Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Illegal Immigration and the Threat to US Security.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
To answer your question Coolhand, I was a troop for 4 years, all that time stationed overseas. So I know what Im talking about.

So why did you join in the first place? What, exactly, did you do? This is important.

Saudi Arabia? The same bastards that finance, fund, and breed the very terrorists that attack us on our own soil? We have already been told to leave by the SDaudis, thats why our forces are in Kuwait. Kuwait wants us there to protect them from Iraq. But where is the protection of America in all this mess? So far, all I see are a bunch of soldiers defending other countries from thier own age old tribal wars, nothing securing the defense or security of the US. And for your information, i spent 6 months in Dhahran, eastern Saudi Arabia. I know what Im talking about.

Where is the evidence that the people in power are funding the terrorists? I am sure that there are people there who do support them, hell there are people in the US who do. But for you to blame the entire country for the acts of a few is unbelieveable.

Also, where is the formal request for our forces to leave? I haven't seen it yet.

We have no friggin allies. The japanmese want us gone. Koreas? Dont care.

Really? Where is your proof of that? All you do is make claims that you cannot back up. Time to put up or shut up.

Our troops being stationed abroad are basically fighting wwars not pertaining to the security of the US. Responding to other hotspots is not benefitting us in the slightest. If anything, we bury ourselves. if we left, and allowed these assholes to weaken each other by fighting amongst themselves, then they would pose less a threat. Our troops on our borders would protect it from all the people sneaking in. The sheer numbers of people we got overseas is wasteful.

You think that they will just turn their attention on themselves and just forget about us? They won't think of expanding at all?

Our mission is to protect America from all enemies foreign and domestic. We cant friggin do that in some stinking #hole in the desert thats been killing each other since the dawn of civilization.

Do you know what deterrence is? Do you know how it works?

I am not interested in responding to threats around the world that dont pertain to security here. Im interested in troops being in thier own country defending thier own soil from sneaky illegals, terrorists, and manning long range weapons to make sure the big guys never try anything. other than that, the rest of the world cant piss off and do its own thing.

There is your problem, threats around the world DO pertain to our national security. If not, then you would never have had to spend all that time overseas. Our military would become the best Immigration service in the world if we used it the way you and ECK want to.

And as to the two world wars, I will say this again: manipulation into both, examine the events that got us into them and u will see that there was alot of shady dealings beforehand.

Once again, put up or shut up.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Your own words belie your ignorance, perhaps willful ignorance and lack of experience, you spurn advice to advance you're knowledge and you can't hold a candle to Skadi on the wisdom and experience, so don't even try.

You oughtta listen to what she says. She knows what she's talking about. And she's a much better friend than foe.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Your own words belie your ignorance, perhaps willful ignorance and lack of experience, you spurn advice to advance you're knowledge and you can't hold a candle to Skadi on the wisdom and experience, so don't even try.

How would you know what kind of experiences I have had? Are you that presumptous? You hardly know anything about me. You don't know where I live, what I do, how old I am. You don't see me making rash judgements about you, do you? So keep that crap to yourself.

BTW I took your advice and did look up that "pretext of war stuff." All I found is a bunch of leftist crap that was easy to poke holes in.

You oughtta listen to what she says. She knows what she's talking about. And she's a much better friend than foe.

No, I don't think she knows what she is talking about. That is why we are debating? Unlike you, who is just desperatly ranting.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That's exactly what I'm talking about. You're comments are more on par with a 14 year old. Across the board. I'm not the only one who's noticed this either.

That archive that you referred to, by the way, uh.. is a US Federal government archive. I rest my case.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

That's exactly what I'm talking about. You're comments are more on par with a 14 year old. Across the board. I'm not the only one who's noticed this either.

You are the only one saying anything about it.

That archive that you referred to, by the way, uh.. is a US Federal government archive. I rest my case.

What archive? What are you, on drugs or something?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Jesus Christ in a Taxi Cab, Coolhand, you have to be about the densest poster attempting to debate Ive seen yet.

My Proof? jesus Christ get off this thread and spend a little time looking at the THOUSANDS of posts and articlkes covering everything I just said.

I know how deterrance works. It was useful during the cold war. But in case no one shook you awake, the cold war is over, buddy, the commies aint gonna overrun western Europe anymore. TYheres no one to deter anymore. China? They aint dumb enough to attack the mainland. Who wants to expand? Who wants to take over the US? NO ONE. Hell, most countries on this friggin planet hardly have the means for expnasion, unless you count India and Pakistan. let em fight each other, i care not. We dont have any troops THERE do we, to deter them? No. Nor do we plan to, seeing how they have been fighting for the past few decades.

