It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are alien backup plan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Is it possible that aliens created us with our so called Junk DNA so that if they ever needed a copy of there own they would have it?

If our junk dna is just de-activated alien dna then they can come and grab a copy of it anytime they need it.

Even if we scale this down to say that they didnt create us just modifiedy our dna thousands of years ago then...you never know?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

I dont know about using us as a backup plan, I do think that our DNA has been modifyed by someone/something out there. There are just to many missing links with the theory of Evolution.

IMO of course!

Edit for spelling

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Tiste Andii]

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Tiste Andii]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
na, actually it's a pretty brilliant idea. having the capacity to create a "back-up" is great.
why not? if you can tap into the full gamut, then why not if just for the sake of knowledge itself?

that idea alone can really run wild if you think about it. gets pretty macro pretty quick.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What a cool thought??

Great subject HCML

I agree that there are simply too many gaps in the evolutionary cycle to explain human beings.

I just can't get behind the stated theories that we were apes at one time. From what I understand about evolution, the species that you evolve from disappears after you take the stage. If that is true, why are there still apes?

I'm getting off subject, sorry.

The DNA thing is an interesting theory. That "junk" DNA has to mean something to someone.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by contactee

Oh, i like that.

It suggests that some critter has been eating up alien roadkill.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Anywho, just so it doesn't look like i'm diverting the thread, even though i did so unintentionally, i'll pass a comment on the subject matter at hand.

Personally, i think it's more likely that we're an offshoot of the alien species, with greater capabilities at understanding the physical reality in which we sit.

If we did indeed ride here on the back of some dead planet, that suggests to me one of two things;

1) We are the only humans in the universe, but once our planet is destroyed (at some point) we will repopulate somewhere else in the same universe.

or

2) We are not the only humans in the universe, but our inter-galactic cousins are very different from us.

The ability to traverse space (perhaps time, if we want to go all inter-dimensional, lol) is something that would require ground-root technologies to do if we weren't using a controlled means of transportation (perhaps we were, and that comet is still sitting somewhere in the vast oceans of planet earth, with a nifty little secret inside it).

To the point of which, i wouldn't even call it technology anymore.

I'm talking about something inherently biological, something which can shape and craft life similar to the way an ant queen decides whether or not to make a warrior ant or a drone (i'm assuming they have a choice here, btw), but thousands of times more evolved.

As such, i'm thinking that if we have indeed been hurled across space by some purer strain of humanity, we should not have any preconceptions of what our cousins look like - for all we know they might look like the blob from outer space or something.

Anyway, with all that said and done, there is something inherently... alien about the hive-swarms...

top topics

join