It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: 88 - Colm Kelleher, Part 2 Hunt for the Skinwalker, Member Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
ATS MIX:

Colm Kelleher "PT-2" Hunt for the Skinwalker, Show-88

In our 2nd interview with Colm Kelleher (former director of NIDS), we learn more about the 'strange doings' at a Utah ranch. Dr. Kelleher also answers many of the questions posed by ATS Members. The SkepticOverlord despite a bad tooth stops by to share some "hot topics" being read and posted on. Of course our international reporters supply us with a number of new UFO Sightings. We have a mystery guest step up on the SoapBox, and another mystery guest helps us open up the shows intro..

Official John Rhodes Website

A&E's MonsterQuest LizardMan segment with John Rhodes

Official MUFON Website

Official Colm Kelleher Website

Hunt for the Skinwalker

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Where They Are Downloaded To Your computer Automatically.

Subscribe To The ATS MIX Show With iTunes

Subscribe To The ATS MIX Show With RSS Feed

Please FLAG, STAR & DIGG The Show If You Enjoy It

length: 90:00
file: atsmix_3001.mp3
size: 31646k
feed: atsmix

[edit on 11/9/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This is a little response from me to your discussion of the tablet Hazon Gavriel in this podcast:

'In three days, you shall live'
By Israel Knohl

The first mention of the "slain Messiah" called Mashiah ben Yosef (Messiah Son of Joseph) is in the Talmud (Sukkah 52a). In my book "The Messiah Before Jesus" (University of California Press, 2000), I argue that the story of this slain messiah is based on historical fact. I believe it is connected to the Jewish revolt in the Land of Israel following the death of King Herod in 4 B.C.E. This Jewish insurrection was brutally suppressed by the armies of Herod and the Roman emperor Augustus, and the messianic leaders of the revolt were killed. These events set the slain Messiah Son of Joseph tradition into motion and paved the way for the emergence of the concept of "catastrophic messianism." Interpretations of biblical text helped to shape the belief that the death of the messiah was a necessary and indivisible component of salvation. My conclusion, based on apocalyptic writings dating to this period, was that certain groups believed the messiah would die, be resurrected in three days, and ascend to heaven (see "The Messiah Before Jesus," 27-42).

I quote the above text as it represents a good short summary by Israel Knohl in his own words stating the assertions for which he is most well known.

For my part, I believe he is dead wrong, and I do not like they way he throws out conjectures so as to get headlines. The Suffering Servant/Slain Messiah of the Isaiah Scroll and the Targums is too conveniently glossed over.

But he does draw money to the area of research. And that is important for quite a few livelihoods. While various sorts of people get in a lather about Israel Knohl's conjectures, I don't. He throws grease on the fire, and then other scholars are left to tease out what the truth is. If the Tablet Hazon Gavriel proves to be genuine, scholars far better than Israel Knohl will be explaining that over the next five to ten years.

The Talmud to which Knohl referers is a partisan text by the way, having been recast in response to the growth of the jesus movement/christianity. Bearing in mind that partisanship is helpful. I don't want to get off track here in a discussion of just who the Messiah Son of Joseph is, but suffice to say I disagree with Knohl.

Anyone in this area knows that death and resurrection is a very common theme in ancient religions. One can find the concept in very old Ugaritic texts. The idea of birth, death, and resurrection deeply penetrates the rites of the High Priest even in the Second Temple of the Hebrew religion (as it did the First Temple).

What is unique about the Jesus narratives is that no heavenly angel announces his impending death and resurrection to follow although it is believed that Elijah and Moses discuss this matter with him at the event christians call "The Transfiguration". He himself announces his coming death and the promise of the resurrection to his followers. And at that resurrection he does something unprecedented in having Mary (i magdalini) become the first voice of that resurrection event. Having a woman whose name can be left as Mary Magdalene or translated as "Mary the Strong Tower" (as opposed to "Peter the Rock") is its own fascinating investigation. Yes, there are angels at the tomb, but the real story is the revelation of the resurrection to women first.

And now we are into my area of bias.

[edit on 11/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSMIX

I was disappointed that there wasn't more of Colm Kelleher in this pt 2 of this atsmix podcast.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Queen Maeve
reply to post by ATSMIX

I was disappointed that there wasn't more of Colm Kelleher in this pt 2 of this atsmix podcast.

We spent about 2 hours with Colm. Some of the things we could not put up YET because it is regarding projects he is working on currently and is not at liberty to discuss. We have to keep the shows to 90 minutes. The MEAT of Colm's interview was PART 1, this part was more about questions from the membership.... and that is an integral part of the process.

Dave

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hi Johnny and Dave.

Fascinating show this week.

It was interesting to hear of Colm's use of infra red cameras in his research. Seems like more and more people are adding this tool to their investigations of the unknown.

Also , I was surprised to hear that it wasn't until the 1970's that cannibalism was outlawed by the Australian government. Hard to believe it took that long to make it illegal to eat someone.

I hear they're doing great things with tofu these days.

Thanks again guys, keep up the good work and I look forward to next week's show.

-ProjectPhyrePhly- (P3)

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hi Dave & Johnny

Wow, excellent info in this interview! And thanks for asking him about the non-disclosure agreement, I thought he was bound. So now I'm wondering what did he leave out of the Skinwalker book due to the non-disclosure? Could it be related to the cattle mutilations and Springer's theory? I see that his latest work is a "novel" which might just fall outside the restrictions of a non-disclosure agreement. We should take a close look at it.........

Thanks again, great job,

STM

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
edit: because I could, sorry.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Another great show. Gosh I love listening to Colm talk. His accent is incredible. Thanks Johnny for asking my question.
From the sounds of it I am on the right track.

BC

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Really a great show indeed guys.

And what Colm Kelleher shares with us in this magnificent interview part two is in my opinion again absolute mind-blowing stuff?
And don’t forget that he even can’t say ALL due certain agreements, so in reality, there happens even more explosive stuff out there.
I really enjoyed part two and looking from now on very impatient forward to your third show with Mr. Kelleher.

new topics

top topics

join