Deterrance did nothing to prevent terrorists from 9/11. Our presence world wide, if anything, has PROVOKED. It has provoked, and the strain on our budget from these constant deployments has skyrocketed our national debt. Our economy could blossom even more with military being returned stateside, seeing how I know how well soldiers spend and save.

So, get off your but, and try searching this site to find your "proofs", which Im actually surprised youd ask for, seeing how they are simple facts that have shown up in the news enough times, and any idiot kindergartener knows who pays attention.

I do not have the time nor patience nor bandwith to repost topics and articles that have been overposted a thousand times on this website.

Deterrance was a cold war tactic. It failed in Nam. Korea was a joke. deterrance simply does not work, now doies it? We arent fighting massive super powers in case you havent heard, buddy. We are fighting small invisible entities that have no national boundaries, know no flags, and move without detection. Deterrance does NOTHING to stop them.

Wake up and smell the new 21st century, then get back to me when you have caught up on modern history and events.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
In his new exposé of the National Security Agency entitled Body of Secrets, author James Bamford highlights a set of proposals on Cuba by the Joint Chiefs of Staff codenamed OPERATION NORTHWOODS. This document, titled “Justification for U.S. Military Intervention in Cuba” was provided by the JCS to Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara on March 13, 1962, as the key component of Northwoods. Written in response to a request from the Chief of the Cuba Project, Col. Edward Lansdale, the Top Secret memorandum describes U.S. plans to covertly engineer various pretexts that would justify a U.S. invasion of Cuba. These proposals - part of a secret anti-Castro program known as Operation Mongoose - included staging the assassinations of Cubans living in the United States, developing a fake “Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington,” including “sink[ing] a boatload of Cuban refugees (real or simulated),” faking a Cuban airforce attack on a civilian jetliner, and concocting a “Remember the Maine” incident by blowing up a U.S. ship in Cuban waters and then blaming the incident on Cuban sabotage. Bamford himself writes that Operation Northwoods “may be the most corrupt plan ever created by the U.S. government.”
Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Justification for US Military Intervention in Cuba [includes cover memoranda], March 13, 1962, TOP SECRET, 15 pp.

www.gwu.edu...

If you're more interested in truth - than say the sound of your own voice, this is an excellent place to start.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Jesus Christ in a Taxi Cab, Coolhand, you have to be about the densest poster attempting to debate Ive seen yet.

So you are saying I'm a challenge?

My Proof? jesus Christ get off this thread and spend a little time looking at the THOUSANDS of posts and articlkes covering everything I just said.

You mean the ones that put all kinds of false information up? Those threads?

I know how deterrance works. It was useful during the cold war. But in case no one shook you awake, the cold war is over, buddy, the commies aint gonna overrun western Europe anymore. TYheres no one to deter anymore. China? They aint dumb enough to attack the mainland. Who wants to expand? Who wants to take over the US? NO ONE. Hell, most countries on this friggin planet hardly have the means for expnasion, unless you count India and Pakistan. let em fight each other, i care not. We dont have any troops THERE do we, to deter them? No. Nor do we plan to, seeing how they have been fighting for the past few decades.

I don't think you understand how it works at all. It is still a useful thing today. If it was not in place, don't you think that we would be under almost constant attack? Since, as you pointed out earlier, we have no allies that must mean that eveyone hates us. If we did not have the deterrence in place then what is to prevent them from attacking us? Answer me that?

Deterrance did nothing to prevent terrorists from 9/11. Our presence world wide, if anything, has PROVOKED. It has provoked, and the strain on our budget from these constant deployments has skyrocketed our national debt. Our economy could blossom even more with military being returned stateside, seeing how I know how well soldiers spend and save.

I agree that it did not stop them on 9-11. But how many attacks have we had on US soil then? From any terrorist group?

So, get off your but, and try searching this site to find your "proofs", which Im actually surprised youd ask for, seeing how they are simple facts that have shown up in the news enough times, and any idiot kindergartener knows who pays attention.

I have looked through this site, and I have yet to find the proof that I can believe in and support that proves your claim. However, I am still looking.

I do not have the time nor patience nor bandwith to repost topics and articles that have been overposted a thousand times on this website.

