It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking UFO News! - Stephenville, Texas Radar Report

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I saw the show on Larry King and what I liked about it most was the 2 gentleman from MUFON spoke in highly scientific terms, were matter of fact and straight to the point. The debunking astrophysicist with SETI eventually ended up looking stupid with his rebuttals. I could tell he was running out of answers in a hurry hidden under his smirks. Besides, many of the witnesses were totally open to the event being a Military operation with technology or under ET control.

The astrophysicist debunker was highly opposed to the ET theory.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

How do you know for shore then that it is a military experimental aircraft?

Eh. It's called Occam's razor. There is only that possibility of that happening, as I see NO CONCRETE EVIDENCE in the existence of ET or their craft.

If there is an entity with the money, the power, the know how it's the military industrial complex. They spend billions like nothing. It's more logical than some bug eyed 3 foot grey midgets travelling from dozens of light years away just to play hide and seek, abduct and anal probe people and terrorize cows.

Originally posted by spacevisitor

When I see all your remarks I see indeed that there are people who still living in a cave.

Good knee jerk response. Typical response from a believer of faith being forced into a corner. What I meant is we should not be surprised like cave men having sighted their first airplane. Technologies are advancing faster then we can imagine and we should not be surprised if this was the works of the military industrial complex. If you read Janes' weekly they have mentioned about the military having antigravity technology is more highly than likely then people imagine.

YOu can seacrh in YouTube about an interview with the editor of Jane's weekly personally saying this. I don't have time to search for it.

Originally posted by Shhmeat
Give me a corpse of an alien or a working alien craft, THEN, and ONLY THEN
that the existence of ETs can be confirmed. Until then you guys are just blowing venus gas.

Quite obvious you have blowing to much swamp gas.

yet another knee jerk response from a believer of faith having forced into a corner.

Tell me now. Why isn't there any concrete evidence other than blurry photos and hoaxes? If you are going to answer with the same inflamatory knee jerk response again, consider quitting looking for aliens and do your yourself a favour by not wasting your time looking for imaginary beings.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
reply to post by roadgravel

We established early on in this event that President Bush was supposedly not at the ranch on January 8.

I was trying to find backup to the only reference which was a few words in the report of 'The president was not a the ranch on Jan 8, 2008...". It does look like he left in the evening on that day from the east coast.

Flying to Israel, Wondering About New Hampshire

By Michael Abramowitz
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE, Jan. 9--Welcome to the latest iteration of our On the Plane blog, on which I will try to offer a little extra color and analysis from President Bush's eight-day trip to the Middle East. I am writing this while literally on the plane, on Air Force One, which took off Tuesday evening from Andrews Air Force Base for the roughly 10-hour flight to Jerusalem.

They say that covering the president is akin to being inside a "bubble." Never have I felt this more than when we lifted off from Andrews, less than two hours before the results would be known from New Hampshire, the epicenter of the political world on Tuesday.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Eh,
Why are you people so excited about about some few dots on a graph? These are so ho-hum.
These turn of event proves nothing.

It proves that there was something unknown flying there, after the Military first not even acknowledging that they had F-16s flying. Then they said they did in fact had planes doing an exercise and all people did was misidentify 10 F-16s.

The radar now proves that, besides the F-16s, there was something else flying.

Does it prove it was alien? The data by itself, no. But we have said this numerous times, it's written on the report and the authors said it doesn't prove it's alien on Larry King.

So what if that was a 500 ft long object? That proves nothing other than the military has 500 ft aircraft capable of silent flight.

That's a double standard, it doesn't prove it's military either. It might be terrestrial, it might be extra-terrestrial.

So this proves NOTHING out of the ordinary other than military exprimental aircraft. BIG DEAL.

Again, it doesn't not prove it's alien, but it doesn't prove it's terrestrial either. But it is a big deal, because it proves, once again, the military was lying and that it was flying directly towards the President's Ranch.

And even if it is a military experimental aircraft as you claim, you think it's plausible that they were flying an experimental aircraft, apparently of incredibly size, right into the President's Ranch?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by danx

Where does the data show the object had "incredible" size? "Witness" reports from an earlier date described "incredible size". The reports were of lights in the sky, that's all. Too many people here are injecting Ricky's unsubstantiated report of the craft's size from his "story" in mid-december.

They are mutually exclusive.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
The reports were of lights in the sky, that's all.

Exactly in the places that some witnesses said they witnessed a huge craft, yes. You can't just accept one part of their testimony as valid. If this part of their testimony has been proven right by the radar data (the location) is it such a stretch to accept the part of their testimony about the size of the object? Especially since so many different witnesses said it was big?

Too many people here are injecting Ricky's unsubstantiated report of the craft's size from his "story" in mid-december.

That's merely your assumption. And besides, it doesn't hold water because the first time Ricky spoke about his sighting was January 14 to the Associated Press.

