It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration and the Threat to US Security.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Has anyone watched Traffic, the Mini Series? Then you know what Im talking about.

But for those who havent, part of the story, is that terrorists, stole bio weapons, small pox, from the Russians. They took the smallpox, infected a boatload of illegals who were trying to sneak into the US.

A Very realistic scenario. Terrorists wouldnt have to worry about smuggling a barrel of Anthrax across the borders: simply go to Hong Kong, Mexico, wherever, find a gaggle of illegals who are paying to sneak itno the US, Infect them with a contagion via food or water, and viola: your terror weapon has been delivered with cutoms and security none the wiser, and it can easily spread that way too.

Human distribution devices. So, I ask, if a damn Tv show can show the obvious, why the hell have our security guys not taken it into consideration and listed illegal sneak immigration as security threat number one?

Perhaps they already know, and are planning to look the other way like they did 9/11?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm sure its all a part of a concerted effort to destablize US security from our enemies within. What else could it be? It's outrageous.

Bush should be dumped for his treasonous immigration policy, alone.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
When I think about all the Chinese Boat people we have, and mexican migrant workers, plus countless other nationalities, illegals jumping off the boats, its a matter of when, not if. And yes, the lex attitude both by Democrats and republicans is endangering us bigtime. Walking human timebombs, with deadly viruses, ready to run amok on US soil. and our navy and armies thousands of miles away serving selflessly as target practice for bored locals or superstitous religious morons.

When I see tanks, humvees, and the 3rd armor division patrolling and populating the mexican and canadian borders, and when I see navy scout boats, patrol craft, and destroyers keeping a hawkeye on every boat that comes in and out of port, then ill feel safe.

Bombing third world nations does not make me feel safe.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You wanna know why illegal immigration isn't a bigger deal in this country?

The people in charge are (mostly) wealthy business owners, who LOVE the cheap-as-free sweatshop labor that illegal immigrants are willing to provide. If they took action and tightened immigration, suddenly they'd have nobody to man their jobs, so they'd have to (GASP!) hire American workers, and provide them basic human rights!

In the end, it all comes down to money.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
In regard to the problem of illegals from Mexico, I am sure you have heard the president of Mexico, Vicente Fox, say that all Mexicans that come to this country will always be considered Mexicans.
This is a disturbing idea. It sounds to me that he is voicing the beginnings of the American Union, the counterpart to the European Union.
Another reason the border will not close, the candidates need the Spanish vote. No one wantes to alienate that HUGE voting bloc.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Money and Votes. Thats a good part of it. Well, when all those illegals start dropping off like flies from dieases, ect....................

But we all know why they dont crack down. But we must look at how it will cost us if we dont. For those lazy peoples too lazy to mow their own lawns or clean their own houses, their cheapskate lazy boy mentality is costing this country dearly, and not just in the standard illegal problems, but now with security threats.

Remember the US mexico Soccer match in Mexico city? And all those Mexicans chanting "Osama"? And Fox........ that guy needs to get sanctioned REAL quick. He has been nothing but a pain in the bottom and a miserable excuse for a neighbor.

This lax attitude is gonna kill us, u know. In many ways. Hell, I remember all the outbreaks of typhoid, meningitis, and new flus in school, brought complimemts of all the illegal school kids who came here with no medical checks. Just wait until some serious germs are brought in.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There was a Vietnamese flu outbreak in Washington the summer I moved down south (1980). Came in with the boat people. And it was nasty. Many, many people were struck. Imagine if it were a biological weapon and all those people were used as carriers.
It's a very real possibility.

And I'm with you Skadi, we definitely need to put our troops along the Mexican AND Canadian borders. Especially considering 9-11.
Then North and South Korea could have all the sunshine policy their little hearts desired, Germany would have to prop up their own economy and Saudi Arabia would have to get their military shiZit together.
I know, wishful thinking...

