It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangerous clauses of the Patriot act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The PATRIOT ACT...

Section -- 802 -- Amendments to previous definition of "terrorism" US code 3077(1)
and 2331

Interpretation of the law...

A fluid and debatable sting of words intended to guide, frame
and/or expand any legal debate by using terms, references, definitions and active or passive key words or phrases...

Law is not black and white -- Simply put much of law depends of who is passing the judgment, their views and notions.

AND AWAY WE GO!

a (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are
a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or
of any State;

Now if you had to explain to me what the part "(A)" above meant what would you say???

What does "acts" mean to you?

What does "dangerous" mean to you?

"Violation of (WHAT/WHICH) criminal laws of the United States or of any State" ?

Do you see the quandary?

Now another example:

--`(B) appear to be intended--

Now the word "appear" --

Could the word "assume" be a possible synonym for appear in this context ?

(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion

What does "intimidation" mean to you?

More importantly what does it mean to someone else or the government?

Now do the same with "coercion"...

If the US is headed for total chaos and the citizenry becomes "ANGRY" how might these
words be interpreted?

What if you are "suspected terrorist" and judged by a judicial body who is working hand in hand with possible "Fascist government entities"???

Might a government under siege use the full extent and widest interpretation of the law to quell any citizen decent?

Unfortunately these few lines hold a lot of weight and in the wrong hands could effectively silence our Democracy and any protest that may result!

` (C) occur primarily within the territorial
jurisdiction of the United States.''.

Oh,,, but this last line is very clear and not vague at all-

frwebgate.access.gpo.gov...:publ056.107

[edit on 11-7-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This whole post is unpatriotic!

Patriot act is for terrorists stupid.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by winged patriot

Read the act and tell me whose unpatriotic.....sheeple

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
On the heels of the Patriot Act...The Military Commissions Act represents a true attack on the rights on the American people. Take a look.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by winged patriot
This whole post is unpatriotic!

Patriot act is for terrorists stupid.

I might suspect you are daft. The "Patriot" Act was one, and a major one at that, of moves to shred our Constitution in the guise of being "for our safety."

cdoug1 is right. It leaves us open to those in power choosing to declare any one of us "unpatriotic." For now, the pretense of its being "for terrorists stupid" is being kept. But there are clear signs that we are being taken over by a fascist (and very rich) group that want to control us.

And if they control us, we have no freedom.

And if we have no freedom...we have nothing to be patriotic about.

How can we say that pointing out the issues with this "Patriot" Act is "unpatriotic?" Especially given that one thing *I* would be patriotic about is freedom of speech.

Thank you, cdoug1, for your patriotic post!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
AHHHHHHH

MM was speaking some truth after all...

"RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS"

Should I say I TOLD YOU SO?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
these words like acts and such are not arbitrary constructs of the english language

these terms are legal meaning using legal jargon not everyday common spoken language. ever read a contract? they all contain that kind of language.

all that language is clearly explained in the law books recognized every year by congress when it sits along with all the other books. thing is those terms are placeholders that if you want to know the meaning just google legal dictionairy and type in acts etc etc. its not coercive or strange except to people who dont speak and believe me it is a foreign language and every profession has its own lingo. even being a marine has a whole language everyday folk wouldnt understand. doesnt make them foreign its jsut how it works like cliques in high school. that simple not a conspiracy.

top topics

join