It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration and the Threat to US Security.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Wow, people who think it is wrong for people from a seperate country to come and steal jobs from Americans, not pay taxes, vote for republicans. Welcome home people.

Anyways, I read a book, fiction, that Mexico decided it would invade America. How? Not by sending in the troops, but by using civillians. They told all the citizens in America to come to the border and wait for their families and freinds to come and march forth to take back the land the anglos stole during the mexican american war. Mexico knew we wouldn't use our troops to shoot masses of women and children, and it went off without a hitch, till the hero, Dirk Pitt comes and saves the day.

It was the Americans who stole land from the Mexicans, not the British. It was called the Mexican-American War, not the Mexican-British War.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I can't stand that the U.S. is being forced to go bilingual. If you go to France, you speak French. If you go to Cuba, you speak Cuban. Why do we have to accomodate people who speak Spanish and will not learn the common language of OUR country? It's total appeasement and I detest that.

Personally, I think illegals should be deported the moment they are found. Our system is so lax and corrupt, tho, it's not happening. The people who run the INS should be held accountable with fines and jail time for not enforcing the laws we already have ruling illegal immigration. This is a major national security issue.

German was almost the official language of the US. English won by just one vote. Well, it became the most popular language in the US, but not the official language. There is no official language in the US, but the official language could become Spanish. People in most countries speak lots of languages. In France they speak French and Breton, plus hundreds of non-native languages. In the UK we speak English, Welsh, Scots Gaelic and Irish Gaelic, plus hundreds of non-native languages. Considering that the US is a nation of immibrants or people descended from immigrants then it should come as no great surprise that many languages are spoken.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
cubans speak cuban(spanish) like americans speak american(english), but anyways illegals make it possible to buy lettuce at 20cents instead of 3bucks can u imagine grocery type unions in the fields workers getting 10 15 bucks an hour, hey mike how that ten dollar apple ur eating. so please everytime u go shopping think about it, regulate them ID them but dont stop them, i like my apple at 25 cents thank you. same for gas so if we have to invade sudan next so that i can keep my 2buck a gallon gas istead of 6 or 7 bucks a gallon then i guess we go to war. Money talks and bull# walks. so keep it real

<< 4  5  6   >>

join