It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration and the Threat to US Security.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
That was an episode of the now defunct "Lone gunman." Remember that? It was an X-Files spin-off. They literally had an episode where an airliner was hijacked by remote control and on course for hitting the World Trade Center. The computer was over ridden at the last minute by one of the good hackers. It's pretty damn creepy.

Actually, that was the pilot episode of "The Lone Gunman." I never saw it but here is the transcript from the episode. That is just too creepy that there was an episode based on 9/11 before it actually happened.

www.insidethex.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I was in a helicopter unit.

I sent you a u2u awhile back. You didn't see fit to respond. Now you want me to answer your questions?

Now I remember, you were in a Huey unit.

Still waiting for you to answer my questions.

BTW I never got a U2U from you before.

[Edited on 9/3/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
Mass immigration is aggravated by the economic system that currently dominates the world. Countries are servicing huge debts, which have forced them to privatize the public infrastructure and cut back on social services. The same debts force countries to abandon internal economic self-sufficiency and join the global market�s race to the bottom in pursuit of fickle foreign capital investment that has no real stake in our community. We are all pursuing a phantasm; throwing our money at short-term speculative ventures that seldom create anything of permanent value. Transnational business monopolies are eliminating the smaller businesses that have historically employed a greater percentage of people. Local populations are losing their sovereignty to faceless bankers and businessmen in lands far away, while political representatives have abandoned the needs of their countrymen to chase after bribes and treasonously corrupt private business deals.

Meanwhile, some countries seem to be covertly supporting terrorism against their own domestic populations in order to push these unpopular, illegitimate, illegal, and morally unjustifiable economic and cultural agendas.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Condorcet]

Exactly Condorcet !

Hang the bankers and waive the debts - then maybe the world will have a fighting chance.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Does anyone here think the illegal immigration has anything to do with the extremely high unemployment rate in this country? In other words, we're giving jobs to foreigners and laying off more and more Americans.

And, we are also paying for their education. If these illegals are doing illegal work (NOT paying taxes) we are also fully funding their kids education.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by mrmulder
Does anyone here think the illegal immigration has anything to do with the extremely high unemployment rate in this country? In other words, we're giving jobs to foreigners and laying off more and more Americans.

And, we are also paying for their education. If these illegals are doing illegal work (NOT paying taxes) we are also fully funding their kids education.

You do realize that this job loss is related to outsourcing work to places like Bangalore or even Mexico? If you were to kick every unwashed alien out of this country then our economy would collapse, no one would be around to do the # jobs, just like the italians years before them. But I do agree that funding their education is bull# along with their tax exemptions. We cant really kick out the ones we got know , we can only americanize them, but we can fortify the borders with troops and dare I say anti personnel items in order to keep out their brothers.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by Condorcet

Hang the bankers and waive the debts - then maybe the world will have a fighting chance.

I completely agree!

And watch the wars for profit dry up with them.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I believe in being fair to everybody but when you have highest rate of unemployment in years you've got to give your own people a job first. Once they have a job then you should start considering giving foreigners a place to work.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
And there's nuthin' like a APCs with 50-cal machine guns mounted up top patrolling the borders to turn unwelcome visitors back.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Er, this is such a funny thread.

You have FAR more to worry about from your fellow American than you do from any immigrants.

You grow up in the world's most destructive culture of violence, fear, ignorance and racism, and you worry that VISITORS will kill you?

How many mass murderers and serial killers have been illegal immigrants? How many murders have been committed TODAY by people born and bred in the USA?

Worry FAR more about your neighbor than any brown-skinned stranger. Chances are that guy is here to make a new life for him and his family, and has NO thoughts of violence towards you.

There's a better chance that this illegal immigrant will get killed by an AMERICAN than there is that the immigrant will kill one of you, so relax.

YOUR culture is the most violent in the whole world, so try to fix that before you go on a wild goosechase.

How many murders have been committed in the US just today, by average American citizens?

jako

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I honestly could care less about illegals being a threat to national security.

