It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration and the Threat to US Security.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
illegal immigrants are essentual to stabalizing the nations wealth, we have an economy that is based on cheap labor all over the world, I know hundreds of Mexicans, California and Texas wouldn't be the states they are today without Immigrants. Farmers would have gone under if it wasn't for cheap labor.

I know there could be a treat to us by having illegal immagrants, but its a treat im willing to take.

Don't be an isolationist.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Texas wouldn't be the states they are today without Immigrants. Don't be an isolationist.

Texas would be its own country, god bless.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
That's cool. Did you meet her while serving in the military? Sounds like you both have the best of both worlds.

And I agree, I would never give up my citizenship.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

illegal immigrants are essentual to stabalizing the nations wealth, we have an economy that is based on cheap labor all over the world, I know hundreds of Mexicans, California and Texas wouldn't be the states they are today without Immigrants. Farmers would have gone under if it wasn't for cheap labor.

My grandfather owned a large farm in Washington State. He never once hired illegals. He never had to b/c back in the day your average, non-college educated man was willing to actually work hard.

I used to live in Arizona (Tucson, Phoenix, Flagstaff). It's a mess because of illegal immigration.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I know there could be a treat to us by having illegal immagrants, but its a treat im willing to take.

Don't be an isolationist.

Isolationist? How does stopping illegal immigration constitute an isolationist mentality?

How about this? Taking people who are receiving social aid, and putting them out to work in the fields? Would this be such a bad idea?

Or should we continue to keep the illegals, using them for basically what amounts to slave labor?

Stop making excuses for criminals.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm not for slave labor of any kind, anywhere. Especially not in the U.S.

And I will never go back to Wal Mart if it would help quash it.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I can't stand going somewhere like McDonald's and try and ask the person at the drive-thru a question about my order - and they can barely speak english - and give me attitude!
That's just wrong, man.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by asala]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I can't stand going somewhere like McDonald's and try and ask the person at the drive-thru a question about my order - and they can barely speak english - and give me attitude!
That's just wrong, man.

I get the same feeling when I call any customre support line in America. Some foreigner with broken english copping an attitude with me.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
PEOPLE!!

please keep off the racist comments!!

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This is a thread about US Security! not a racial free-for-all!!!!

Back on topic please.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Texas wouldn't be the states they are today without Immigrants. Don't be an isolationist.

Texas would be its own country, god bless.

very true...and i wouldnt be any more proud......seeing how im not proud at all....

immigration, to me at least, having grown up near the broder, is a completely irrelevant issue to me. i dont see it as a threat of any kind! did anyone read the maddox page i posted? i think some of you guys complaingin about immmigrants (instead of sticking to the topic and talking about a treat of terrorism) should read it....and everyone else should too...is quite ammusing!

Oops! You're Racist.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
here are some excerpts from the maddox article-

saying that an illegal immigrant doesn't deserve to be paid the same wages as an American because he doesn't belong here in the first place is like saying that a person trapped in a well shouldn't be saved because he shouldn't have been playing around the well in the first place."

ok this has alot of cursing, so alot of censors, but its a quote ok?

Our president may be a moron, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let any more jackasses sully the reputation of hard working Americans who are willing to work just as hard as anyone else with or without competition. If you can't cut it, then the people with money will pay it to someone else who can. Maybe if all you people bitching weren't such lazy, pathetic, blood sucking leeches, you'd get off of your dead ass and work HARDER to do a better job. Get some balls people. If you're too chicken # and you can't cut it, then maybe it's you who doesn't deserve to live in America. Not the immigrants.

he has a point!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sorry to resurect this post but, Foxnews on Saturday night (Saturday, March 13 at 10 p.m ET and 1 a.m) will be running a special called The Terrorist Next Door
about our open borders and how terrorist can just walk right in. Asa Hutchins is shown in a sound bite saying that "when people say we are doing enough to stop terrorist, we are not". Also shows a border patrol agent talking about terrorist walking across the borders everday.

Should be a good show and worth catching, might inspire more discussion here on this topic.

Oh and surprise surprise, Canada is the country of concern. Mexico is bad but apparently cananda really a problem.

Here is a link to the fox website discussing the show
www.foxnews.com...

[Edited on 3/12/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
here are some excerpts from the maddox article-

saying that an illegal immigrant doesn't deserve to be paid the same wages as an American because he doesn't belong here in the first place is like saying that a person trapped in a well shouldn't be saved because he shouldn't have been playing around the well in the first place."

