It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration and the Threat to US Security.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Sorry for the long wait on the response, but here we go again.

You forget your place in the world for a second and think that you deserve a say in it. You look at the small amount of troubles caused by immigrants and forget to look at the big picture, you have many rich and many poor in this world.

I can honestly say that all of you that responded negatively don't no sh*t about your country, the only reason your complaining about imigration its because your finally face to face with a problem that you've never had to look in the face before, immigration is no different than the corporations that move oversea's in order to exploit cheap labor, but this time you have to deal with them in your own back yard, it's not about immigration or anthrax, its about the economy, you know it, I know it, the Chinese know it, so why complain about the tip of the iceberg, when its the other 98% we have to worry about.

Immigration is essential because it causes competion among jobs, I live in Cali and have to deal with this all the time, these people came here because of a dream, the fact that you won't give them a chance makes you isolationist, I bet some of you are wearing brand named clothes that where made by some poverty striken foreigner and are still complaining, come of your ego trip,

Peace,
Fox

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm not against immigration I just think people should go through the same process as legal aliens. My mother immigrated from Ireland after she married my father (American Serviceman) and they asked her questions like Have you ever been a prostitute?, Are you now or have ever been convicted of prostitution? , Do you have an STD . Personal questions I wouldnt force on anyone but people do it all the time to get into this fine country of ours. If you want to compete with me fine, go through the same process everyone else does dont swim across a river for nothing. I agree with anyone else who says the mexican border needs to be shut down and mined.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Illegal aliens aren't a threat to the government because the gov't has built many concentration camps just for them.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker

I can honestly say that all of you that responded negatively don't no sh*t about your country, the only reason your complaining about imigration its because your finally face to face with a problem that you've never had to look in the face before, immigration is no different than the corporations that move oversea's in order to exploit cheap labor, but this time you have to deal with them in your own back yard, it's not about immigration or anthrax, its about the economy, you know it, I know it, the Chinese know it, so why complain about the tip of the iceberg, when its the other 98% we have to worry about.

Well, first let me say that that was one hell of a sentence. You obviously hail from the wonderful public education we enjoy in this country, if you are not still in it. You miss the point of what we say. It is not the immegrents, it is the illegal ones due to the poor security and scared politicians wasting away on the drug called votes.

Immigration is essential because it causes competion among jobs, I live in Cali and have to deal with this all the time, these people came here because of a dream, the fact that you won't give them a chance makes you isolationist, I bet some of you are wearing brand named clothes that where made by some poverty striken foreigner and are still complaining, come of your ego trip,

The obvious does not elude you. Although I would encourage you to pick up a dictionary. Isolationism really seeks to turn sights inward and abstain from world politics. This truely does not always affect immagration.

Peace,
Fox

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer
Illegal aliens aren't a threat to the government because the gov't has built many concentration camps just for them.

Care to elaborate on this?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
KrazyJethro: "But I guess you wouldn't know that having never been outside of your nice little bubble you call Canada.

Then again, Canada has never really done much of anything."

Try to stick to what you know. I've been to 17 different countries. Just got back from Arizona where I was staying for a week.

And as for Canada doing hardly anything, try looking that up and then get back to me, m'kay?

Skadi: "Like, on the border, for instance, illegals are known to cross, car jack citzens on this side and take thier vehicles. Murder and robbery rates are higher on the border. I lived near the border. Illegals are often involved in drug trafficing, and drug related crime and violence often follows. You ever consider there is a REASON they refuse to cross legally?

Most illegal immigrants come to the US to "make a better life". They work illegally and send money back to their families so they can live. They're not there to carjack you and commit crime, you have locals who are far better at stuff like that than any Mexican will ever be. The REASON they refuse to cross legally is because the US has pretty draconian immigration laws.

"In case you havent heard, immigrants of the illegal kind and crime go hand in hand."

Wrong.

As for American jobs being exported and done by foreigners, that's called Global Free Trade. Maybe if you were better educated and better equipped to deal with the real world, these jobs would stay in the US and you would get them. You know, instead of whining and complaining about it.

In Canada our borders are pretty much WIDE OPEN. And guess what, no big problems. I wonder why. In fact, we're probably one of the most multi-cultural, tolerant societies in the Western Hemisphere. And it works.

jakomo

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by Jakomo]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have looked it up Jak. I stand unimpressed.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
KrazyJethro: Hey lucky thing I'm not here to impress you.

Enjoy March Madness, by the way. Basketball was invented by a Canadian.

You're welcome.

But back to the topic, all this ire against illegal immigrants is nothing but a thinly veiled racist diatribe. How many of you who go on and on about this are white middle-class males? Yeah, the horror of things you've had to be burdened with. My heart goes out to you.