This situation should never have come to fruition as it has and needs to be shut down for the preservation of effeciant fiscal spending alone.

So, here's the plan I think would be a good idea.

Step 1 - Lock down the borders. The military is a nice tool when used to actually defend this country.

Step 2 - Give a 60 day amnesty for all inside this country to come forward. This would eliminate most of the drain and stop slave wages.

Step 3 - Equip the INS to actually work properly. Those who remain here and do not come forward are not to be treated unkindly, but at the same time, if caught, they will have a one way ticket out of this country. NO trial, NO considerations. On a plane the next day.

Step 4 - Create a new Ellis Island for those who want to come here. Put them in the system and track the hell out of them. If they welch, kick them out.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

You have FAR more to worry about from your fellow American than you do from any immigrants.

You grow up in the world's most destructive culture of violence, fear, ignorance and racism, and you worry that VISITORS will kill you?

How many mass murderers and serial killers have been illegal immigrants? How many murders have been committed TODAY by people born and bred in the USA?

Worry FAR more about your neighbor than any brown-skinned stranger. Chances are that guy is here to make a new life for him and his family, and has NO thoughts of violence towards you.

There's a better chance that this illegal immigrant will get killed by an AMERICAN than there is that the immigrant will kill one of you, so relax.

YOUR culture is the most violent in the whole world, so try to fix that before you go on a wild goosechase.

How many murders have been committed in the US just today, by average American citizens?

jako

Thats easy for you to say Canadian, Im not disupting the fact your more likely to get killed by an American but leave it to the Canadian (Speccially the ones from Montreal) to turn this into a thread about murder, this thread is about the threat illegal immigration poses in relation to terrorism not "heey arent you afraid an illegal will kill you?", and for a fact there have been several notorius illegal serial killers here in Texas, some use to ride the rails then pick on poor families, anyways.

You are why I feel such deep hatred for pompous foreigners, you my friend are no more wordly than I am and just because your "French Canadian" doesnt make you any more informed. Quit waving the bloody flag of our culture, at least we dont have a province trying to establish its own independence, sure were violent here in the states but were united.

Oh and Im sure your gonna have the perfect response for my rebuttal seeing as you live with "brown neighbors" 24/7 up in toronto, the illegal capital of the world. Oh and that was a joke , I know you canadians sometimes miss those.

Oh and lay off the caps, they make my eyes hurt.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

jako

You are quite an ignorant boy Jako. Perhaps you have missed the violence going on around the world and those areas that it stems from it's culture and religion.

But I guess you wouldn't know that having never been outside of your nice little bubble you call Canada.

Then again, Canada has never really done much of anything.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. And thanks again for riding our coattails.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
We seem to be focused on Mexico but let's not forget the open/pouring borders of Canada. yes I read the post from the canadian, reminded me that his country has extremly loose imigration standards which even the US laughs at. Personally I want both borders closed and monitored and no one gets in without a valid reason. That was how I was treated in the middle east and asia. They had the right to question me being there just like we have the right to do the same

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
To Answer your question, Cool Hand, i was a 52d, generator mechanic. Was in a Patriot Missile Battery. Im not sure exactly why this would be important to you, but theres your answer.

During my stay in Saudi, the iraqis were screwing around with thier scuds. We bombed the # out of em, it sure as hell didnt "deter" much. The Iranians, while I was there, for no apparant reason, were observed moving a couple battalions of nuke capable Hawk Missiles near thier Kuwaiti border. Obviously, us being there didnt deter them much. So much for deterence!

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Don't know about other states but the NY/Canada border is horrible. Ever hear of the thousand islands up around Alexandria Bay? How about the Boldt Castle tour operators? You could launch a boat from Canada, dock at the castle during the day, and have someone duck into the tour boat for the return trip to NY. No customs whatsoever.

I think there are customs at the castle docks but only for the tour boats, not the other docks on the other side of the island. So, unless I am wrong a drop off would be very easy.