A better analogy would be if a family member and a criminal were trapped in a well, who would you rescue first? The Family member who was at the well getting water for the rest of the family, or the criminal who was there trying to steal the water .

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Baldie, an illegal can vote, and guess what? They vote republican cause republicans support illegal aliens. How can illegals vote? Easy, how many voting booths have people making sure you are a legal citizen? Little to none. A 17 year old can vote, for no one stays there to make sure you are legal age, citizen, so forth. You do realize about 30% of the votes Bush got in Texas was from illegal aliens?

Sorry, but saying illegal aliens take jobs no one wants is bull. I would love to make money picking fruit. have you ever done it? it is so easy! Reach, grab, pull, place in container. Repeat. So easy.

Next. Canada is a problem, but know what? How many canadians come and take American jobs?

Cure to the problem? First, a Great Wall of America 1 mile into our border. Then have several fences set up warning in english and spanish that if you go past this you may be shot. Then on the last fence, about 200 yards from the wall, have you cross this you will die. And in this zone have mines, mines, and more mines. And if they get past all that have guards on the walls with rifles. Then for the ones here, find the ones who came illegally and deport their ass. Not back to Mexico or Cuba or where ever, but to a hell hole of the world, like Africa or Antartica or China, just to stick it to them. There, you out of your country, have fun in Africa/Antartica/China/some other hell hole.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Cure to the problem? First, a Great Wall of America 1 mile into our border. Then have several fences set up warning in english and spanish that if you go past this you may be shot. Then on the last fence, about 200 yards from the wall, have you cross this you will die. And in this zone have mines, mines, and more mines. And if they get past all that have guards on the walls with rifles. Then for the ones here, find the ones who came illegally and deport their ass. Not back to Mexico or Cuba or where ever, but to a hell hole of the world, like Africa or Antartica or China, just to stick it to them. There, you out of your country, have fun in Africa/Antartica/China/some other hell hole.

For once we agree Bunny Man, and in repsonse to the fact that illegals can vote doesnt make it any less illegal.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The maddox article shows the man is a total moron who hasnt gotten about in the real world for a while.

I will say this again: it is not the farm jobs the illegals take from legals, they are taking jobs that Americans WANT to work, you idiots! truckdriving, landscaping, construction, these are all jobs that, especially lower class american citizens, want to work, but now can no longer work, thanks to illegals who can work for wages americans CANT even eat on. Im sick of hearing sanctimonious college grad morons with no concept of the real world telling Americans to get off thier asses and find job. Guess what? there are no more jobs to be had, you stupid twinkies! Even the low end fast food jobs, and grubby jobs our lower classes once held, americans have been laid off or driven out of those, they simply cannot compete with an illegal who can work for 4 bucks an hour because he lives in a building with 30 people. So cut the bull#, go out and sample reality for a change.

Back to topic. canada is a HUGE problem, as Ive always said. because thier borders are open to ANYONE, criminal or not, and thier longstanding wellknown contempt for the US means they would willingly harbor and let in known terrorists into thier country, then look the other way as they slip over OUR border. Both borders need a good lockdown, and pulling our troops from these bull# jobs overseas in bull# countries and put them back within thier own land and having them crack down and seize all these illegals is money wellspent, as you will not need homeland security as much, national defense and homeland security can be comined. Its all about efficency.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Skadi, Maddox is only joking. Go to the site, it's one big joke.

As for the illegals, this is a serious problem.

Shut down the border. For good.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
no actually, you are a moron. and a racist.

they work harder, theyl take less. oh, so they can eat off of that much, but you cant because you have to dine at 5 star restaurants?

sounds like YOU need to get out into the real world.

or at least, out of your beverly hills estate.

besides, isnt that the whole point of capitalism? competition? if youre afraid of it, then you shouldnt be trying to get a job anyway, you will lose.

so wait....even if they go get a green card...they arent illegal immigrants anymore, youd still be bitching about them "stealing" your stupid freggin job.

the threat to security? no.

you think theyd be that obvious? anyone connected to terror either wouldnt be getting ajob in the first place to stay underground OR theyd be the perfect all american immigrant.

think about it

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
That's just wrong, man.

youre on the east coast? i bet they can hardly understand you either!
just in jest

oi, i wan some cofeee ya litddle biastard!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join