That would be a strong national defense.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
ECK,
What would our foregin policy be if we had all of our troops in the US? In order to patrol both borders we would need everyone here, leaving all of our allies without our assistance.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Another reason the border will not close, the candidates need the Spanish vote. No one wantes to alienate that HUGE voting bloc.

Is it that big considering most are illegal anyway? This angers me to no end because we are rewarding criminals and Bush is the worst of them all, speaking in spanish and kissing up to them. I lived in Texas during his reign and let me tell you he is all about the mexicans. And the worse part is they are abused when they are here, low wages, no health care, virtual slavery. For gods sake send the home to protect them from rich white guys like Bush.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
One word: I S O L A T I O N I S M

Keep America out of other countries and keep other countries out of America. We don't fix our own problems but we sure can fix others???

Now we're talking about giving aliens the same social services available to Americans (some of whom pay the taxes).

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by titian
One word: I S O L A T I O N I S M

Keep America out of other countries and keep other countries out of America. We don't fix our own problems but we sure can fix others???

Last time we tried to do that we got sucked into a couple of World Wars. Is that what you want? I don't.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Mass immigration is aggravated by the economic system that currently dominates the world. Countries are servicing huge debts, which have forced them to privatize the public infrastructure and cut back on social services. The same debts force countries to abandon internal economic self-sufficiency and join the global market�s race to the bottom in pursuit of fickle foreign capital investment that has no real stake in our community. We are all pursuing a phantasm; throwing our money at short-term speculative ventures that seldom create anything of permanent value. Transnational business monopolies are eliminating the smaller businesses that have historically employed a greater percentage of people. Local populations are losing their sovereignty to faceless bankers and businessmen in lands far away, while political representatives have abandoned the needs of their countrymen to chase after bribes and treasonously corrupt private business deals.

Meanwhile, some countries seem to be covertly supporting terrorism against their own domestic populations in order to push these unpopular, illegitimate, illegal, and morally unjustifiable economic and cultural agendas.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
ECK,
What would our foregin policy be if we had all of our troops in the US? In order to patrol both borders we would need everyone here, leaving all of our allies without our assistance.

Precisely.which is where they belong. OUR borders are what our military SHOULD be defending, not other peoples borders.

Our allies? What ALLIES? Dont make me laugh. Our "allies" want us gone as much as many of us want them out of there. Our allies have thier own militaries, let them spend thier own money on whatever.

Our foreign policy? Isolationism. We got sucked up into two world wars because we were manipulated OUT of isolatyionism by backdoor deals and the like.

Our troops exist to defend American boreders from threats, not keep world peace or protect nonexistant allies. They need to be here patrolling our borders, and not overseas in other countries that have no love nor loyalty to.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
skadi has a point. the governments of our allies may want us there for the deterrence factor but do the people? the last I looked it was the people who mattered in democratically elected countries. i say we annex canada and lock up north america. mexico can go to central america (i thought it was officially part of north america). our educational system is suffering, our social services are abused, social security is a pipe dream for anyone younger than 55, yet we can help the iraqis write their new interim constitution?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It's outrageous. If our government gave a shiZit about our security they would throw sanctions on Vincente Fox's government so fast it'd make your head spin for promoting the illegal entry into the US of their citizens.

As it is, the whole system is beyond corrupt. The handful of Mexican elites encourage as many people as possible to head North to work. It gets rid of crime and unemployment in their backyard while propping up their economy. (from the moneys illegals send home to their families.) The Mexican government wins big in different ways. It's disgusting and disengenous for Bush to be so cozy with Fox. But then, I don't believe Bush has any concern for the security of this country. Afterall, he's benefitted greatly from our tradgedy.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Precisely.which is where they belong. OUR borders are what our military SHOULD be defending, not other peoples borders.

So you think that a good defense is all that we need? We do not need the preposition forces that can quickly respond to threats? You would rather just let us wait for something to happen, and then try to mobilize our forces here? Have you any idea how long that takes?

Our allies? What ALLIES? Dont make me laugh. Our "allies" want us gone as much as many of us want them out of there. Our allies have thier own militaries, let them spend thier own money on whatever.

