It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mason help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
ok i have ancestores who are masons and im not saying that its true or anything cuz i dont know anything bout it and im including the acestors are masons just to let ou know that i have family in it ok well i have always wonder what the possibilities of the masons beinn the reason for the witch hunts and stuff like that i dont think that they could be but if they werent than who was

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am certainly no expert, but I don't think that the Mason's were involved in the witch hunts. Why would you think that?

It seems they are blamed for just about everything!

I am coming to believe that they have protected wisdom for the rest of us in some form, but of course I have no inside information, just my own research.

I understood that the Christians were the ones who instigated the witch hunts and murders, weren't they? Or some folks claiming to follow that religion who were really sadists.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
CATHOLICS are responsible for the witch hunt. Or Protestants . One of them. I dont think the Masons are as bad as people think.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Puritans (basically super-conservative Protestants) started the witch hunts. (I just studied it last year in school.) I don't really see why the masons are blamed for so much, they might be secretive but that doesn't mean they are hiding anything really sinister. I know since they are masons, thier input woudn't necessarily count for much, but most Masons I've seen just say there is nothing going on, I don't see much reason not to believe them.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Those that are responsible for the witch hunts are the same responsible for the Anti-mason propoganda. Men of malevolent character, ignorant of truth, and believe others have the same dark hearts as they.

A liar always believe they are being lied too.

A thief always beleives others are ready to steal from them.

It's no different for those who look for malevolent hidden agendas among a group who has always strived to better their communities, and dedicate themselfs to service, and obligation.

Altruism isn't a concept they understand.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't know, but from what I hear they didn't involve themselves in that section of time. They let the other's do it, projecting their power to politics and making a step in their future. I wouldn't worry about it too much. ^_^ And I remember something about the puritans too.

new topics

top topics

join