don't matter.. The truth should be able to speak for itself and it does.. And many times the truth is stranger than we would like to believe.

Something is going on whether we like it or not. Regardless of who thinks what about it..

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shhmeat

You really need to believe your gov can pull something that good out of the hat dont you ? HA ! As if...
You may have PRIMITIVE anti grav but thats no biggie .
America is still clinging desperately to the belief that they are as good as it gets . Truth is most of your Tech is stolen from anywhere you can grub it up .

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

your assuming the radar data is 100% accurate and is being interpreted correctly. Shostak even asked the guy if the 2 dots could have been 2 seperate aircraft detected at 2 diffirent times. The guys answer was "yes that is possible" why would he say that when just 30 seconds earlier he very specifically presented it as 1 object travelling at 500mph?

their analysis , conclusions and presentation leave alot to be desired. They also never presented any data from a "normal" night to compare it. Did they even bother to look and see? i doubt it

[edit on 14-7-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

You're welcome. That link came to me via e-mail from my husband back in February that was forwarded to him from a friend. It mentioned a reporter being fired from the newspaper there, I'm guessing, because of a story she wrote having to do with the sighting of these lights. The person that originally wrote the e-mail claimed that the reporter lost her job due to pressure being put on the paper by the government.

I wish I could elaborate more but, that's all I know.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Not sure what extra lengths you expect them to go to.?

The analysis was done by a highly qualified person. They were seeking to confirm or dismiss, that a RADAR object was recorded from a number of ground based specific sightings. at very specific times. They had triangulated where the RADAR contact should be and then sought to find a commensurate record of such a contact.

Those contacts were there and confirm that. The people on the ground were, indeed, being truthful, in reporting an object in the sky.

Those contacts identified were nether carrying , or transmitting, any signal to identify themselves as either military aircraft or civil passenger carriers.

That's all that was asked for.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
well if someone was being objective and trying to find out if these radar returns are normal or not you would expect them to sample data from another night.

at least thats what any serious researcher would do. how do they know these radar contacts have anything to do with the "lights in the sky" claims? how do they know radar data like this isnt an every day occurence? they basically showed nothing they even interpreted & presented it one way knowing full well other possiblities existed.

its not the sort of research that satisfies me in any way

[edit on 14-7-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
well if someone was being objective and trying to find out if these radar returns are normal or not you would expect them to sample data from another night.

Quite frankly, the authors seem like people who aren't exactly novice when it comes to analyzing radar data.

Glen Schulze received his BSEE from Washington University in 1952. While in the U.S. Army he was assigned to White Sands Proving Grounds (WSPG). There, he participated in evaluating and improving a five antenna site Cooperative Chain Radar System for tracking high performance long range missile launches. His contributions to the WSPG radar system resulted in earning a letter of commendation from the Commanding General of the USA 4TH Army. In the 1960s Mr. Schulze provided a major service to the CIA/NSA in the successful recording of high powered Russian radar signals arriving at the Caribbean Island of Antigua after being reflected from the surface of the moon. In the 1970s Mr. Schulze was instrumental in the successful demonstrations of recording and reproducing radar antenna return signals at the FAA Atlantic City Labs for accident investigations which eventually led to the FAA incorporating the tape recording of all FAA radar antennas around the US.

at least thats what any serious researcher would do. how do they know these radar contacts have anything to do with the "lights in the sky" claims?

Because when they interpreted the data, it matched the sightings of the witnesses, time and location wise?

how do they know radar data like this isnt an every day occurence?

The unknown object(s) tracked were operating outside the MOA (Military Operating Area), without transponder beacons, in gross violation of FAA and military MARSA rules. Also, its trajectory is very worrying. It was exactly in the direction of the President's Ranch in Crawford and at the last time of contact it was only 10 miles away from it.

I doubt these are every day occurrences.

Furthermore, despite the origin of the object, the authors raise a legitimate question on why the inaction of the military aircraft, when in their opinion, they should have seen the object on their radar, especially in a post-9/11 world and taking into consideration the place and trajectory displayed by the object. They ask that the Air Force explain what their radar detected on the evening of January 8, 2008, and the reason as to why the military jets in the area did not react.

