It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media's Logic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Today i was watching CNN, and I have seen something that i have seen every day since the presidential race began, but somehow had never noticed. it says CNN=Politics all over the screen.

Some of you will agree with me when i say this, and some of you wont, but if CNN=politics, and politics=lies, then CNN=lies, correct?

Now, i'm not trying to start any arguments, but i think that we can all agree in this day and age, politics in the U.S. have become a joke. Politicians do pretty much whatever they want, and as long as the white house has their back, they can get away with it by citing "executive privilege". I think that it's interesting that no president has invoked executive privilege as much as George W. Bush.

Why doesn't the media talk about this? Are California wildfires and whether or not Jean Benet Ramsey's parents are cleared 10 years after the fact from DNA evidence more important than our nation's leaders pretty much wiping their butts with the constitution?

It's almost as if people are oblivious to these glaring facts as well. I try to talk to my friends about the things that are going on, but the only thing they seem to care about is whether Obama's kids gave a good impression on TV compared to McCain's "bad jokes".

Am I dreaming, or has our society been given some sort of anti common sense drug?

*NOTE: I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic, so if the mods feel that it's not, feel free to move it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

sandman, people are oblivious. No 'almost' about it. I appreciate your attempt at diplomacy, however.

That said, perhaps the sodium flouride is the 'anti common sense' drug. It's in your water. Mine too [and I live near the greatest freshwater source in the world, the Great Lakes!].

People don't 'care' about the perversion of OUR Constitution because they are so purposefully distracted with GREED. And LUST. And GLUTTONY. And...you know the rest.

And before some hateful fundamentalist "Christian" wants to piggy-back on my reference of the Seven Deadly Sins, let me remind you Bible-beaters of just how ANGRY you sound.

If I'm not mistaken, the only time Jesus got angry [at least in the approved gospels] was for kicking usurers out of the temple. Usury is loan-sharking. And was considered immoral for a very long time.

Of course, the temple of the United States is the Federal Reserve, who've re-written the book on usury!

The MSM are, institutionally, whores to corporate interests. These interests are packaged and passed along onto us as 'good for America'. BS. Unless 'good' includes fear, sensationalism, reactionary punditry, and 'good', old fashioned PRIDE.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hey man, it's what sells.
The uneducated and uninterested masses can't be bothered with 'real politics', so the news corporations sell entertaining news, rather than the facts.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
While we're on the topic of bashing the MSM, there is something in particular about the political news that has really been ticking me off lately: the way everything is presented almost like they way they do sportscasting. You have a lot of big beefy guys all yelling and getting all excited about every! Little! Detail! With! Exclamation marks! At the end! of every sentence!! Then these "swooooshing" sounds, or big rumbling and exploding sound effects like they use for monday night football, with "scoreboxes" for each "team" popping up in red or blue...frankly its embarrasing when you compare it to the sober, measured, calm and (relatively) rational way they talk about politics on TV in Europe or Asia. It's like we are too stupid or easily distracted to "get" politics unless its turned into something like the world wrestling federation.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I would love more than anything to see how everything in america works change. I'd love to see the fed get its mandate revoked. i'd love to see our economy collapse, so that we can rebuild it into something that isn't based on debt. I'd love to see the mainstream media report the news as is, instead of adding spin that conforms to it's own agenda. I'd love to see politicians do things to support the people that elected them, instead of doing things that benefit themselves in the long run.

I'd love to see our military equipped nearly as well as some foreign militaries are, instead of forcing them to use equipment that is old and unserviceable because the politicians have so much money invested in the companies that supply the military, lining their own pockets.

I'd love to see colleges stop charging their students exorbitant amounts of money to provide them with an "education" that doesn't guarantee them a job while at the same time putting them into debt for years to come just so they can pay back the tuition.

I'd love to see george bush admit the real reason we went into iraq. I'd love to see CEO's make only marginally more than their lower employees, instead of making millions or billions while their own employees are struggling to pay their mortgages.

But more than any of these, i'd most love to see a world where it's inhabitants aren't mindless sheep, but instead free-thinking people who aren't slaves to their own society.

wow... i really went off there, didn't I? i'll get off my soapbox now

top topics

join