It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don"t take the bait!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well I'll tell ya this is so in the duh catergory!!I ran is throwing us the bait, cause if we do strike ,well its just some usa trying to bully smaller countries. if usa doesnt then we are soft, now im hearing that we should do the airstrikes cause we could destroy them in a flash while the Israelis it might take a lil more time!! I m curious to know how many israelis are on the ground with us in iraq? now im not saying we shouldnt be there allie ..i feel they are a great allie to have.
the missles that Iran tested today(yesterday)were med and long range missles, no chance of ever even coming close to ruining our day
maybe they would hit some of our bases throughout europe but any way i feel that Israel should take care of there own "light work" plus i think it would give us a better percpective on what the Iranians are capable of

any way i hope bush dont take the bait for one last hurrah before he goes down as the worst prez ever
by the way i am a RIGHT WING SOLDIER so for me to say this is dihardening to myself!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The reality of it is this.
They have Shahab-4 missiles with a range of 2000km.
They could hit Israel.
However, they could expand these Shahab-4 into Shahab-6 which have a range of 10000km.Then they could indeed ruin our day.
Iran is run by a dictator who believes in the religious propaganda of Islam.
Destroy the infidel and the Jews at any cost.
Any weapons in the hands of someone like this is a danger to everyone.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Being_From_Earth]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Even With Russia saying that they will back Iran. Is Israel and US that stupid. What if Israel just attacks Iran without the US. Do you think Russia would still be involved or only if we back them. Russia has missiles that can reach America...

[edit on 10-7-2008 by isa75]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
you tell us not to ` take the bait ` the go ahead and swallow it yourself - what gives ??

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth

Interesting perspective, it could equally be claimed that the US is run by a fascist tyrant who believes in the Christian version of Apocalypse...either way they both should be relieved of their power.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
Destroy the infidel and the Jews at any cost.
Any weapons in the hands of someone like this is a danger to everyone.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Being_From_Earth]

Last time I checked, Ahmadinejad, who is much more right-wing and militaristic than his predecessor, Khatami, who was a relative moderate and actually quite "liberal" for the region, was democratically elected by a public who wanted a stronger leader, fearing an American aggression after the invasion of Iraq. Considering he got 62% of the public's vote, his presidency can hardly be considered illegitimate, therefore, one cannot actually call him a dictator, not to mention the fact that he is in no way a sole authority or autocratic leader of his government.

As far as the Ayatollah.... Khamenei is hardly Khomeini.

Fact is, in the civilised world, you can't go around removing leader of nations just because you don't like them, or they stand up to you, or they refuse to play by your rules(which are piled up against them, in favor of you.) Could you imagine the backlash that would occur from the United States if leaders of other nations were as demanding of us as we are of them? What would happen if the UN turned around to the US and said, "nope, you can't do that..."? Oh, wait, that has happened plenty of times, and what happens? We blow them off, because what are they going to do to us? Nothing. What would happen if another country was overtly plotting an overthrow of our government? We'd blast them back till kingdom come...

Funny how we're the ones blitzkreiging the Middle East, and they're still always the absolute uncompromising evil...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Iran has perhaps the most powerful military force in the Middle East (excluding Israel), and apparently it now has missile defenses. Considering this and the fact that we are already waging a war on two separate fronts, we might want to reconsider our aggressive policies towards the Iranians. Just a thought.

Also, Iran - aside from its usual bluff and swagger - hasn't really done anything to provoke us. We can't just keep knocking down governments because they say things that are distasteful to us, otherwise we are going to find ourselves engaged in perpetual conflict.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kontagion

If you study up a little bit on Iran, they seriously believe the end of the world is coming, and President Mahmoud is more then ready to start it, he wants it the whole country does.

top topics

join