Regardless of the origin of the object, I think these are legitimate questions.

they basically showed nothing they even interpreted & presented it one way knowing full well other possiblities existed.

They showed that there was an unknown craft that displayed strange behavior flying, during the times and locations the witnesses described, directly towards the President's Ranch.

That's it. They do not make any claims on the origin of the object, or it's intent.

They speculate on several possibilities for some of the results of the radar data, but as I'm sure you have read the report, they explain why they came to the conclusions that they did.

What other possibilities are you suggesting?

[edit on 14-7-2008 by danx]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by spacevisitor

why does no european media report about the new radar findings?

Sorry Anonymous, I overlooked your question.

I don’t know so far if there where media reports in Europe about it, but there is the language problem you know, so many countries with so many different languages.
And I am a Dutchman, and the only foreign language I try to master is English as you can see.

It was posted on the Dutch Ufosite www.Ufoplaza.nl.

www.ufoplaza.nl...

and another www.niburu.nl

www.niburu.nl...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This was just posted on the Larry King Live site. 10 minutes from the show.

www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2008/07/14/lkl.ufo.sightings.cnn

[edit on 14-7-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Why would an object that can travel at high speeds spend over two hours just hovering around? Love the forums at A.T.S. and want nothing more than to contribute.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Why would you travel to another country just to wander round and look at the sights? Personally I would want to look around if I went to another planet.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Why would an object that can travel at high speeds spend over two hours just hovering around?

If you mean the big one you could see it perhaps like this, at least that’s what I think is a possibility.
Compare it in a way with an aircraft carrier, not direct in the manner of a war ship but more as some kind of a mothership.
Such a mothership carries possible a number of small ones and those small ones do there “jobs” here so to speak.
Therefore is/could the mothership hovering around for as long as necessary, even hours.
Just like the planes of an aircraft carrier who do there "jobs".
It is often see by witnesses that small “lights” came out of a bigger one and returned.
But it can also be like a message to us or the Air Force, like look people “here we are”.
We ain't swampgas, we are real.

But it is just a thought.

[edit on 15/7/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I honestly feel nothing of importance in Stephenville warrants the attention of aliens from dozens of light years away. There's nothing there other than hillbillies.

Bush wasn't even there. Nothing of importance is at Stephenville. Why would, if this was an alien mothership, be interested a place in the middle of hicksville.

The thought that intelliget beings from dozens of light years away just to come to the middle of hicksville just hover around scaring hillbillies and cows is ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

This whole premise is ridiculous. Why not go to places of significance, like the Capitol, or the Square or even Niagara Falls? Of all the places on EARTH they picked up a place called ERATH.

Did they punched in the wrong sequence of letters or something?

This whole incident is funny as hell......

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Shhmeat]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Lockheed Martin High Altitude Airship. (HAA)

The Stratospheric Platform System (SPS) dirigible operates just barely within the outer limits of the earth's atmosphere and is emerging as part of the military's 21st century transformational mindset.

SPS is an unmanned, powered airship that can maintain a relatively geostationary position at 70,000 feet. Lift is provided by helium that is contained in its envelope. Differential thrust, electric-powered props control the pitch and roll and keep it in position. With the advent of thin-film photovoltaic solar cells (capable of producing voltage when exposed to radiant light), commercially available fuel cells, and lightweight/high-strength fabrics, a high-altitude airship could stay on station weeks or even months at a time by generating its own power and keeping helium loss to a minimal amount.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shhmeat
And the best they came up with is dots on graph? And dots on videos? Don't waste my time.

Stephenville is such a bore.

Hi Shhmeat, no offence, but if this thread really was wasting your time and you find this Stephenville case really such a bore you never would wasting your time by posting so far 15 replies now in my opinion.

So therefore I assume, no I am convinced, that the longer you stay here and the more replies you make in this important Stephenville thread, proofs in fact that it’s exactly the opposite.