No, I think that you know that the proof to support your claim is very skectchy and subjective at best. Rather than have an adult debate on the topic, you and ECK have decided to settle it like we are a bunch of teenagers and call each other names. This could go on all day, and then what? Next thing you know we will be challenging each other to a fight behind school? You and ECK need to grow up and act your age.

Deterrance was a cold war tactic. It failed in Nam. Korea was a joke. deterrance simply does not work, now doies it? We arent fighting massive super powers in case you havent heard, buddy. We are fighting small invisible entities that have no national boundaries, know no flags, and move without detection. Deterrance does NOTHING to stop them.

If deterrence is not working, then why are they not launching coordinated attacks more often? f it wasn't working in Iraq, then why are the terrorist groups not launching direct attacks on American forces instead of the little chicken # stuff they are doing?

Wake up and smell the new 21st century, then get back to me when you have caught up on modern history and events.

I am still waiting to hear what you did in the Army. I am now fairly sure that it will answer some of my questions for me.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
She was in a Patriot Missile Battery, Junior.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

She was in a Patriot Missile Battery, Junior.

As what? What rank? What unit?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Does anyone here think the illegal immigration has anything to do with the extremely high unemployment rate in this country? In other words, we're giving jobs to foreigners and laying off more and more Americans.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You'll have to ask her that stuff. She's straight up, if you think she's Bu#ting you.

She has served with the US Army in the shiZittiest place known to man. (Saudi) And she loves this country. What more do you need to know?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Does anyone here think the illegal immigration has anything to do with the extremely high unemployment rate in this country? In other words, we're giving jobs to foreigners and laying off more and more Americans.

The high unemployment rate is a direct result of NAFTA and GATT.

Illegal immigrants have had a huge effect on consumer pricing and crime rates. For example, an illegal is driving to work.. he hits a parked car, gashes his head and flees the scene. 1. Your insurance is gonna go up. 2. He's gonna go get emergency treatment and again, we're all gonna pay for it. 3. A crime has been committed b/c he's illegal and fled and there will be no justice.

It's outrageous this continues. The INS should be swept clean and built over from the ground up.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You'll have to ask her that stuff. She's straight up, if you think she's Bu#ting you.

I don't think that, I just wanted to know how she served?

She has served with the US Army in the shiZittiest place known to man. (Saudi) And she loves this country. What more do you need to know?

Why can't she answer up for herself? I am willing to wait till she is online again.

How would you know what it was like to serve in Saudi, where you there? I was.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ok, well I really hope I'm just over paranoid and stuff or putting two pieces together that don't go together or something. However, has anyone combined a few details dealing with this post????

1.) Keep the 'Traffic - Mini Series' Plot from the first post fresh in your mind. Read it again if you must.

Now include this...

2.) Before 9/11 there was a show and a book that depicted the exact or very similar thing happening as well, just before it did. (I know someone mentioned this too, but this was just a reminder.)

3.) Recently in the News is Bush's New Open Boarder Policy B.S. that has NO SECURITY.

Bush Backs off Fingerprinting Plan for Mexican Visitors

CRAWFORD, TEXAS — President Bush on Saturday backed off a plan to require frequent Mexico-U.S. travelers to be fingerprinted and photographed before crossing the border, a reversal welcomed by Mexican President Vicente Fox.

"We welcome the news that was confirmed today with regard to visitors to the U.S. from Mexico," Fox said at a news conference with Bush at the American president's ranch. "They will not have to be photographed or fingerprinted."

abclocal.go.com...

All I can say is that if I hear one report of Small Pox happen any time soon. I'm getting the F*CK outta dodge. This is exactly what the NWO Police State needs to begin. Outbreak like this would qualify as a 'Terrorist Attack'. There would be Panic. Country Wide Lockdown. Quarentines. Etc. Do you see what I mean?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is off topic but I just "have to" (sarcasm injected) believe that the immigrants are doing the jobs that Americans do not want to do themselves. That was Bush's spin on things a month ago or so.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

I was in the Gulf War. (Saudi Arabia, Iraq)

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

I was in the Gulf War. (Saudi Arabia, Iraq)

As what?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That was an episode of the now defunct "Lone gunman." Remember that? It was an X-Files spin-off. They literally had an episode where an airliner was hijacked by remote control and on course for hitting the World Trade Center. The computer was over ridden at the last minute by one of the good hackers. It's pretty damn creepy.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I was in a helicopter unit.

I sent you a u2u awhile back. You didn't see fit to respond. Now you want me to answer your questions?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join