Maybe you should just find yourself another planet to live on and leave this one to us non-Americans. Then you can be all by yourselves and not have to worry about crazy foreigners who want to kill you for no reason other than that your government has totally effed up their lives or killed their families in the name of American Superiority. Because here's a newsflash: Nobody other than Americans thinks that the US is the greatest country in the world. Believe it. It's the opposite, pick up a foreign paper or talk to a foreigner.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

You're welcome.

But back to the topic, all this ire against illegal immigrants is nothing but a thinly veiled racist diatribe. How many of you who go on and on about this are white middle-class males? Yeah, the horror of things you've had to be burdened with. My heart goes out to you.

Maybe you should just find yourself another planet to live on and leave this one to us non-Americans. Then you can be all by yourselves and not have to worry about crazy foreigners who want to kill you for no reason other than that your government has totally effed up their lives or killed their families in the name of American Superiority. Because here's a newsflash: Nobody other than Americans thinks that the US is the greatest country in the world. Believe it. It's the opposite, pick up a foreign paper or talk to a foreigner.

Now riddle me this? Why would I speak to a foreigner when I could more easily give them a knee to the nuts then start a public chant of USA USA !!!!. Sure you can say were not the greatest country in the world but last time I picked up a newspaper I didnt see " Superpower Canada sets new records for prosperity". Unless of course if you define having your own states trying to declare independence from your country prosperity.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I'm stoked buddy. You are doing an excellent job of not being here to impress me.

You're welcome.

Oh boy, like I have nothing better to do than to invest my time in some #ing game that sucks ass anyway. If you spend your life 1) in a constant escape from the world 2) don't know who Condoleezza Rice is but know all the averages for the clippers for the past 27 years, then I feel sorry for you for wasting your life on the accomplishments of others.

But back to the topic, all this ire against illegal immigrants is nothing but a thinly veiled racist diatribe.

Yes. Disliking a sercurity hazard and criminal activity in our country is such a blatently racist thing to do. I hate the over taxation and foriegn aid too, I MUST HATE THE JEWS TOO!!!!

How many of you who go on and on about this are white middle-class males? Yeah, the horror of things you've had to be burdened with. My heart goes out to you.

I don't know what you've done in your life, but I've done quite a bit, and just keep on doing it.

While I agree with the fact that this country sucks in a lot of ways, I also have to say that you should either # or get off the pot.

I absolutely love when Prepubescent dildos like you get on here and spew # all over with very little to say (also having never contributed to this country in the least).

This is not the mud pit asshole so don't treat it as such.

Anyone else who feels it necessary to propagate mudpit antics outside of it will get the same # from me.

I have tolerated this for to long. I did NOT # on you, so kindly keep your vileness out of civil conversation.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Maybe you should just find yourself another planet to live on and leave this one to us non-Americans. Then you can be all by yourselves and not have to worry about crazy foreigners who want to kill you for no reason other than that your government has totally effed up their lives or killed their families in the name of American Superiority.

Yeah we totally overthrew facism and communism in one overt move to screw over foreigners. Hey Ontario, go ask someone from Bergen Belsen what Americans mean to them. Or a South Korean old enough to remember the peninsula war

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
krazyjethro
------------------------------

Well, first let me say that that was one hell of a sentence. You obviously hail from the wonderful public education we enjoy in this country, if you are not still in it. You miss the point of what we say. It is not the immegrents, it is the illegal ones due to the poor security and scared politicians wasting away on the drug called votes.

The obvious does not elude you. Although I would encourage you to pick up a dictionary. Isolationism really seeks to turn sights inward and abstain from world politics. This truely does not always affect immagration.

Peace,
Fox
------------------------------------------

Well, for one throwing insults about dictionary usage, you need one as well.

Gee, I wonder, why mention drugs now. It looks like we all of us try to stray from the subject of this post.

I will be blunt, there is more going on than meets the eye to every story, and I hate wasting time.

So I ask you a question, do you have a social security number and would you like to be looked up as one.

I'm not going to point at you and lecture you about this, just tell you that you are looking at a small branch of a tree as I mentioned before.

All your looking at is the outcome of a huge political math problem, you cannot see how far it goes.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If we didn't have illegal immigrants for terrorists and smugglers to use as transports, those two groups would simply find other means of importing their "goods."

Whatever happened to America being the country for the down-trodden and the needy to come to and build their life?

Liberty now reads, No Vacancy...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

How do you figure?

Gee, I wonder, why mention drugs now. It looks like we all of us try to stray from the subject of this post.

I didn't mention drugs. I said the "drug called votes" meaning that politicians are hooked on votes and do not want to alienate their constituents by doing what is right and being called racist.

I will be blunt, there is more going on than meets the eye to every story, and I hate wasting time.

