It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to create an Obama Smear Thread!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
How to create an Obama Smear Thread on ATS!

First..Find an article or qoute and remove it from context or change it all-together and cut and paste it into your thread and give it a sensational headline like ...OBAMA Worships Monkey Gods!! PROOF!

second..provide psuedo links or data, do not worry about the credibility of the source or about accuracy or bias, for many the fact that you simply posted a link will be enough.

Do not worry about the mountains of conflicting evidence to what you are saying. Yes eventually intelligent people will systematically thoroughly debunk your "evidence" on the thread,

BUT HERE IS THE GREAT PART....most people will not read the thread and see how clearly you have warped the truth or used bad data and sources, they will only read your headline then skip to the end of the post and reply with something like "I don't want no Monkey God Worshipper as my president" , NEVER seeing all of the posters who actually did the research and showed you were full of it.

Mission accomplished! It's not the facts or discussion. It's the HEADLINE!

Oh how very little propagandists think of the common US citizen!

[edit on 10-7-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's not that hard to create an Obama smear thread.

All you have to do is criticize Obama, true or not, but just the Criticism itself is a smear. Not only is it a smear, it is out and out racism.

Barack Hussein Obama is running for President of the United States of America. No one in this position is above criticism. If he can't handle it he needs to step aside now.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It's sad, but true. ATS has it's own little army of spin doctors that appear whenever to subject of politics enters the room.

In fact, I reckon there are a fair amount of spin doctors on both sides of the aisle present on the boards. I do agree with your assertion that there are still enough level-headed members who can see through the BS and set the record straight.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
It's not that hard to create an Obama smear thread.

All you have to do is criticize Obama, true or not, but just the Criticism itself is a smear. Not only is it a smear, it is out and out racism.

Barack Hussein Obama is running for President of the United States of America. No one in this position is above criticism. If he can't handle it he needs to step aside now.

Yes. Anyone running for president should be open to criticism...but his ears, his mother, claiming he is a closet Muslim on and on it goes.

And YES there are A WHOLE LOT of RACIST POSTINGS on the Obama smear threads. No, NOT ALL CRITICISM OF OBAMA IS RACIST.

I will say it again. If you don't want to be called a racist, don't say racist things. If you don't want to be pounced on for BSing then be honest. How hard is that?

Talk about what is important and support your Opinion and headline with HARD EVIDENCE and FACTS, not BS and I am eager to discuss.

Obama isn't perfect. He is however, by far the best candidate for the job.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Obama isn't perfect. He is however, by far the best candidate for the job.

About the only thing Obama can change is a diaper. He is no more qualified to run this country than any schmuck on the street. He has done nothing of worth while in office and will do nothing if he gets to be President.

I'm so glad I don't like Kool-Aid. Even with my stunted political intellect I can see Obama is worthless.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
George Bush didn't know where Iraq was before he became POTUS. When asked who the leader of some countries were, he was unable to answer.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Why is it whenever someone posts a thread, or says anything less than flattering about Barack Obama, it's considered to be a smear or racially motivated?

Can't Obama supporters accept a little criticism about their candidate without immediately crying foul? Free speech is for everyone, not just Obama fans.

[edit on 7/10/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I suppose an additional way would be to wait for Mr. Obama to make another foot-in-mouth remark and post said comment. To me he seems to do this with a surprisingly frequent regularity. He does not need any help to be smeared, he does well all by himself.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
"Accuracy In Media" (www.aim.org) seems to be the leader in anti-Obama smears. AIM has devoted numerous columns to Obama's teenage relationship with Frank Marshall Davis ("Frank" from "Dreams From My Father"). Misrepresenting Davis as a "Stalinist" is one of AIM's recent smears.

Frank Marshall Davis was not a Stalinist. That is just one of Cliff Kincaid's myriad falsehoods. As the son of Frank Marshall Davis, I have been fighting a right-wing disinformation campaign, spearheaded by Cliff Kincaid's "Accuracy In Media" (AIM), that misrepresents the Davis-Obama relationship in an apparent attempt to exaggerate Obama's radical background. The AIM website is the source of the falsehoods regarding my father. The campaign consists of a series of small lies fabricated to support the big lie that "His values, passed on to Obama, were those of a communist agent who pledged allegiance to Stalin" (see www.aim.org...).

Cliff Kincaid appears to have originated the "Stalinist" viral rumor sometime between February and June 2008. In Kincaid's original (February 2008) attack against Davis (www.aim.org...), he does NOT call Davis a "Stalinist." Kincaid reports that Davis joined the CPUSA during WWII, according to Edgar Tidwell, "an expert on the life and writings of Davis":

"In addition to Tidwell's book, Black Moods: Collected Poems of Frank Marshall Davis, confirming Davis's Communist Party membership, another book, The New Red Negro: The Literary Left and African American Poetry, 1930-1946, names Davis as one of several black poets who continued to publish in CPUSA-supported publications after the 1939 Hitler-Stalin non-aggression pact. The author, James Edward Smethurst, associate professor of Afro-American studies at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, says that Davis, however, would later claim that he was "deeply troubled" by the pact."

