It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gabon reactors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
The natural nuclear reactor formed when a uranium-rich mineral deposit became inundated with groundwater that acted as a neutron moderator, and a nuclear chain reaction took place.

This makes no sense. I know that milk and Nesquick makes chockolade milk, but that uranium and water makes steam, without having first having reached critical mass without any sentrifuge or anything else (how was the uranium enriched, and turned into plutonium even at the same site, and producing waste with much slow decaying U138 (or 135 don't remember quite), first you must start the reaction in uranium to make it hot. The easiest way is as I said to bang cores together real hard. How does this reactor work? How was the uranium enriched in the first place? Normally it takes years with high speed sentrifuges to make these isotopes and turning highly enriched uranium into for that matter weapon's grade plutonium. How did nature get the uranium balistic some two billion years ago? My only idea is continental shift, that being on the westcoast of Africa makes it relative to the rift between Africa and South America. Shakes and volcanic activity could have triggered nuclear reactions of the sort that could vaporate water which according to my ideas could have triggered a thermo reactor or for that matter a steam engine like we do today.

And one of my questions was: did this reactor produce the various oxygen gas molecules making it possible for breathers on land and skin covered species because at the same time ozone started to occur on earth and in the time since has formed a layer of UV protective character around the planet?

[edit on 16/7/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
As I understand the article to say, the enrichment of Uranium was greater 1.7 billion years ago and fission was possible without enrichment. Now days due to radioactive loss Uranium has to be enriched.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

As I understand the article to say, the enrichment of Uranium was greater 1.7 billion years ago and fission was possible without enrichment. Now days due to radioactive loss Uranium has to be enriched.

This also makes no sense, for this uranium had been lying dormant for billions of years when it suddenly some two billion years ago, it goes balistic. What I say is that the only possible scenario is that som brutal force of nature must have triggered a reaction between uranium cores in the deposit at Okla, making it exchange electrones aslwell as manipulating other elements stealing and giving them electrones, or for that matter protones and positrons, photons and so on, nuclear particles. Instead of just quoting think.

And my dilemma here that makes me talk about intelligent interference with the object to carry out atmospheric manipulation in order to make the earth more suitable for sustaining life. Well, the ground at the place is rock solid and nothing seems to indicate that anything ever happened two billion years ago, unless like I add later that at that exact time the major continents drifted apart during a violent set of occurances perhaps triggered by the moon hitting us or some other object falling from the sky.....

[edit on 16/7/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It makes perfect sense, once water was added to material that was already naturally enriched the reactions took off, stopped, and started again as water came in.

Could some force have been involved? Perhaps but I think you're confusing the gun type nuclear bomb explosion technique for fission for power.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It makes perfect sense, once water was added to material that was already naturally enriched the reactions took off, stopped, and started again as water came in.

Could some force have been involved? Perhaps but I think you're confusing the gun type nuclear bomb explosion technique for fission for power.

Then the age of the reactors would be as old as big bang. Water is a conductor in (relation to-) a reactor. Rock is also a conductor. Somehow the uranium was enriched some two billion years ago (together with the highly energy demanding molecule O3 together with O2 was created, probably from sea water), well, to make it simple, the reactor wasn't formed two billion years ago, the reaction happened two billion years ago, the uranium started burning two billion years ago, making it nessasary for the isotopes to have been enriched and turned into plutonium even, creating slow decaying waste products and fully depleted uranium with no half life left so to speak.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join