So please continue.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Indeed Spacevisitor.....lets continue!

From Anonymous:

Lockheed Martin High Altitude Airship. (HAA)

The Stratospheric Platform System (SPS) dirigible operates just barely within the outer limits of the earth's atmosphere and is emerging as part of the military's 21st century transformational mindset.

SPS is an unmanned, powered airship that can maintain a relatively geostationary position at 70,000 feet. Lift is provided by helium that is contained in its envelope.

A Blimp in other words, that flies (or hovers, in this case) at extreme altitude.

Although this is an interesting theory to try to explain the possibility of these Texas sightings, it fails on several counts.

1.) The (HAA) project was cancelled in 2007 by the (MDA) Missile Defense Agency according to the last paragraph of your source.

globalsecurity (one of my favs. For this kind of research…BTW) good find!

In FY08, the HAA program was canceled. Therefore, FY07 planned activities were modified to consolidate and finalize technical efforts in a manner which will enable efficient reactivation, if that is determined to be of value in the future. MDA cancelled the High Altitude Airship (HAA) program after FY07 because of budgetary constraints.

2.) The reported speed that the craft achieved (both by credible ground observers, and several radar tracks, (1900+MPH) would be an incredible advancement of current dirigible flight characteristics. Also the accel-decceleration rates are improbable.

3.) Also consider the lack of a sonic boom after displacing a very large (blimp size) volume of air-mass, at super-sonic speeds.

I do find it interesting that Lockheed has a large manufacturing complex at the naval base in Ft. Worth.

It might be possible that the HAA project mission has changed to one of low altitude
Propaganda dissemination. Possibly using its power generation capabilities to project
Holographic images into the night sky. Possibly over the heads of a highly superstitious and religious enemy, in a manner designed to frighten and distract. Could the Texas sightings be a test of just such a mission?

Just a thought.

Edit to add: Indeed Spacevisitor.....lets continue!

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Zeptepi]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here's a video of Constable Gaitan being interviewed about the Jan 8 Stephenville/Dublin sighting that was shown live on Fox News this morning:

Fox News

[edit on 7/15/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I honestly feel nothing of importance in Stephenville warrants the attention of aliens from dozens of light years away. There's nothing there other than hillbillies.

Bush wasn't even there. Nothing of importance is at Stephenville. Why would, if this was an alien mothership, be interested a place in the middle of hicksville.

The thought that intelliget beings from dozens of light years away just to come to the middle of hicksville just hover around scaring hillbillies and cows is ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

This whole premise is ridiculous. Why not go to places of significance, like the Capitol, or the Square or even Niagara Falls? Of all the places on EARTH they picked up a place called ERATH.

Can you at least attempt to be less derisive when you post? I came to this sight for intelligent conversation, not to have to listen to someone who argues with a 5th grade mentality.

UFOs have been sighted all around the globe, in many smaller villages and towns. While I may not know their motiviations in their visits, I know for a fact you don't either. It could be any of a thousand reasons, including geographical in nature—it may have nothing to do with the town or the residents at all. You are not being closed-minded, as much as rudely antagonistic in your views.

When archaelogists study sites, do they only hit the "big cities?" No, they study all civilizations, no matter how small. If we were visiting another world, I'd like to think we'd take the same approach to living civilizations, as we do to prior ones, and study all facets of life.

The fact that you stoop to making fun of the name of the county though, really makes me wonder what your point here is. You come off as a trollish, immature debunker.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Who nows maybe there is some amazing cure to an infectious disease in Texas..... Fact is plain and simple we do not know why, who or what was flying around. Just that something was indeed there. So just get over it, people are going to talk about this till it dies down. O and it will just like Chicagos O'hares UFO.

Btw even if they say the president was not at the ranch, who really knows the answere to that besides the secrete service.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Starwatcher]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Hmm looks like a big blimp to me, nothing at all like the witnesses described. Unless the U.S. government has secretly built its first starship I have to take the witness accounts first hand and believe this was not from these parts.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join