In June 2008, however, Kincaid starts the "Stalinist" falsehood (www.pittsburghlive.com...). This is where Kincaid explains that he calls Davis a "Stalinist" because "he stayed with the CPUSA after the Hitler-Stalin pact" (1939). This contradicts Kincaid's February 2008 column, which states Davis did not even JOIN the CPUSA until later. Obviously Davis could not have "stayed with" the CPUSA before he even joined the CPUSA. Obviously, Kincaid's stated reason is invalid. Obviously, something else changed between February and June 2008, when Kincaid suddenly starts calling Davis a "Stalinist." Davis suddenly became a "Stalinist" because Cliff Kincaid said so??

I doubt you will find any references to Davis being a "Stalinist" before Kincaid's new label. Did the FBI or Congressional investigators consider him a "Stalinist"? I don't think so! Kincaid's expert on Davis, Edgar Tidwell, says Davis was NOT a Stalinist (see my.barackobama.com...). Kincaid's "Stalinist" claim seems to be a classic straw man tactic: exaggeration to produce an easier target.

This is Kincaid's style of journalistic integrity.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So it's ok to make fun of Mc Cain because he is old,saying he'll die of a heart attack,that he is a neo con because he has money,about his family? come on now when your running for office you open the door for critisism,just because one is black doesn't mean they can't be racist,get a grip

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

About the only thing Obama can change is a diaper.

A family man! Even John McCain thinks so.....I'm sure he would accept your compliment!

He is no more qualified to run this country than any schmuck on the street.

A man of the people!! Take that everyone calling him "elitist".

He has done nothing of worth while in office and will do nothing if he gets to be President.

That just means he can't destroy our country like the last guy!! The trifecta!

Three for three! Glad he has your support! It's much appreciated!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

So it's ok to make fun of Mc Cain because he is old,saying he'll die of a heart attack

What is the average life expectancy of a male in the US???
Are you saying we SHOULDN'T be concerned?? Two of my grandparents have passed away....both in their early 70's. I would say it is DEFINITELY a concern considering he has a Wasilla PTA mom as his running mate.

God help us all should Palin ever have the chance to sit across the table from Putin. She would be eaten alive.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I am curious, perhaps you know the answer?

How many members are there that seem to be dedicated to anti-McCain posts / threads? I have noticed several members that have about 90% of their activity on ATS solely dedicated to anti-Obama threads which to me indicates an agenda. I haven't noticed any members who only post to bash McCain. Sure there are people who bash him, but that isn't their sole purpose here since they seem to participate in other areas of ATS as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
God help us all should Palin ever have the chance to sit across the table from Putin. She would be eaten alive.

Like Obama wouldn't be.

Well, actually, he probably wouldn't be "eaten alive". He just do whatever it took to appease Putin.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've heard a few media outlets talk about Obama's qualifications to be President. One of them that i've heard many times is that...."well, he's running his campaign which is a large undertaking." I actually remember Anderson Cooper saying something like this and a few others as well.

I guess in this day and age "running for President" makes you qualified to be President.

Maybe i should run.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
reply to post by Oldtimer2

So it's ok to make fun of Mc Cain because he is old,saying he'll die of a heart attack

What is the average life expectancy of a male in the US???
Are you saying we SHOULDN'T be concerned?? Two of my grandparents have passed away....both in their early 70's. I would say it is DEFINITELY a concern considering he has a Wasilla PTA mom as his running mate.

Okay, so you want to make an issue of this. Here's how we do it.

Obama has YET to release his medical records, aside from a one liner from a doctor saying he's in fine shape.

McCain's medical records state he's in great shape and have the history to back it up.

Tell me why we shouldn't be worried about Obama's health when he doesn't believe it important enough to disclose his own medical history?

See? It works both ways.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Gotta give credit where credit is due. He beat the Clintons man. That's no small feat. Makes me think he's a helluva politician. I'll leave you to decide if that's a good thing.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to smear either cantidate? I thought ATS was about the truth! Smears are nothing but lies. Most of the time the truth is more dangerous than the fabrications.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
In my opinion, I believe everyone has a right to say anything they want about a presidential candidate. It is part of our freedom of speech as a US citizen. You can say all you want about my choice for president, because you know what? I am still going to vote for him. I would guess that 90% or more of the people in these threads have already made up their mind about who they are going to vote for anyway. Your insults are not going to change that. Your rhetoric are not going to change that. Your spin and other nonsense are also not going to change that. If anything, it will only strengthen the opposing persons choice to vote for their party.

Unfortunately this is the way it is. This is how it works. It is up to everybody to individually think for themselves and make their own choices as to what to believe, and what to not believe.

I am xmaddness and I approve this message.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by xmaddness]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Oh, but there are plenty of Palin bashers. McCain doesn't have as many bashers. I've seen some people say that they used to like him but don't anymore. I have a hard time bashing someone who sat in a POW camp for years which is longer than Obama has served in the Senate. I think others do as well. I don't think you can disprove this man's love for his country.

I will say that it can be good that spin is brought here because it CAN be disproven by other people.

You can say it's ugly, and in many accounts it is, but i think this is also where ATS shines in that people can duke it out with each other. They can be disproven. Of course some people will flat out NOT CARE, but there are some that do. And that's their right to do so.

I love ATS. It lets us discuss topics and express our feelings. It's amazing to see how wide the spectrum of opinion is. It's can be quite fascinating on how all of our views have been dictated by how we were raised and by our own life experiences.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join