It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Destroyed China's Largest Military Armory, Says Source (Nuclear Warhead Explosion implie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I do not mean to burst your bubble, but radiation levels in underground nuclear explosions have very little atmospheric fallout.

Negligible fallout in terms of human health, but very easily measurable. IIRC the US keeps a fleet of specialized aircraft for that very purpose, to detect underground nuclear explosions and verify compliance with the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty via high altitude atmospheric sampling. So, presumably, do other governments, including Japan and South Korea, two of China's immediate neighbors. Private organizations such as universities also run high altitude atmospheric sampling programs, and would also detect traces of a fission explosion, underground or not: no containment is perfect.

Atmospheric sampling was recently used to confirm the North Korean underground nuclear test, IIRC, by the International Monitoring System.

More about that here (from Wikipedia: Underground Nuclear Testing:

When negotiations began in the mid-1990s to develop a comprehensive test ban, the international community was reluctant to rely upon the detection capabilities of individual nuclear weapons states (especially the United States), and instead wanted an international detection system. The resulting International Monitoring System consists of a network of a total of 321 monitoring stations and 16 radionuclide laboratories. Fifty "primary" seismic stations send data continuously to the International Data Center, along with 120 "auxiliary" stations which send data on request. The resulting data is used to locate the epicentre, and distinguish between the seismic signatures of an underground nuclear explosion and an earthquake. Additionally, eighty radionuclide stations detect radioactive particles vented by underground explosions. Certain radionuclides constitute clear evidence of nuclear tests; the presence of noble gases can indicate whether an underground explosion has taken place. Finally, eleven hydroacoustic stations and sixty infrasound stations monitor underwater and atmospheric tests.

So feel no need to apologize, no bubble has been burst

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Thanks...

Now, I would like to see the reports from these Southeast Asian Agencies as quoted from the original source:

According to sources, a nuclear accident did happen. On June 27, the Chinese military disclosed that 2,700 chemical cleanup workers had been sent to earthquake disaster areas for nuclear chemical emergency rescue. A villager said, "At that time, I heard a huge explosion and saw red substances tens of meters high rising off the mountain. This scared me to death."

After carefully analyzing seismic data, military experts in southeast Asia confirmed a non-geological shock had occurred at the earthquake epicenter. The energy released was equivalent to that of an underground nuclear explosion.

Would be nice if they could list where they were getting this information....hard to back this up without some actual data out for the public to see.

-Kdial1

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
it is also worthy of mention that the nukes stored there are not contained in the same way as you would contain a planned, live detonation for testing. The environment is much less controlled, and far more radiation likely leaked out.

I bet the relief workers were handing out iodine tablets en masse. Can't have a bunch of Chinese people dying right before their "crowning moment" on the world stage at th eOlympics.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, it could have been many reasons. The sites I listed earlier are Uranium enrichment facilities and Research facilities. They could have just been storing Nuclear material at the Armory for the Research facilities. Accidentally, started an uncontrolled explosion of all the conventional armaments in the Armory and caused a "Dirty Bomb" to go off, I am speculating of course.

-Kdial1

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferengi
Is scalar weaponry real?

Does anyone think it is being used?

I think it is more likely that the nuclear accident caused the earthquake. imagine all those megatons going off underground...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Negligible fallout in terms of human health, but very easily measurable. IIRC the US keeps a fleet of specialized aircraft for that very purpose, to detect underground nuclear explosions and verify compliance with the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty via high altitude atmospheric sampling.

I think if this whole thing is true then China probably would hold it's hands up to the other govts (USA UK etc) and cut some sort of "you scrath my back" kinda deal so that the whole thing is kept hushed up.

Any one know what access to the airspace is like?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hi

Does anyone know what a nuclear explosion registers as on the richter scale?

If around 7.9 then............

I for one do not think an attack was made on china, possibly as mentioned previously an accident (of major proportions) happened. If for instance an underground nuclear facility was close to the centre of an earthquake, could that cause a major incident, is the core still falling towards the centre of the earth, will this create a new volcano which will spew radioactive lava?

