It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I thought while i was online i would ask this out of noting but curiosity. I have been reading through alot of posts on the Paranormal section of ATS tonight.
My question being on lucid dreams hence the title, From my understanding Lucid Dreaming is being conciousley aware you are in a dream. If this is indeed correct is this common as since i was very young i would say almost 70% at least of my dreams, i am aware that i am dreaming i i tend to be able to control my actions reaction. I used to and to be honest with you still do to help me deal with my nightmares.

Is this very common?

Also i find sometimes, not that often i can have the same dream replayed over and over again each time exactly the same way consecutivley up to six times is the maximum.

Im sorry if this question has been answered, It maybe a useless thread. I was just hoping for some answers.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Needsaguide

I haven't really talked to other people about lucid dreaming, so I wouldn't know, but I have experienced it. In the dream, I know it's a dream, but I go on with the dream's "story". Would that be considered lucid dreaming? In numerous dreams (mostly in the past year) I have noticed I was indeed in a dream, but I couldn't do whatever I wanted in them. For example, in more than one dream, I have tried to fly. I would jump and think of flying, but it wouldn't happen.

In one of my dreams, I wanted to fly, but couldn't. I saw a kid nearby say something weird, and some magic or something popped up. I said the word, and I grew wings and started to fly. I have to admit, it isn't very easy to fly with wings. The problem is, I can't remember what the word (or phrase) was! That probably means I STILL won't be able to do anything I want in my dreams.

I also had a nightmare where something scary was about to happen, but I sort of knew it was going to happen, so I made a fake scream (in the dream) so it would end, but that part replayed and was scarier than it was before!

My dreams aren't usually very interesting. Nothing amazing happens in them. Flying was awesome, but it hasn't happened since.

And about the other thing, that doesn't really happen with me. I have dreams that are very similar to other dreams (usually a variation of a nightmare), but none that are exactly the same, and definitely not consecutively. In dreams I had several years ago, (in the dream) I would be in my basement about to go upstairs. The doorbell rings, and I would freeze. I couldn't move at all, and usually something freaky or bizarre happens while I am frozen.

To sum up, I am usually aware I am in a dream, but I feel I have no control over it. I also don't have much of an imagination, so maybe I feel dreams can offer something new.

Also, I'm not a very spiritual person. I'm a skeptical (in regards to the paranormal and aliens) atheist.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by flyindevil]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Needsaguide
[...] as since i was very young i would say almost 70% at least of my dreams, i am aware that i am dreaming i i tend to be able to control my actions reaction.

Same here.
I remember that I was very young the first time I had a lucid dream and the majority of the dreams I've had since then have been lucid. I'm usually able to control what happens in them (although for some reason I sometimes have to narrate them or say out loud in the dream what's going to happen next...has this happened to anyone else?) as well.

From what I've been reading, it seems like lucid dreams are supposed to be rare for most people, but could it be that having them at such a young age can influence how often they occur?

[edit on 10-7-2008 by nina.]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I've been an avid lucid dreamer for the past 25+ years. It took me about five years before I realized I could control my dream environment, and that was a fluke. I was having a nightmare, and I was so scared I jumped and literally flew out of danger.

After that I thought, hmmm... this flying at will thing is pretty good. Flying dreams are still my favorite. It also got me over my fear of heights!

new topics

top topics

join