It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


What drew me to ATS.

page: 1

log in


posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:16 PM
Hello everyone.

I never made an official introduction post so I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself to the masses and let you all know a little about me.

Although I signed up on July 1 and posted something I seen at Site R on July 2, I never took the time to say hello first. If you read my post about Site R then you know a little about me. I am 38 and I live in Middletown Pa. For those that are not readily familiar with Middletown you might be aware of our biggest attraction (even though not for a good thing). That is Three Mile Island, I see the cooling towers out my front door.

Before the obligatory TMI comments let me be first to fire the first shot. Yes the Fishing around TMI is awesome but no I have not caught anything mutated yet (if you don't count the wife, just kidding). The biggest drawback about living here is that you can never play a game of hide-and-go-seek, especially at night. It is hard to hide when you are glowing.

I live a relatively mundane life, I install satellite and communication systems. I am married with 3 kids and for the most part really enjoy life.

As I had said I registered on July 1st but that is by far not my first visit to ATS. If I had to guess I could easily say I was a "silent" witness to ATS for at least a year before joining.

Now what drew me here was the topic of the paranormal. When I was a kid I had 2 seperate paranormal experiences. One at age 5 and one at 11. The one at 5 was more of a fleeting experience back then but now some other things dont add up. The one at age 11 was a more detailed and life altering experiences that has had me questioning my sanity for the last 27 years.

So My main interest is in the Paranormal Studies but I also enjoy the Aliens & UFO's board but I have never had a first hand experience that peaked my interest in that area like the Paranormal. Just the fact I have an analytical mind is why I like the UFO area. With that being said I personally believe we are not alone in the universe (that presumption in my mind is ludicrous). I guess the main question is "are we being visited"?

That is a tough question, I personally feel that 90% "evidence" is a product of a hoax. That being said I believe that "embellishing" is a form of a hoax no matter how small. That leaves the remaining 10% to be split among government secret projects and actual Alien evidence, I leave that up to you to decide the split.

Well now you know a little about me and in the future I am sure to learn more about some of you, so thanks for the site and I will see you in the forums.

Thanks and Talk to you later

P.S. Please excuse my spelling and grammar errors, although English IS my first language I choose to excell at kickball instead.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by jwstarry]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:22 PM
Welcome aboard jwstarry! As you have no doubt already discovered, there is always a little something for everyone at ATS.

BTW, I never excelled at kickball. Dodgeball was always more my game!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:31 PM
Welcome to ATS.

I love your sense of humour, it's very refreshing.

I didn't excel at anything so I have no excuses.

Again nice to have you aboard.


p.s. humour is spelled right according to my Canadian Dictionary

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:56 PM
reply to post by YAHWEH333

What is that all about? Did I do something wrong?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:03 PM
reply to post by jwstarry

Don't worry about it. From time to time we get jokers (aka trolls) that are only here to disrupt and try to ruin the ATS experience for others.

Welcome to ATS.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask, we have lots of people around that will help.

Thats a very nice introduction you've written, it's nice to meet you.

see you around the board.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
Oh okay. So YAHWEH333 did not post that rather a Moderator removed his post. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:52 PM
Hi jwstarry and welcome to ATS. I hope to run into you out there. Enjoy yourself and stop by BTS sometime when you need to relax, laugh or get a new recipe if that's your thing.

Oh...BTW, all of us here at ATS question our sanity. HEHE


top topics


log in