Anyway if nothing else well worth a movie.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
There was another post before about the Chinese nuclear facilities blew up and cause large concrete to fly all over the place, reported by a witness.

I doubt the US would cause the earthquake. If they did have such a weapon like people claim HAARP can do. Iran would be a third world country by now.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

The blast might have been equivalent to that of a nuclear blast, but that doesn't neccesarily mean that it was a nuclear blast. From what I've gathered, a large armory existed in that mountain. A collapse of an interior facility housing a "large" armory and exploding from a powerful quake makes sense to me. If their concrete is anything comparable to the quality of the crap they ship over here, well, need I explain? Also, the reports of nuclear r&d and possibly reactors inside the facility is interesting. Makes more sense that the chem troops where suited that way, not because of a nuclear release, but from a conventional explosion with nuclear fallout.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Hey Guys,
Now HAARP may have caused the waves that triggered of the earthquake, and maybe there have been nuclear accidents in the sites reported, but there is NO WAY this was caused by an actual nuclear chain reaction inside one of these test sites or the armory.

The energy released by an 7.9 earthquake is massive, absolutely huge. The Sichaun event liberated around the equivalent of around 600 megatons.

Thats a really big amount of energy even in relation to nuclear weapons/reactors.

For illustration the Largest nuclear bomb every exploded was known as the Tsar and exploded by The Soviet Union on the 30th October 1961. It was actually "retarded" on purpose as the design allowed a 100 megaton blast, but to reduce the radioactive fallout a 50 megaton explosion took place.

This actually was the "cleanest" nuclear test ever with 97% of the material changed into energy, and not fallout.

This explosion was on our human perspective huge.

windowpanes were partially broken to distances of 900 km

Despite being exploded in the atmosphere, it generated substantial seismic signals. According to a bulletin of the U.S. Geological Survey it had seismic magnitude mb = 5.0 to 5.25. The blast wave was detected circling the world.[Khalturin et al 2005]

Despite the very substantial burst height of 4,000 m (13,000 ft) the vast fireball reached down to the Earth, and swelled upward to nearly the height of the release plane. The blast pressure below the burst point was 300 PSI, six times the peak pressure experienced at Hiroshima. The flash of light was so bright that it was visible at a distance of 1,000 kilometers, despite cloudy skies

Nuclear Weapon Archive

So this is the largest bomb ever tested. To put in in perspective the explosion a Hiroshima was around 25KT thats kilo tons or thousands of tons of TNT explosion.

This Tsar Bomb was 50 Megatons do the math.

Now people are saying a 600 Megaton nuclear event occurred?

Unlikely, even if a earthquake/HAARP set of one bomb (unlikely again as why would they be armed or have the triggers ready? also they still shouldn't go off.

If however one was set of in an armory or research facility, it is implausible to state a "chain reaction"would take place with the other fissionable material in the other bombs in close proximity. Its science fiction, a Blag, an urban myth. If these events were possible when lightening strikes open exposed uranium as found in some parts of the earth, a chain reaction would be started.

I can assure you the Manhattan project would have taken half the time and research, if the nature of nuclear physics operated like that.

The initial event of explosion would not compress the nuclear material evenly enough, even in a sealed lab underground. The energy, would be unsymmetrical leading to a "fizzle". The same as when tests go wrong and bombs donut explode fully.

Now this fizzle would happen with normal atomic bombs. The idea that a Thermonuclear reaction could be started in this way is even less implausible.

Only the energy released in 12 of the largest thermonuclear bombs ever made exploding at once could have liberated this energy.

As shown this is impossible by the current understanding of nuclear engineering/physics, accident HAARP or not, scalar weapons, whatever.

Whatever it was that triggered this it certainly was not a huge nuclear explosion. One accident would not lead to a "chain reaction"as postulated, certainly those other weapons/ material in the area of the initial blast would add to and become part of the event, but not as designed to do liberating all the nuclear material into energy.

