It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove ignores subpoena, refuses to testify

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Even if Rove does show up...which I feel he wont....he will simply sit there and plead the 5th over and over and over again.Then at the end of the day there will still be nothing.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm a little unclear about Rove's strategy here. He's claiming executive privilege protects him from testifying. The only thing executive privilege covers is consul to the president so, is he implicating the president in this? Or is he just trying to say that it's the kind of thing they chat about so he has a get out of jail free card?

Those guys are something. Conservative?lol They're the most radical bunch I've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If anything concrete is to happen with the Bush administration it will happen after January 20th, this way there will be no chance at a presidential pardon. That is of course if Obama wins the election. If McCain wins the election. Presidential pardons will be assured and so there is no point in prosicuting these criminals because they would just get away with it anyway.

Let them run, there is no statute of limitations on the crimes they have commited, so it's just a matter of time before the proper political climate is available so that convictions will stick to the lot of them and a pardon won't interfear with true justice being dispensed.

I guess we have to think long term on this kind of a deal.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

After Obama reversed his stance on FISA, I have ZERO faith that he would ever try to hold these criminals accountable for anything. Hell, he will probably send Bush a thank you letter for setting him up with so much power.

Only a 3rd party would "possibly" take any action for the betterment of the people and we all know how likely that is.....

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

You are more than likely right, however there is light at the end of the tunnel. There may come a time when someone gets into office that is not so easily swayed and would have the jewels to not pardon these criminals.

A formal investigation must be done now however so that the evidence can be preserved for a time when the political climate is primed for a proper trial and perhaps conviction of these people without the fear of it being wasted by a pardon. The problem with a pardon is that double jeopardy comes into play and so they could not be tried twice for the same crime. It is a shame that it has gotten this bad however that is the apathy of the general populace for you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join