Next argument please.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
well it would be nice if they had radar data from another night to compare. Are unidentified radar returns common in this area? could be military or is it just false returns due to weather conditions etc.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hi Shhmeat, you are angry isn’t it, and I don’t understand why because I said nothing so much different then what you said.
But perhaps I overreacted a bit, so no hard feelings and let’s forget it.

If there is an entity with the money, the power, the know how it's the military industrial complex. They spend billions like nothing.

You are right about that, they spend indeed billions and even trillions sins 1947, so where do you think much of there high-tech know-how is really coming from?

It's more logical

Because it seems more logical it doesn’t mean it is impossible.

than some bug eyed 3 foot grey midgets travelling from dozens of light years away just to play hide and seek, abduct and anal probe people and terrorize cows.

You obvious underestimate there intelligence, there technology and there capabilities, and most of all we don’t know why they are here and what their different agenda’s are.

Typical response from a believer of faith being forced into a corner.

I am absolute not forced into any corner, I post my opinions backuped by the available credible information and study that subject for more then 36 years now.

Tell me now. Why isn't there any concrete evidence other than blurry photos and hoaxes?

There is more then enough evidence, the blurry photos are the result of there technology and hoaxes are just a pain in the XXX.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I hope someone does a follow up interview with Ricky Sorrells in a few weeks. This is obviously not going to die down any time soon. He's probably getting buzzed a lot this weekend.
I still think this is oddly similar to the Bakersfield CA sighting by those two skydivers. Remember that one, folks?
And Seth Shostak must be getting the short end of the telescope over this. I'd thumb the classifieds if I were him.
Reminds me of that line from Douglas Adams: "What's the use of sitting up half the night arguing about whether there may or may not be a God, if this machine only goes and gives you his phone number in the morning?"

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
In ref. to the radar graph; does the distance between the dots represent anything, i.e. speed?
Is there something to be inferred there?

There is plenty to be seen. All the data tell you why the UFO was there. The problem is that the UFO topic only runs on the real/not real debate, which is boring to a vast majority, but some folks, including MUFON, like it that way.

You would have to see the dynamic version of the radar reading to compute the speed of the tracked object.

There are two highly visible points of interest: after the UFO becomes invisible to the radar, it resumes it's visibility, either by climbing to the altitude that enables it to be seen by the radar or by the pilot disabling the radar counter-measures. Both points of re-appearance agree exactly with the longitude and latitude markings on the chart. Coincidence?

Nope . . .

The aliens want you to zoom in on the satelite photo of the location indicated by the crosshair. There is something there to be seen. But since the UFO fans mostly see the aliens as human flesh-eating imbeciles, the idea that the aliens can communicate through UFO sightings is a foreign one.

The projected path of the UFO flight nearly intersects Crawford Ranch that belongs to George Bush. Perhaps the aliens got craving for "the first human flesh" and attempted to canibalize the First Lady Laura Bush. Mmmmm, yummy.
Case closed.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

... "It's for national security" And in this day and age, with all the muslim extremists, I can't blame them.

Sorry I've been away for longer than expected. That's the exact mentality the dehumanizing Spooks want from the populace; blithering fearmongering. Again, cooler heads must and will prevail. Freedom and nature lovers (freethinkers or the like) have nothing to hide or worry about.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
To Shhmeat:

While it may seem a simple thing to flippantly disregard a 500 foot silent aircraft as being designed by our military, perhaps you have bothered to do any studies in regard to the challanges of creating even a "silent aircraft." This research has been ongoing for a long while. The biggest issue being the larger the craft / payload (talking jumbo jets here), the more difficult it is to keep it silent. The challanges of creating a silent craft of that size, that disturbs no air and ca remain silent while hovering? That's another whole ball of wax. In flight it's easier to remain aloft. Stationary, it takes a lot more power to do this.

So while I believe our governement is constantly developing new technologies, I don't believe for a moment they have developed an entirely new propulsion technology that allows this. I've looked at various propulsion technologies and their research, and I don't care how much money they have throw at it, I don't think they've made leaps in technology to surmount the issues they have with stuff like magnectic propulsion.

Also, the military wouldn't be testing what would be the most powerful technology on the planet over a regular U.S. town. Why would they do thta? That makes no sense at all.

Finally, giant, silent aircraft are nothing new. In the year 2000, a similar case was studied (and is still being studied) in Illonois.

www.ufoevidence.org...

It was the size of a football field as they described it, and also, completely silent.