One thing is for sure, the radiation fallout from this would have been huge if any of the sealed nature of a lab facility was breached, especially if the event as postulated split the mountain in two etc.

Further proof of this can be seen in the Tsar test. Even though the explosion took place at a height or altitude of 4KM high a Richter reading for the event was detected at around 5.2 - 5.4 .

So a 600 megaton event would also have a Richter reading, a single in time with no other seismic activity event. The seismic records for the event do seem to display the normal seismic patterns for an earthquake to include the aftershocks and building s waves. Even if that quake was started unnaturally.

To surmise, It is plausible to say the event may have a unnatural cause or "trigger" i.e. HAARP.

Nuclear accidents have probably happened due to the earthquake.

Those accidents did not start a nuclear chain reaction, and the event was not caused by nuclear means.

Kind Regards,

Elf

Richter Magnitude Scale

The Tsar Test

BBC A Short history of "Fizzles"

Virginia EDU a good Q&Aseesion on the reality of nuclear explosions

An Idea of the difficulty of trying to start a Chain reaction, even when trying! Frisch-Peierls paper 1940 manhatten

Nuclear Physics

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Certainly sounds to me as either "earthquake as weapon of war" or "earthquake spawned by underground nuclear bomb testing".

Do you think that this might possibly related to the weird lights and colourful clouds that were seen over China moments before it actually happened?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I heard early reports after the quake, that said that a secert Chiniese Nucuelar Base was damaged, and their might be some leakage out of the plant...

Strange to see this confrimed by a 'reputable' source...

Intresting to say the least... i hope that there is no radiationm in the Rivers...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Come on, must we bring this idea up again? Nukes do not work that way, you can't make a 7.9 quake easily from them, the scale is huge. As the above person said, it would take about a 600 MT blast, which is far larger than even the Tsar Bomba.

To top it off, the main evidence against it, the seismic traces, are freely available and can be seen here (pdf). The explosion type of trace is characterized by a very sharp peak vibration falling rapidly (though it can last a while). The trace from the Sichuan quake does not look like that at all, and starts off small increasing in magnitude to the main event, as opposed to a single peak. The actual waveform in the link will not be perfect, as anyone with a reasonable scientific knowledge will know that real life never follows a perfect, expected result. It can be explained due to the fact that the different waves making up a trace arrive at different times (the p and s waves).

The nuclear trace, compared with a standard earthquake, can be seen:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This guy makes a great case for HAARP, and how HAARP could be used to control the weather. The strange lights in the clouds are also explained relative to HAARP.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

It has to be something like this. Yet, I have heard an unsubstantiated "it wasn't us (US)" statement.
Could the Han have bungled an inside job or could we have influenced somethig the Chinese were conducting as a cover/tactic?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

yes they are in no danger of 'going off' under any circumstances such as what happened....the weapon needs that chain reaction detonation to do its thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Ok this is an actual scientific phenomenon guys...the lights and strange colors in the sky within the general area of the quake...this is totally normal and is seen regularly prior to these events. It has nothing to do with anything nefarious or paranormal.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

No way was this a conventional nuclear weapon. People would have been screaming about it from all over the region-beyond China. At least.
Who needs them anyway with "Superweapons?"

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Certainly sounds to me as either "earthquake as weapon of war" or "earthquake spawned by underground nuclear bomb testing".

Do you think that this might possibly related to the weird lights and colourful clouds that were seen over China moments before it actually happened?

Actually, those clouds have nothing to do with any seismic activity, nor are they unnatural or anything of that nature.

It's simply a very rare atmospheric phenomena called a Fire Rainbow, or a Circumhorizontal Arc.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm going to refrain from addressing anything else in the thread, because I'd only be able to offer my opinion and I know next to nothing about all that stuff.
I know exactly what the clouds are though.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
no one from the scientific world said anything. they monitor all big events with their research. it sure should registered.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join