Granted, but this is the topic of discussion. If you want to have a more broadbased discussion, that would be fine. Start a thread and I'll be in there too.

So I ask you a question, do you have a social security number and would you like to be looked up as one.

Yes I do, and I don't care.

I'm not going to point at you and lecture you about this, just tell you that you are looking at a small branch of a tree as I mentioned before.

All your looking at is the outcome of a huge political math problem, you cannot see how far it goes.

Quite possibly. But the issue at hand is not immigration, but rather the open wound we call the border. I have said in many posts that immigration is important and has been the lifeblood of innovation in this country historically. BUT, I would first shut the border down with the military, then open a new Ellis Island to document immigration. This would stem the slave wage some of the illegals are recieving (which can not be enough to live on reasonably).

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

How do you figure? immegrents

I don't really care, just don't try to be an @ss all the time.

To bad, that would have been the most important respond.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker

Spelling and word use are very different. I'm the first to admit I can't spell, nor do I care about that.

How do you figure? immegrents

Yes, well pardon me for putting an e instead of an i. Still doesn't change the fact that you misrepresented isolationism.

I don't really care, just don't try to be an @ss all the time.

Trust me, I do not act the ass outside the Mudpit unless provoked. Saying people "don't know #" is provocation. So let's work on not being an ass yourself before you ask others to comply.

To bad, that would have been the most important respond.

What does that even mean? Responce you mean? Honestly, do you care about being looked up as a number? Can you say that in a country with over 250 million people that there is a better way to cataloge the population?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You are right baldie, we do agree on a wall and using mines to keep illegals out. But while it is illegal for them to vote, they still do, which is why Bush made that new law to allow the illegals more right in a country they have invaded illegally.

And people talking about the trodden and the poor not being welcomed, damn straight! Before they came here legally, through Ellis Island, nowadays they come here illegally.

Also, it isn't racist to hate an person who has invaded your country. Were the French racist cause they hated the Germans who invaded them?

Then, why is there so much "Well, it ok if they break the law, a major law. Hey! You just went 27mph in a 25mph school zone, throw him in jail!" It is a law that they are breaking, yet no one seems to care. Then, illegals and crime does go hand in hand, for if they here illegally, they are commiting a crime! Then, how many people who live on the border can remember the last time they were mugged by a person who spoke english? Not very many. How many gang shooting near the border can be blamed on people who speak english/ Well, I had 5 different numbers, so averaged them together and got 24%, less than a fourth of them. Drugs? Over 80% of them illegals.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Precisely.which is where they belong. OUR borders are what our military SHOULD be defending, not other peoples borders.

So you think that a good defense is all that we need? We do not need the preposition forces that can quickly respond to threats? You would rather just let us wait for something to happen, and then try to mobilize our forces here? Have you any idea how long that takes?

Our allies? What ALLIES? Dont make me laugh. Our "allies" want us gone as much as many of us want them out of there. Our allies have thier own militaries, let them spend thier own money on whatever.

So, places like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, South Korea, Taiwan, etc.. all want us gone? Then why aren't their governments asking us to leave?

Our foreign policy? Isolationism. We got sucked up into two world wars because we were manipulated OUT of isolatyionism by backdoor deals and the like.

No, we got pulled into the wars when American citizens started getting killed.

Our troops exist to defend American boreders from threats, not keep world peace or protect nonexistant allies. They need to be here patrolling our borders, and not overseas in other countries that have no love nor loyalty to.

How would you know what the mission of our troops are? Are you one of them?

Our mission (yes I am one of them) is to defend America and her citizens from all threats foregin and domestic. To do that we place our soldiers in key strategic areas so that they can quickly respond to a crisis before it gets out of hand.

What do you think would happen if we did not have soldiers in South Korea?

What about our treaty commitments? Are you just willing to throw those out?

To answer your question Coolhand, I was a troop for 4 years, all that time stationed overseas. So I know what Im talking about.

Taiwan? Let em figure it out on thier own. Seeing how we lose so many jobs to them anyway, maybe that would be a good "detterant" from US companies setting up shop there.

Saudi Arabia? The same bastards that finance, fund, and breed the very terrorists that attack us on our own soil? We have already been told to leave by the SDaudis, thats why our forces are in Kuwait. Kuwait wants us there to protect them from Iraq. But where is the protection of America in all this mess? So far, all I see are a bunch of soldiers defending other countries from thier own age old tribal wars, nothing securing the defense or security of the US. And for your information, i spent 6 months in Dhahran, eastern Saudi Arabia. I know what Im talking about.

We have no friggin allies. The japanmese want us gone. Koreas? Dont care.

