It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judiciary Committee chairman requests special counsel to investigate CIA rendition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Judiciary Committee chairman requests special counsel to investigate CIA rendition

rawstory.com

House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI), Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties Subcommittee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), and Foreign Affairs Chairman of the International Organizations, Human Rights and Oversight Subcommittee, Bill Delahunt (D-MA), today called on Attorney General Michael Mukasey to appoint a special counsel to investigate the rendition of a Canadian citizen, Maher Arar, to Syria.

Returning home to Canada in September 2002, Mr. Arar was detained at JFK airport in New York based on false intelligence suggesting ties to terrorist activity. Despite finding that he would likely be subject to torture, Mr. Arar was then removed to Syria at the direction of the Commissioner of the INS and the Office of the Deputy Attorney General. Mr. Arar was subsequently imprisoned for nearly a year and tortured.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Impeachment is creeping back on the table and now this!!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I saw the other thread, too....

There may be hope yet...maybe all of Congress is not asleep at the wheel, as I previously suspected!

Or, maybe these are cheap ploys to win back public favor for reelection after Bush is gone?

Personally, I would like to believe that this Administration WILL be held accountable, but I'm not holding my breath.

join