It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I´ve been plagiarized.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here is what I posted at ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was a youtube video, I am not the original poster at Youtube, I took the time to translate the voices in it, my purpose was that my fellow ATS members would be able to understand what was said because it was in spanish. I also contacted the OP at youtube and translated my messages with him.

Now you can find my translation here:

www.niburu.nl...

and here:

www.realufos.net...

It is not a big deal for me, but the least they could do is mention ATS, I collaborate here, not on those other sites.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I hope you contacted the website administrators so they could at least offer the appropriate respect and recognition you deserve. I'm not sure ATS references are necessary in regards to your translations work, but at least you do rate some appreciation.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You have two options,
1) let it go, thanking em for immortalizing you
2) fight back, taking online revenge

I learned its more fun being immortal

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Looks like the RealUFOs site posted it before Niburu did. I don't see any way of knowing for sure if the Niburu site lifted the translation from ATS or if they took it from RealUFOs. I'm surprised how quickly your translation made the rounds...

Personally, I'd just be glad that my efforts were noticed and that they were helpful to others in understanding the video.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

We will take a look and see about getting the proper accreditations. We try to protect our members' work to the best of our ability. It's just not right for another site to lift the work of someone else and not give credit where credit is due.

edit: I sent an email to the webmasters asking them to give credit to ATS Member "Camilo1". Hopefully they will do the right thing.

Springer...

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's a real bummer that they didn't credit you appropriately but as everyone knows, everything multiplies on the internet.

If the original writers were credited for everything already out there, pages would take longer to load.
Imitation is the biggest form of flattery so at least you should feel proud your work is making the rounds and continues to inform others. Kudos

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks for your words Springer it means a lot to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've have heard a few things that I have written in other popular forums and blogs repeated on cable news and other shows a day or two after I had posted them. It was always small, memorable quips or points. My imagination wasn't running wild since others had brought it to my attention and showed me; the material was almost verbatim. That the entertainment industry (which of course includes "news") would scour the internet to rip off others' ideas is hardly astonishing. Personally, I couldn't care less and am more than happy to have been so helpful.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
google "Cease-and-desist letters"

Find the most threatening template and send it to the criminal offenders.

Defend your intellectual property.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
That the entertainment industry (which of course includes "news") would scour the internet to rip off others' ideas is hardly astonishing.

You never noticed that when you watch the news that everything we read here is there between 24 and 96 hrs later?

Really I think they watch ATS for the most posted news stories and then says something about it..

When my g/f asks did you hear about "bla bla" I say ya like 4 days ago..

Anyway.. just a thought..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
That the entertainment industry (which of course includes "news") would scour the internet to rip off others' ideas is hardly astonishing.

You never noticed that when you watch the news that everything we read here is there between 24 and 96 hrs later?

Actually it's only been about a week that I've been here but apparently it didn't take long to experience:

Did Iran PhotoShop This Photo?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Very well said.

It's not about ATS - and it's not even about your own thoughts on the importance of your contribution. It's about respecting YOUR intellectual property.

That's a serious, serious thing.
Let them know!
(Or I might, in one of my bellicose moods...
)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The "RealUFOS" site has made the appropriate additions as you can see here: www.realufos.net... ...

Springer...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Basically people think that they are only ones in this world to understand something, and when somebody else does, they think it is plaginarism. It isn't, Not always, but it does happen a lot.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

I think you need to look up the definition of "plagiarism" mate.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by rawsom

I think you need to look up the definition of "plagiarism" mate.

Springer...

I mean that when something happens in this world, it does not always matter who invented it first. People do understand what is happening and often get exact same ideas. They do not go out looking if anybody else has got that same idea already, they just publish it. To some extent, they do it but only in context of audience they are delivering to. So, if that audience reads sources x and y, they check sources x and y first. Usually, this is done automatically bevcause they follow what their competitors are doing.

Yet, stealing another's work does happen a lot and it is wrong of course.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
if you translated the video, how did you know you have been plagiarised as opposed to someone else translating the video? i'm just curious. given that realufos has credited you, i assume you have been plagiarised, but i'm curious as to how you knew.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

There are a lot of ways to do a translation, I know how I do it.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Camilo1]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Nothing benificial to add, but I just gotta say this ...........

Originally posted by Springer

I sent an email to the webmasters asking them to give credit to ATS Member "Camilo1".

That was about ........ well .......... TOO DAMN COOL !!!!

new topics

top topics

join