Our troops being stationed abroad are basically fighting wwars not pertaining to the security of the US. Responding to other hotspots is not benefitting us in the slightest. If anything, we bury ourselves. if we left, and allowed these assholes to weaken each other by fighting amongst themselves, then they would pose less a threat. Our troops on our borders would protect it from all the people sneaking in. The sheer numbers of people we got overseas is wasteful.

Our mission is to protect America from all enemies foreign and domestic. We cant friggin do that in some stinking #hole in the desert thats been killing each other since the dawn of civilization.

I am not interested in responding to threats around the world that dont pertain to security here. Im interested in troops being in thier own country defending thier own soil from sneaky illegals, terrorists, and manning long range weapons to make sure the big guys never try anything. other than that, the rest of the world cant piss off and do its own thing.

And as to the two world wars, I will say this again: manipulation into both, examine the events that got us into them and u will see that there was alot of shady dealings beforehand.

A stinking #hole in the desert? Are you talking about Flagstaff, Arizona?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Er, this is such a funny thread.

You have FAR more to worry about from your fellow American than you do from any immigrants.

You grow up in the world's most destructive culture of violence, fear, ignorance and racism, and you worry that VISITORS will kill you?

How many mass murderers and serial killers have been illegal immigrants? How many murders have been committed TODAY by people born and bred in the USA?

Worry FAR more about your neighbor than any brown-skinned stranger. Chances are that guy is here to make a new life for him and his family, and has NO thoughts of violence towards you.

There's a better chance that this illegal immigrant will get killed by an AMERICAN than there is that the immigrant will kill one of you, so relax.

YOUR culture is the most violent in the whole world, so try to fix that before you go on a wild goosechase.

How many murders have been committed in the US just today, by average American citizens?

jako

Thats easy for you to say Canadian, Im not disupting the fact your more likely to get killed by an American but leave it to the Canadian (Speccially the ones from Montreal) to turn this into a thread about murder, this thread is about the threat illegal immigration poses in relation to terrorism not "heey arent you afraid an illegal will kill you?", and for a fact there have been several notorius illegal serial killers here in Texas, some use to ride the rails then pick on poor families, anyways.

You are why I feel such deep hatred for pompous foreigners, you my friend are no more wordly than I am and just because your "French Canadian" doesnt make you any more informed. Quit waving the bloody flag of our culture, at least we dont have a province trying to establish its own independence, sure were violent here in the states but were united.

Oh and Im sure your gonna have the perfect response for my rebuttal seeing as you live with "brown neighbors" 24/7 up in toronto, the illegal capital of the world. Oh and that was a joke , I know you canadians sometimes miss those.

Oh and lay off the caps, they make my eyes hurt.

The reason why there are no provinces in the US trying to get their independence is because there are NO provinces in the US. But there are people in states like Texas who want their independence.

Canada has a better standard of living than the US. You say that Canadians don't have a sense of humour, but Americans don't understand irony.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
God, Jakomo, yours has to be about the DUMBEST friggin post Ive seen yet on this thread.

In case you havent heard, immigrants of the illegal kind and crime go hand in hand. Like, on the border, for instance, illegals are known to cross, car jack citzens on this side and take thier vehicles. Murder and robbery rates are higher on the border. I lived near the border. Illegals are often involved in drug trafficing, and drug related crime and violence often follows. You ever consider there is a REASON they refuse to cross legally? Maybe the fact they have criminal records in thier homelands that would PREVENT them from coming here legally?
We have a violent society for many reasons. One is we have, through our history, had the habit of opening our borders to the worlds undesirables. This was a penal colony once.

Canada is also a serious concern. not just Mexico. Since our lovely neighbors to the north just LOVE to offer assylum to about anyone, Canada is a destination for terrorists who wanna sneak in. Hell, they catch Middle eatserners sneaking across all the time trying to get into the states, reasons ranging from wanting to work in New York, to other. Im not talking about locking down the mexican border alone, we REALLY need to lock down our northern border. After all, when you have a neighbor that announces theyd give assylum to Saddam Hussein if he showed up, a neighbor who let the Russians use thier airspace to spy on us during the cold war, its a good idea to clamp down on the door and get a little cobwebage on the welcome mat

You have no clue, seeing how youre not living in a country targeted by alot of people. This is a very real threat. Criminal activity is a part of it. Do a little studying before you make such...statements.
[/

The US is also a destination for terrorists who want to sneak in. September the 11th was committed by terrorists who were able to live and work in the US. They were even taught how to fly planes in the US! Americans have also been complaining about terrorists that were in Canada managing to get to the US, and they blame it on the Canadians. But the Canadians also want the terrorists out of their country. If the terrorists that were in Canada manage to get into the US then it is no fault of the Canadians but a fault of the Americans who let them in.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join