So, places like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, South Korea, Taiwan, etc.. all want us gone? Then why aren't their governments asking us to leave?

Our foreign policy? Isolationism. We got sucked up into two world wars because we were manipulated OUT of isolatyionism by backdoor deals and the like.

No, we got pulled into the wars when American citizens started getting killed.

Our troops exist to defend American boreders from threats, not keep world peace or protect nonexistant allies. They need to be here patrolling our borders, and not overseas in other countries that have no love nor loyalty to.

How would you know what the mission of our troops are? Are you one of them?

Our mission (yes I am one of them) is to defend America and her citizens from all threats foregin and domestic. To do that we place our soldiers in key strategic areas so that they can quickly respond to a crisis before it gets out of hand.

What do you think would happen if we did not have soldiers in South Korea?

What about our treaty commitments? Are you just willing to throw those out?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Cool Hand, you could learn a lot from these two.

What? That they do not understand how deterrence works.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

So you think that a good defense is all that we need? We do not need the preposition forces that can quickly respond to threats? You would rather just let us wait for something to happen, and then try to mobilize our forces here? Have you any idea how long that takes?

So, places like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, South Korea, Taiwan, etc.. all want us gone? Then why aren't their governments asking us to leave?

No, we got pulled into the wars when American citizens started getting killed.

How would you know what the mission of our troops are? Are you one of them?

Our mission (yes I am one of them) is to defend America and her citizens from all threats foregin and domestic. To do that we place our soldiers in key strategic areas so that they can quickly respond to a crisis before it gets out of hand.

What do you think would happen if we did not have soldiers in South Korea?

What about our treaty commitments? Are you just willing to throw those out?

To answer your question Coolhand, I was a troop for 4 years, all that time stationed overseas. So I know what Im talking about.

Taiwan? Let em figure it out on thier own. Seeing how we lose so many jobs to them anyway, maybe that would be a good "detterant" from US companies setting up shop there.

Saudi Arabia? The same bastards that finance, fund, and breed the very terrorists that attack us on our own soil? We have already been told to leave by the SDaudis, thats why our forces are in Kuwait. Kuwait wants us there to protect them from Iraq. But where is the protection of America in all this mess? So far, all I see are a bunch of soldiers defending other countries from thier own age old tribal wars, nothing securing the defense or security of the US. And for your information, i spent 6 months in Dhahran, eastern Saudi Arabia. I know what Im talking about.

We have no friggin allies. The japanmese want us gone. Koreas? Dont care.

Our troops being stationed abroad are basically fighting wwars not pertaining to the security of the US. Responding to other hotspots is not benefitting us in the slightest. If anything, we bury ourselves. if we left, and allowed these assholes to weaken each other by fighting amongst themselves, then they would pose less a threat. Our troops on our borders would protect it from all the people sneaking in. The sheer numbers of people we got overseas is wasteful.

Our mission is to protect America from all enemies foreign and domestic. We cant friggin do that in some stinking #hole in the desert thats been killing each other since the dawn of civilization.

I am not interested in responding to threats around the world that dont pertain to security here. Im interested in troops being in thier own country defending thier own soil from sneaky illegals, terrorists, and manning long range weapons to make sure the big guys never try anything. other than that, the rest of the world cant piss off and do its own thing.

And as to the two world wars, I will say this again: manipulation into both, examine the events that got us into them and u will see that there was alot of shady dealings beforehand.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What really ticks me off is that I married a German national, my children are American Citizens, who were born in Germany, An I still! had to wait 1 year for my wifes visa to go through!. What a crock!

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
What really ticks me off is that I married a German national, my children are American Citizens, who were born in Germany, An I still! had to wait 1 year for my wifes visa to go through!. What a crock!

All you had to do was fly into Mexico and she could have walked across the boarder and got her benefits and the protection of this president.

Shame on you for trying to do it legally. Break the law and you would be rewarded.

Oh btw, sorry to hear it took so long, you should not have had to wait like that, especially if children are involved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join