Closing the Canadian border would be next to impossible. I read an article awhile ago in which a border patrol gentleman was interviewed. He admitted the looseness of the border and openly stated that the patrol teams look for the most obvious points of entry (spits of land on a river crossing, etc) and target them.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
To Answer your question, Cool Hand, i was a 52d, generator mechanic. Was in a Patriot Missile Battery.

That does answer my question, thank you.
The Iranians, while I was there, for no apparant reason, were observed moving a couple battalions of nuke capable Hawk Missiles near thier Kuwaiti border.

Where is the proof of that? I don't remember hearing that in the news, I never read in the AAR's, I never saw any evidence with my own eyes.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
God, Jakomo, yours has to be about the DUMBEST friggin post Ive seen yet on this thread.

In case you havent heard, immigrants of the illegal kind and crime go hand in hand. Like, on the border, for instance, illegals are known to cross, car jack citzens on this side and take thier vehicles. Murder and robbery rates are higher on the border. I lived near the border. Illegals are often involved in drug trafficing, and drug related crime and violence often follows. You ever consider there is a REASON they refuse to cross legally? Maybe the fact they have criminal records in thier homelands that would PREVENT them from coming here legally?
We have a violent society for many reasons. One is we have, through our history, had the habit of opening our borders to the worlds undesirables. This was a penal colony once.

Canada is also a serious concern. not just Mexico. Since our lovely neighbors to the north just LOVE to offer assylum to about anyone, Canada is a destination for terrorists who wanna sneak in. Hell, they catch Middle eatserners sneaking across all the time trying to get into the states, reasons ranging from wanting to work in New York, to other. Im not talking about locking down the mexican border alone, we REALLY need to lock down our northern border. After all, when you have a neighbor that announces theyd give assylum to Saddam Hussein if he showed up, a neighbor who let the Russians use thier airspace to spy on us during the cold war, its a good idea to clamp down on the door and get a little cobwebage on the welcome mat

You have no clue, seeing how youre not living in a country targeted by alot of people. This is a very real threat. Criminal activity is a part of it. Do a little studying before you make such...statements.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
Don't know about other states but the NY/Canada border is horrible.

Closing the Canadian border would be next to impossible.

I live in the vicinity of the Detroit-Windosr bridge and tunnel. Although the Detroit River has a strong current, it is basically unpatrolled. Anybody with a boat could get across. Lakes Erie and St. Clair are also navigable by small craft.
There's no telling how many illegals enter this way.

And, least we forget, this is also near the largest group of Miccle Easterners in the US: Dearborn, MI. Ane, while they may be mostly legal residents, it would still be a comfort sone for the occasional terrorist.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The Us canada border up here is bad. While the I-5 border station is pretty tight, we have all the islands that its so easy to slip intothe US through. Even before 9/11. we were getting pretty bad terrorist threats from Canada via the Vancouver border crossing.

Coolhand, youre not gonna read anywhere about that little Hawk Missile incident. It enevr got reported. But it happened. I remeber all to well because we were put on high alert, locked down on site, and the airforce sattelites that were tracking and feeding us info were keeping us informed until they figured out exactly what Iran was doing. This all occurred around the time that Turkey invaded Iraqs Norther Border (remeber THAT) and soon after, the OK city Bombing. So naturally, it wasnt gonna make news anywhere. It wasnt news worthy. The news isnt gonna report on every single little maneuver. I never did find out why Iran made that sudden deployment, nothing came of it, at least, nothing we were told. We were brought down off of alert, I got some sleep, finally, and nothing was ever said to us about it anymore.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Coolhand, youre not gonna read anywhere about that little Hawk Missile incident.

The only problem I can see with your story is that the Hawk missile is strictly surface to air:

www.globalsecurity.org...

I am not saying your alert did not happen, just that someone gave you some bad info about it.

[Edited on 9/3/04 by COOL HAND]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join