While I see many people trying to be very careful to not say "that was definately an alien UFO," you apparently have no problem disregarding a giant silent craft as being our militaries, without even pondering why. Just because they spend billions on black projects doesn't mean a thing, and certainly isn't any sort of proof this was theirs.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by fleabit]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here's a link to the official Stephenville Lights website if anyone's interested and didn't already know about it. Apologies if someone beat me to it.

stephenvillelights.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WarrenPiece

If they do anything to Ricky Sorrells he'll call me along with Angelia Joiner and James Fox and it will be all over the news again. The military doesn't want that...I think they tried to force him to shut up at first (which worked to an extent until the Larry King show), but doing anything now is pointless for them

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I sense a bit of rancor and hostility creeping into this thread folks, and that needs to be put in check. So far this has mostly been a good discussion about a report, so lets keep it clean and civil.

On the side of it being military in origin, and yet the witnesses, and radar data, being correct, would require several things that at this time raise more questions than they answer.

1) The technology to effectively accelerate to high speeds and decelerate very quickly. Creeping along at about 50MPH and going over mach 2 within seconds, and the reverse, would take a toll on a human pilot that seems to be beyond our current technologies. Even if the craft could withstand such, it would be another thing for a pilot. (Which of course leaves an unmanned option open.)

2) Because size estimates, even figured downward as was done, give us a problem with parking this huge "thing" out of sight, as would be logical for any "Black Tech" military craft, we are left to wonder where could this thing be kept when not in flight? I doubt there are too many hangers capable of 500' to 1000' craft, yet secret enough to be secure.

3) Holgraphic imaging gives us a problem with the radar returns, as a holographic image, being light, should not have mass, therefore no return on radar. Yet, if a craft had a "core" unit that was solid in some way, and the holograph was a projection to confuse ground observers, we could have a small craft that appeared very large to those who saw it. (This would explain some of the "exagerration" factor that worries some folks.)

But what would be the point, other than perhaps a fear factor? In combate, radar is a primary source for aiming weapons, so even though a human enemy might "see" a big target, the weapon system, a low grade form of AI, would aim at the core mass to fire. (Also any heat seeking/homing device would not likely be fooled by optic illusions.) It might have some use for the older point and shoot shoulder fired rockets, but hardly worthwhile in this day and age.

4) Testing in a populated area, while not totally out of the question, considering that many military leaders are less than MENSA level, seems unlikely. And how many test craft would the military have permission to fly near the President's ranch? Even if you wanted to check public reaction, or lack thereof, doing it near Crawford, Texas seems a real stretch.

5) Craft owned and operated by another government? Again, unless you wanted to chance provoking a war, why fly it near Crawford? (And I just don't see terrorists with that level of gadgetry, especially ones that rely on box cutters.) Besides, how did this craft penetrate so far into our national airspace undetected? Any forign government having craft, without transponder signals, that can "appear" so far inland before being noticed means either we need to turn National Defense over to the Texas Air Force and their vintage equiptment, or we are so outclassed we may as well surrender now.

So, IMHO as it stands now, we have too little information to determine exactly what we are looking at with this event, and yet too much information to allow us to come close to fitting it into any of the nice neat catagories where we could write this off as even likely to be explainable.

As a side note:I would suggest that some investigator needs to do a FOIA search for the hours just prior to, and just after, the ones framed in this report. Perhaps a better understanding of where this came from, and where it went, could be gleened bu such an endeavor.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
We need someone to break this report down into simpler terms, I suggest breaking into categories like

FACT:

An unknown object was in the area. At first the military denied this.
Some movements it made were not normal for craft we know about.

POSSIBLE/SPECULATIVE:

It may have travelled as fast as 2100mph if it was just one object.
It may have been larger than (conservatively) 524 feet if the witnesses are correct.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett

Great post.

Facts are what mufon were trying to deal with.

Having Ricky there with his incredible story...(which may or may not be true, since he and UFO Reality are friends)....starts dealing with speculation. His sighting has nothing to do with the radar data.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett

Thats pretty dangerous there bobafett...you might make the debunksters hurt in a bad way and end up desintegrating their rebuttals.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom
Here's a link to the official Stephenville Lights website if anyone's interested and didn't already know about it. Apologies if someone beat me to it.

stephenvillelights.com...

Thanks for mentioning that link soldiermom.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by starcraft

I suppose that the Larry King show put on the people that they thought would draw the largest audience for them. There was debate almost until showtime as to who would actually go on. Most, if not all, were willing to give up their spot to ensure that the radar evidence was presented

There have been additional reports of an actual craft by persons other than Ricky Sorrells, including three police officers. ATS Member UFOreality knows Mr. Sorrells just as I do, through investigating the Sorrells sighting. I have been to the Sorrells ranch, personally spoken with Ricky and heard him explain what he saw as he showed me where he saw it. None of the witnesses have made a dime from this event.

The dash cam video is supposedly tied up in legal limbo. The deer cam video likely has a logical explanation, which some of us are still working on.

The study of all of the various angles of this case will go on for years.

[edit on 7/13/2008 by TheAvenger]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join